Bear Trinket Question.

Hey guys,

First time poster, quite a long time reader.

Was wondering if it was possible to get a bit of advice, this is my current armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...Halls&cn=Vends

I also have, http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50235 and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47735. Was wondering what combination I should use. I assume it's situational, ie more magical damage the two stam ones and more melee based the dodge / armour?

Any advice on gear / first frost upgrade is also welcome.

Thanks

Re: Bear Trinket Question.

Armory wont work for me atm so i dunno what stam trinkets you have on but it really depends on your health pool and what content you're tanking. It seems that for most of ICC the norm is to go with both the glyph and the thumb. However if you're lacking health keep a stam trink and the thumb imo.

(P.S gratz on the first post )
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

black heart and glyph

ick's rotting thumb is such a terrible trinket, and your engineering one is nice with the stam but a little out of date

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Any good tank should have multiple trinkets they should switch out depending on the boss.

That icks thumb though just sucks. Sell it.

Personally, in ICC I swap between three trinkets, the Black Heart, Glyph of Indomitability and Juggernaut's Vitality depending on the fight. I have a few more trinkets that I have the option of swapping in but those three are my go to ones.

I tend to go for the following combinations:

Marrowgar, Deathwhisper, Gunship: Black Heart, Juggernauts Vitality

Saurfang,Rotface, Festergut: Black Heart, Glyph

Putricide:Black Heart, Juggernaut's

Blood Princes:Black Heart, Juggernaut's (I'm shadow resist tank on this one)

Blood Queen:Black Heart, Juggernaut's

Valithria:Black Heart, Juggernaut's

Sindragosa:Black Heart, Juggernaut's

I haven't bought the Skeleton Key yet as I have yet to do a fight where that extra stam is necessary but when I do get it I will probably swap it in for Blood Princes and Sindragosa instead of the Black Heart.

In regards to your other gear, there are no glaring problems. You are over hit cap and really low on expertise. Getting your expertise up will help your threat gen a great deal. T9 helm would help that a lot and would allow you to get the triumph badge 245 shoulders. Conquest badge idol is better than the triumph one so I'd suggest grabbing that instead. n terms of spec I'd move a few points around. Most tank builds either go down resto to 2/2 master shapeshifter or get 3/3 imp mangle. Master shapeshifter is more base dps and tps but imp mangle allows for 2/3 KotJ allowing for a bit more burst and better dps in kitty form if needed. Pull the points out of bash and KotJ do do this.

Hope this helps.

Oh yeah, first Frost purchase, personally I went for the t10 legs. They are really nicely itemized and have a ton of expertise, which you need. A lot can be said for getting another slot first since there is the chance of getting legs and gloves from voa, it just depends how lucky you are with drops. Ruling legs out I'd go for either the back or shoulders.

for some reason i thought the thumb had armor on it.... eek they're right, it does suck. Toss it and farm the black heart.
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS