kgpanels + pitbull4, anchoring pb frames so they move as one

I've just started to teach myself how to build UI's using kgpanels and pitbull4. I am trying to get my head around anchoring elements (frames and panels) to each other at the moment.

I understand that if I anchor a kgpanel panel to the PitBull4_Frames_player frame, that it will keep it's position relative to that frame, even if I move that frame about. Is it possible to do this with pitbull frames, relative to one and other. For instance PitBull4_Frames_target to the player frame, so that when I move the player frame it also moves the target frame?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: kgpanels + pitbull4, anchoring pb frames so they move as one

Not currently, no - Pitbull anchors all of their frames individually, specifically to the bottom right corner, I believe it is. (Might be top left, but I seem to remember Shefki saying bottom right).

Shefki has commented that they may be changing that in a future release, but it's not going to be any time soon.

ok no worries. I will just manually place everything. thanks for your help!

A post by Shefki last week:

http://forums.wowace.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1518
    Major changes coming to PitBull4 down the pike and I figured some of you might like a heads up.

First of all I have singleton units implemented such that you can have as many frames for them as you want. This means that you could have more than one target frame. This is going to allow a lot of flexibility with configuration that simply wasn't possible before. If you wanted you could completely control your layouts and just piece together different frames to create the look you wanted.

For example one popular request that this will allow that has come up multiple times is detached cast bars. You could create a layout that has nothing but the CastBar enabled on it and then make another target frame. Place it anywhere you like and that'll be your cast bar.

For the most part PitBull4's infrastructure already supported this. However, the configuration files format did not. So this change is necessitating some configuration format changes.

At the same time that this change comes through, additional anchoring options will become available. In particular the ability to anchor frames to each other, and to set the anchor points of the frames. This will allow resolution independent configuration.

But more importantly it will allow us to finally have a respectable default configuration. We will have frames positioned near where the default UI frames are. Frames will no longer be piled up in the middle of the screen. A number of frames will be disabled by default in order to lower the degree to which the mod can be overwhelming when you first install it. While our default config will be fairly simplistic it should be usable enough that someone can probably run off and start playing right after an install.

All of this comes with the cost of some configuration file format changes as I mentioned above. However, all of this will be happening at the same time. So there will only be one change that you need to worry about. Once you run the version that includes these changes you will not be able to downgrade to a previous version without doing some reconfiguration. So I strongly recommend that you make backups of your WTF/Account/USERNAME/SavedVariables/PitBull4.lua file before installing this new update. Backing up this file will allow you to move back to a previous version if you have some unexpected issue.

I don't know precisely when I will be done with it. But I'd expect it in the next few days.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

I missed the line at the bottom when I read that post originally - "within the next few days." My bad - looks like it WILL be sooner, rather than later.