10+ Year Old Account

New PC, need a review!

Well, I am about to buy this new cheap desktop within a week, I'd just wonder how well it would run WoW and other, more demanding, games!

Spec:
    Intel i3-530 (2,93 GHz)
    4 GB DDR3
    Nvidia Geforce GT 320 (1024/2431 MB)
    leaving rest of the not so important specs out

The graphic card is apparently quite new, so if you know something about this one, then some feedback would be lovely :-* And I was also wondering if the Intel i3 prossesor can run WoW smoothly!

To be honest, I am expecting this computer to run WoW on full graphic (except shadow) at a 1920/1080 resolution within a 25 man raid, or am I expection too much? :-X My old laptor was only capable of running 25mans ICC with 12 FPS, so anything above that is great! :-X

- Thanks for any feedback given! :-*
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

Re: New PC, need a review!

The GT320 is a rebrand of the previous series, it might be a 230GT (I can't remember, this could be generous). They're not exactly new, I'd say they're close to a year old by now. It should run WoW fine outside of raids, but in raids you're going to see a huge hit to your framerate.
    Now onto the CPU: It's fairly low end by todays standards; most AMD processors in the price range of the i3 are considered high end dual core or midrange quad cores/tri-cores.

Now depending on what you're paying it may or may not be a good deal, if it's anything over $500USD(Or whatever currency) it's probably a pretty terrible deal.

Now onto the question I'm sure every following post will ask: Are you willing to build your own? (It's like adult lego now)
    Errors using inadequate data are much less than those using no data at all. - Charles Babbage

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshiro
    To be honest, I am expecting this computer to run WoW on full graphic (except shadow) at a 1920/1080 resolution within a 25 man raid
    Doubtful. You might want to save another $200 or so and buy something that will be better.

10+ Year Old Account

Afraid building my own is OUT of the question, as the money I get for this computer is from the insurance.

When you say "a huge hit on your framerate", how much are we talking? To be honest, I don't really care if I play on medium settings or ultra settings while raiding, as long as it's stable, and just like I mentioned, my old laptor had around 10 fps on low settings in 25mans, so anything is an improvement ;D but can I expect more than 35 fps while in 25mans?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by chaud
    Doubtful. You might want to save another $200 or so and buy something that will be better.
    Aye, that was probarly a bit too high expectations :P

At 1920*1080 a GT320 just won't cut it for anything above medium in 25 mans and that's being generous.
    Errors using inadequate data are much less than those using no data at all. - Charles Babbage

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by None
    At 1920*1080 a GT320 just won't cut it for anything above medium in 25 mans and that's being generous.
    As long as it's only in 25mans, then I can live with it Thanks for the help guys.