So I rerolled disc...

Just rerolled disc over holy, and im not sure if I have the right gemming and stuff, anyone care to take a look?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...sper&cn=Juized

/Juized
    "Can't do that while stunned"
    "Can't do that while stoned"

15+ Year Old Account

Re: So I rerolled disc...

Get the Ember Skyflare Diamond. (25 Sp, 2% Int)
    Less Haste Gems, more flat SP.
    Get rid of the Int/Spirit gems.
    Dont bother with socket bonuses unless they're red sockets with a Spellpower bonus.

Get rid of Improved Healing and at least some points Divine Fury, max out Focused Will.

Don't get rid of Insightful Earthsiege yet. First you need to switch your gems around. All Red sockets should be straight SP. Your Dragon's Eyes should be SP, not Haste. Replace all Int/Spi gems. If you can get +8 SP from a SP/Spi (or Mp/5) gem then it's worth it, but otherwise you should completely ignore them. Next look at Yellow sockets, they should be either SP, or SP/Haste. SP/Haste if you can get at least 2 SP, or 2 haste, or 5 crit.

Looking at your gear-
    Blue: The only Blue socket bonuses you should go for are in your Helm and Belt. I would recommend SP/MP5 in the helm and SP/Spi in the belt as it looks like you may use that for Shadow as well.
    Yellow: You should not be socketing yellow in your ring at all. You should also not be using SP/Haste in red.

So you need to regem almost all your blue sockets and the one yellow and you should be good. You do have some gearing issues though, but I guess it's leftover from being Holy. You have a lot of Spirit for Disc. Raid buffed I don't even break 600 and you're at 1068 unbuffed.

Finally, what do you intend to do with the spec? Are you tank healing a lot in 10 mans? If so then you'll want to shift to something like this. If you tank heal a bunch, but it's not your main goal then you should go with this instead. If you're doing primarily 25 mans and not being asked to tank heal a lot then this is the standard build.

Yes, this is going to be a long post. I agree with much of what the 2 posters above me said except a few things that I'll go over.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos-
    Get the Ember Skyflare Diamond. (25 Sp, 2% Int)
    Yes, do this. Starting @ 1100 INT, ESD starts to give more INT than IED meta and most Priests, including you, are way over that. More INT means more Crit, which is a huge plus for Discipline (due to Divine Aegis / Inspiration) and more Regen from Rapture, Shadowfiend, Hymn of Hope, and Replenishment. You don't need the Mana return proc from the IED meta you're using even though the Regen is superior to ESD. The extra INT is definitely enough and like I said, it has the bonus of adding more Crit. ESD also has 25 Spell Power, which is the best stat for Discipline since it's the ONLY stat our best spell, PW:S, scales with. That's a main reason why Discipline Priests gem flat 23sp gems mostly.

Less Haste Gems, more flat SP.
    Correct again. This is because the Discipline spec is lacking in the value it can extract from Haste Rating due to the Borrowed Time and Enlightenment talents. Now, more Haste is ALWAYS good, even when you are passed the 1 second GCD cap with Borrowed Time up (because faster casting spells are always better and can go under 1 sec even if the GCD can't) but I do not recommend gemming for Haste as Discipline. Another reason is because PW:S and PoM don't scale with Haste.

Now, maybe when you no longer need the INT in yellow sockets you can gem SP+Haste but at that point you'll benefit more from nothing but pure SP gems everywhere. Also remember that Enlightenment doesn't show up on your character stats screen, so you have 6% more than shown. If you are going for a socket bonus (the only socket bonuses you should care about are Spell Power ones by the way) and need to use yellow gems, use SP+INT.

The Mental Strength talent makes INT even more valuable to Discipline Priests than it already is. The Crit and Regen we get from our large amount of INT is great. A large mana pool in itself is a form of Regen via longevity too.

Eventually, when Priests are close to 1700 INT without gemming INT, they start to ignore Spell Power socket bonuses also and just gem pure 23 Spell Power gems in every single socket. They will do this until they reach a new encounter where mana might become an issue again, at which point going back to SP+INT gems helps.

Get rid of the Int/Spirit gems.
    Yes, do this. Even though the more SPR you have the more valuable INT is and vice versa, it is wasting a slot where you could be gaining Spell Power which is much, much, MUCH more important for Discipline Priests.

Don't bother with socket bonuses unless they're red sockets with a Spellpower bonus.
    Yes, take this advice, I kind of reiterated this a few lines up. Except, you can definitely get a Spell Power socket bonus even if it needs something other than red gems, likea piece of gear with red/yellow sockets and a +5sp bonus is just fine for a Discipline Priest, one that needs/wants the INT at least in the yellow slot. Like I said above, eventually you can just go pure Spell Power and ignore ALL socket bonuses when you decide you don't need/want anymore INT which comes with acquiring very good gear.

Get rid of Improved Healing and at least some points Divine Fury, max out Focused Will.
    You don't need any points in Divine Fury if you are focusing on raiding, or even if you just want to be the best healer possible. You will not cast GHeal enough to warrant propping it up with talent points. Spell Warding for survivability and even Improved Renew for dungeons/rare scenarios where you have a GCD with nothing else to do would be better choices.

Definitely max out Focused Will mainly because you most certainly DO NOT NEED Improved Healing AT ALL. Discipline is extremely mana efficient and to be honest, you'll be casting more PW:S, Flash Heals, and PoM's due to the CD on Penance. Good Discipline Priests (depends on the circumstances of course) don't use Penance immediately on every single CD either, you should usually save it for predictable damage spikes that endanger people. Of course, this does not mean just sit there with Penance off CD for 25 seconds, but just don't spam it like crazy either if you know a spike is coming soon, it's ok to leave it there for 5 seconds and cast 2 Flash Heals instead if that's the case. In short, the mana saved over the course of a fight with Improved Healing is not that much no matter what role you are playing in the raid.

I really can't see you having mana problems. I didn't have mana problems on most Heroic 25m ICC fights as Discipline and I was rocking 3-4 ilvl 245 items, crappy trinkets with crappy regen, and a 232 neck. I think timing out your Regen CD's and a Runic Mana Pot will go further than Improved Healing. At the very least, play without it for a few weeks and then play with it and then decide.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Wow, this have been really helpfull so far

In 10man ICC im the "tank healer" but im just mainly shielding em and throwing a penance when they take damage - and im also shielding all the raid when ive got the time for it
    I looked at the specs n all, and tried to make something that fits me.
    I also tried regemming, tell me if im totally wrong, or its ok?
    The spirit gear is leftovers from holy, just changed to disc yesterday, so havent really had the time to respec, ill be getting my t10 legs in 3 days, so dont comment on the gemming on the legs

Armory is updated btw.

Quote Originally Posted by G l o w y r m
    snip
    best post ever.

socket all spell power if you can afford to.

Quote Originally Posted by G l o w y r m
    I really can't see you having mana problems. I didn't have mana problems on most Heroic 25m ICC fights as Discipline and I was rocking 3-4 ilvl 245 items, crappy trinkets with crappy regen, and a 232 neck. I think timing out your Regen CD's and a Runic Mana Pot will go further than Improved Healing. At the very least, play without it for a few weeks and then play with it and then decide.
    Sorry but, in that case you aren't spamming hard enough and are just coasting, especially in hardmodes.

Quote Originally Posted by noza2004
    Sorry but, in that case you aren't spamming hard enough and are just coasting, especially in hardmodes.
    No...no it's definitely possible, Disc when played right isn't as stressful on you as other heal specs.

I disagree, I tend to go oom more than most other classes of healers. Disc should be always casting, you burn mana like a beast.
    {broken signature}

15+ Year Old Account

Depends on the fight.

On some you can get the super fun mana regen from rapture. (Although, the new 10% buff in ICC is hurting that for me, my bubbles don't break on the raid so easily.)

Also depends on what you are doing. Remember, some disc priests tank heal too.

As a raid bubbler, though, mana goes by super fast.

Step 1, spec this--> http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...Y111,apO,11723

Never EVER even consider using greater heal, as a disc priest, you're merely a crutch for the other healers.
    You won't be able to tank heal as well as a paladin, nor raid heal as good as a druid, you're better off using Flash Heal while keeping renew up, PW:S when weakened soul falls of and finally cast PoM and Penance on cd, instead of wasting precious time and mana on greater heal.
    However, some people stack haste to the edge that greater heal actually becomes useful when hasted by borrowed time, however, you'll do way better with stacking spellpower and keeping around 300-ish haste((More haste won't kill you)).

Socket for bonuses or not ((It's debatable)), the gain from that is almost trivial. But one thing is certain though, your emphasis should be on SPELL POWER if you don't find yourself running oom.
    As a disc priest, you shouldn't have too much mana problems ((with replenishment)) on anything other than BQL ((If dps is lacking)) and LK((Those infests gotta go!))...
    However, if you still do have troubles keeping your mana even with a mana pot and cds((And perhaps the occasional innervate from a friendly boomkin or kitty)), gem intellect or hybrid intellect. After all, it's your best regen stat, and it gives you some of that mildly useful crit.

In short, learn to love intellect and SPELL POWER.

And as a sidenote, leave that guild and go back to holy already, you freaking rocked at it! \o/

//Old guildie

15+ Year Old Account

Greater Heal is undervalued in fights. For something like Dreamwalker, greater heal is very useful if you have the haste to support it

learning disc is something you have to do yourself, for the start gem sp+int in yellow, sp in red, and sp/spirit in blue. once you learn to play switch out gems / gear accordingly and go from there
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Thanks for all the reply's - been very usefull think ive found the right balance and the right spec for me

Fahrudinovepapuce <- Who the hell are you? <3

So now i think my disc gear is better

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...sper&cn=Juized

Is there any point, where it becomes viable to stack some haste? I had around 800 haste as holy, so kinda miss it

Haste as disc is only good for tank healing and PoH, neither of which you should be doing a lot of if it all possible.

Quote Originally Posted by k3nn
    Haste as disc is only good for tank healing and PoH, neither of which you should be doing a lot of if it all possible.
    Haste as Discipline is only good for picking up the additional support that you pretend to be bringing when you fill the healer-slot. Greaters "as needed", as well as Prayers "on demand" are quite awesome, and the ability to use those really shines when you look at how much you're actually getting from haste in comparison to the alternative stats on gear.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~