Satchel of helpfull goods

So a few days agoo I created a Shaman, my first shaman ever and enjoying it.

I am leveling it as resto trought the old dungeons.
    So after each random dungeon you complete you get a satchel of helpfull goods. Now I have been doing allot of them dungeons, atm level 39 and I have gotten so far 2 items for casters/healers.
    So like almost every satchel I open there is a item in it with the wrong stats like of the Monkey / Battle / Bear / Bandit / Wild.

Anyone else having the same problem??

Re: Satchel of helpfull goods

random enchantment is random

well, i've got shoulders "of healing" as a warrior... :/

The loot you can get is all random.. you just have bad luck apparently ;D

As a shaman you should be:

A) leveling as enhancement
    B) Duel spec ASAP
    C) take full advantage of all the random enchant gear you're given

It's far more annoying on a character like a rogue to receive moonkin leather. But the random gear is free damn gear, just give it a few more attempts and you'll get stuff you want.

The items all have the same ilvl/gearscore. This is more important to some people anyways it seems. ;D

The idea isn't that you get bis loot all the way through leveling if you use the random. It is a random reward to give people more reasons to do it. Get a few friends and do it all together then trade the items around to best suit each other.

Quests don't give you items that only help your specific spec, why would these randoms be any different?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by praetora
    Get a few friends and do it all together then trade the items around to best suit each other.
    except that the items that come from these satchels are BoP which means no trading.
    - Rogues do it from behind

any of us who leveled up recently by largely using the random dungeon finder to do 5mans quickly realized that most of the blues u get from the random reward are gonna be good for nothing but vendor trash. which is fine, i'd dont really go into random dungeons to get BiS gloves that will last me for 5 levels anyways.

long and short of it bud, dont worry about it, just keep runnin them dungeons and soon you can be bitching at the loot dropping in lvl 80 instances!
    a small man carrying a large stick still dies to a shotgun in the face.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

100% agreed ^^
    - Rogues do it from behind

Like others have said it is vendor trash. So far I have seen (prot warrior 30-49)
    Rings
    Necks
    Shoulders
    boots
    gloves

One ring I use: +14 Stam
    Neck - I use the PvP one (Use Stone Keeper Shards to buy the BoA honor tokens and send them over)
    Shoulders - BoA 10% XP bonus
    Boots - PvP ones are better
    Gloves - wore them for a bit, but a random enchant green dropped which was better

So in the end I look at it as a 1 gold bonus
    "Peace is a lie"

Every level(range) has his typical item
    But the enchant/stats are random

It doesn't say it's helpfull for YOU... just helpfull.... cash is helpfull too

Quote Originally Posted by Septerra
    So a few days agoo I created a Shaman, my first shaman ever and enjoying it.

I am leveling it as resto trought the old dungeons.
    So after each random dungeon you complete you get a satchel of helpfull goods. Now I have been doing allot of them dungeons, atm level 39 and I have gotten so far 2 items for casters/healers.
    So like almost every satchel I open there is a item in it with the wrong stats like of the Monkey / Battle / Bear / Bandit / Wild.

Anyone else having the same problem??
    I may be wrong, but this is my interpretation of it. You're a shaman, a ranged/melee/healer so you have the benefits of each tree at your disposal.

Looking at mail gear (and the fact that the items given with the Stachels are new to the game as opposed to old world content), here are the options for mail wearers:

Hunter (3 Specs)
    Shaman Healer
    Shaman Elemental
    Shaman Enhancement

4/6 of these will be based solely around stats like agility / attack power / stamina, so I'm guessing 66%~ of the items are based around those stats. Whenever I've done dungeons on my 46 rogue, I've usually gotten attack power + agility shoulders or something of the sort, and on occasion a healing type of shoulder item.

As for rings and stuff, those are pretty generic, so no clue there.

Okay, I have explained this like 100 times to members of my guild who are leveling alts. I think I know the system pretty well for the random satchel but if I miss anything or I am incorrect feel free to correct me. Now the satchel you get drops 2 items per level bracket. The level bracket is by 10 levels. They stop at level 70 when you get triumph badges instead as a random daily reward. Once a day. Lets focus on the 15-25 bracket. Yes I know at 25 you might get something else I have noticed they overlap 2 or 3 levels so at 24 you could get a 26-35 bracket item. At level 15-25 you will only get a cloak or a belt. Belt will be cloth if your primary armor is cloth. leather if you wear leather and mail of your a warrior or paladin. No chance for plate at this bracket seeing as no class can wear it anyway. Each piece has a random set enchant. You will get shit that is not for you sadly but with that in mind remember you only get 2 items per level bracket so run a few randoms a day and you will eventually get the piece you want. Lets focus on leather since your a shamen. You are at 39 bracket leaving you in the third item tier. Wich means you will get some mail drops that you just cant use yet but will. You might also get leather i'm not fully sure. In this bracket you will get a ring or shoulders. Nothing else. The first one the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=51992 The ring has a possible 10 enchants and some have a higher drop rate reported then others as you can see. But you still have a chance. The other drop is shoulders http://www.wowhead.com/?item=51976 The shoulders have only 5 possible enchants 2 of wich will work for casters and 3 for enhancement. You have 10 levels to get the 3 peices you want. If you run a couple a day you will be fine. When you don't get what you want just consider it free vendor trash or DE it.

ive often chuckled to myself on my mage when id receive crap i cant use i understand random is random but really why call it a satchel of helpful goods---call it a satchel of potentially helpful goods :P
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/rchmarkert_2007/Signatures/cpt.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    As a shaman you should be:

A) leveling as enhancement
    B) Duel spec ASAP

C) take full advantage of all the random enchant gear you're given

It's far more annoying on a character like a rogue to receive moonkin leather. But the random gear is free damn gear, just give it a few more attempts and you'll get stuff you want.
    Those kind've contradict eachother. Anyway, did you even read his post? He's leveling through the dungeon finder, and as enh he wouldn't be able to heal. Your third point... makes absolutely no sense. So on my warrior alt, I should take the cloak of healing/sun/w/e? That point doesn't make sense.
    Soviet Russia was merely a setback!

Relys Sunwalker
    Rakzor Frostwolf
    Descle Dubraig

I always get the same enchant. It's mostly a useful one. Sometimes I get something I can't use, which is frustrating because I will get the same item all the other times aswell until a new type of item will start to drop.

Being a clothie in the LFG is pretty good, it's not really possible for you to get a useless stat on the cloth items you get.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.