Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Benedictus /anathema

Quote Originally Posted by Vook
    What I don't get is why Benediction is all holy-looking but it has Crit on it, and Anathema is all Shadow-looking, but has mp5 on it. What the sense-make?
    Benediction used to be healing only, and anethema used to increase shadow spellpower only.

the MP5 and such were just 'meh' stats on the weapons.
    Ones brain cannot co-pilot if ones mouth is on auto-pilot.

10+ Year Old Account

Anathema is simply the best looking staff ever made.
    I loved it so much when I got it back in the days ... the quest was insanely hard ... I was so proud :')

phai, you forget that Benediction still is made to go with the "iconic" priest set, the one that defines the class: Prophecy. Anathema just got one to go with it in the form of Absolution, it just took forever for it to happen. :P
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Antermosiph
    Benediction used to be healing only, and anethema used to increase shadow spellpower only.

the MP5 and such were just 'meh' stats on the weapons.
    no they weren't.

mana was one of the biggest problem to shadow priest back then.

And crit on heal, is nice. Shadow priest wasn't a mana battery in vanilla... ... .

15+ Year Old Account

Well considering the only time you would get away with shadow in PVE in Vanilla was if you were a GM/Officer in a guild, the regen only applied for PVP.

10+ Year Old Account

Grinding the EyE of Shadow didn't take more then 40 minutes. With the current dps those elites basicly melt away.

And you can still make benediction, got mine in WoTLK, never had any luck with the Domo drop, either got outbid or the damn hunter leaf dropped. I still proudly wear mine when doing heroics .

One of the biggest reasons that shadow was not considered a viable pve spec, other than the lack of healers of course, was that they went oom really, really fast. Vampiric Touch was added in BC to remedy that. Other than the mana problems, shadow did very good dps and you could stick a spriest in the rogue group to keep them topped off.

High-end guilds started allowing priests to go shadow in AQ40 when mana was less of a problem because of better gear. The Oracle set (T2.5) was basically designed for shadow priests, but had terrible set bonuses. Most guilds (mine included) didn't even allow healing priests to bid on the tokens because it was so bad for healing. And 8-piece Transcendence was amazing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Who Cares? I like Eduard Khil though.. TROLOLO FOR PRESIDENT!

Infractions this, infractions that.
    There's my sig.

Quote Originally Posted by scintal
    no they weren't.

mana was one of the biggest problem to shadow priest back then.

And crit on heal, is nice. Shadow priest wasn't a mana battery in vanilla... ... .
    It was crit for holy spells only if I remember it correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal
    I thought you couldn't do the Scepter quest because one of the quests requires a drop off ony60? Or does the revamped ony still drop it?

Just curious for when I get my Brood of Nozdormu rep up =)
    dont say ony60 its confusing please say somthing more along the lines of "level60 ony" for a minute I thought you meant a 60 man raid, since those dont exist lol

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos-
    Well considering the only time you would get away with shadow in PVE in Vanilla was if you were a GM/Officer in a guild, the regen only applied for PVP.
    na... it's not as bad as you put it.

DPS weren't that bad, but since priest > all other healers in vanilla, usually priest heal at raids.

I use to DPS as shadow for a while when my guild back then has overflowing priests. DPS wasn't bad with a few locks then.

Quote Originally Posted by WuDu
    It was crit for holy spells only if I remember it correctly.
    um.. heal is holy spell.. ... ...

I didn't say the crit were on shadow spells? .. ?_?

So I'm another old school priest that never got his Benediction (combination of guild needing me to play an alt sometimes and that DAMN HUNTER LEAF ALWAYS DROPPING). But I would LOVE to get this staff now.

Is there a site that has a guide on what you need these days? I'm in a casual/friends guild. Most people have BC 25man and WoTLK 10man experience. We are all in avg i232 gear from 10mans/badges. I still remember the fights pretty well (and a quick glance at an old strat guide would be plenty of refresher) but I don't want to waste everyone's time if we don't have enough/the right classes. Or am I over thinking this?

And I assume that attunement is still in place?

10+ Year Old Account

Just Wowhead it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyn
    So I'm another old school priest that never got his Benediction (combination of guild needing me to play an alt sometimes and that DAMN HUNTER LEAF ALWAYS DROPPING). But I would LOVE to get this staff now.

Is there a site that has a guide on what you need these days? I'm in a casual/friends guild. Most people have BC 25man and WoTLK 10man experience. We are all in avg i232 gear from 10mans/badges. I still remember the fights pretty well (and a quick glance at an old strat guide would be plenty of refresher) but I don't want to waste everyone's time if we don't have enough/the right classes. Or am I over thinking this?

And I assume that attunement is still in place?
    can probably duo the encounter, with a pal? may be? (you heal/dps a bit)
    Just all the adds could be annoying. To be sure, bring 3-4 and you should guaranteed win.