Thread: Best Boss Mod

Best Boss Mod

Moving this over to MMO-Champion, since I didn't get any answers on Ensidia's forum.

Which of the following Boss Mods have you been having the best experience with? (Please, only ppl who've tried them all)
    Deus Vox Encounters
    VBM (VisionBossMod)
    Deadly Boss Mods
    BigWigs Bossmods

I, myself have only tried DBM and VBM. I liked VBM the most of those two.
    DXE looks promising too. That's why I made this thread.

If you know any Boss Mods which aren't on the list, please tell me the name of it and give a download link.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Re: Best Boss Mod

i like DXE the best but use DBM for the stuff DXE doesn't cover

For the absolute best I'd probably say DBM. However, as a dps I keep BigWigs running for its simplicity over the others.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

DBM is the one I have had the most experience with, though a complete lack of attempt to customise it in any way because short of some less than ideal bar positions which I never bothered to correct it causes little problems.
    Vision Boss Mods is a guild specific addon from my understanding, and until a formal release comes either via their own, or one of the usual websites I would not be keen on trying that out.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

DXE is the best for hardmode content.
    Armory available upon request, but here is a small preview:
    It is better than yours.

DXE. It's the most frequently updated, and is the cleanest looking by far.

DXE by far.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd
    DBM is the one I have had the most experience with, though a complete lack of attempt to customise it in any way because short of some less than ideal bar positions which I never bothered to correct it causes little problems.
    Vision Boss Mods is a guild specific addon from my understanding, and until a formal release comes either via their own, or one of the usual websites I would not be keen on trying that out.
    It is guild specific, but I know a person who knows one from the guild.
    I gave you the download link so ppl could try it out and give me the best answer.

I used bigwigs in the old days then went to DBM when it came and then changed to DXE and to me DXE is so far the best one. I use DBM pvp and instance module still.
    DXE is the best configurable one and it gets updated very frequently compared to the other ones.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

I use DXE mainly because of the how good it is with timers, and is down to the very second.. where DBM is usually off a few seconds.

I use DBM but it has some bad things going on. We were in VOA and tanking/taunting with 3 stacks of frost.
    DBM 1 2 big pause 6....WTF
    then I start seeing both me and the other tanks stacks and it worked ok from then on.
    Now these are being displayed right where they should be half way up from the center of the screen, middle...perfect
    Next boss I was looking for stacks and debuffs and they ended up displaying on the bottom right of my screen.
    Now this might be from something interfering with it like scroll combat text or dhud or ??

I tried Deus Vox and it has some good stuff but it talked about some features I could never get to work or to work correctly.
    Like the arrow and warnings that seemed to work about half the time.

Really I was hoping for a boss mod that did it all. I guess they do...SOME TIMES.

quick question to you is there a way to tell them to run in test mode....show warnings and position stuff before you actually raid?
    like I am fighting X and run as if the encounter is happening....heck some times tanking(noob) I am hitting buttons in the fight praying I can find out where on the screen stuff is displayed and what I am looking at...and while getting you arse kicked its no time to try and figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by sparks
    I use DBM but it has some bad things going on. We were in VOA and tanking/taunting with 3 stacks of frost.
    DBM 1 2 big pause 6....WTF
    then I start seeing both me and the other tanks stacks and it worked ok from then on.
    Now these are being displayed right where they should be half way up from the center of the screen, middle...perfect
    Next boss I was looking for stacks and debuffs and they ended up displaying on the bottom right of my screen.
    Now this might be from something interfering with it like scroll combat text or dhud or ??

I tried Deus Vox and it has some good stuff but it talked about some features I could never get to work or to work correctly.
    Like the arrow and warnings that seemed to work about half the time.

Really I was hoping for a boss mod that did it all. I guess they do...SOME TIMES.

quick question to you is there a way to tell them to run in test mode....show warnings and position stuff before you actually raid?
    like I am fighting X and run as if the encounter is happening....heck some times tanking(noob) I am hitting buttons in the fight praying I can find out where on the screen stuff is displayed and what I am looking at...and while getting you arse kicked its no time to try and figure it out.
    I think you just need to configure them right.

DXE is incredible in comparison to say DBM, highly recommended

I've used, DBM, Bigwigs, and lately DXE. At the moment, DXE is by far my favorite. The appearance of the warning and the general layout and stylishness make it really easy on the eyes.

I used DBM first off, and found it to buggy and weird, so switched to BigWigs, but was starting to just find it.. lacking. DXE has all the features i've ever wanted from a boss mod, and is the most visually appealing to me, so i'm quite happy with it.

The arrows annoyed me at first, but i disabled all bar one. (I'm a tank, so can't see any need for more than one arrow). I moved the Alert bar into the middle of the screen, and played around with bar and text size, as you do with any boss mod.
    The longer i use it, the more the sound warnings become second nature, and the more i find myself able to let my eyes roam more and still keep track of the fight.

"It turns out the only signature he needed was my fist! ... But with a pen in it ... that i was signing with."

I personally use BigWigs but it seems like most people like DXE. As far as I remember Bigwigs is for raids only. DBM is for heroics, raids, pvp. I've never used DXE but i'm going to guess it has everything. I only use Bigwigs because it uses the lest memory.

[i]A quick death...like the one you gave me? No. You're going to suffer as I did. Thanks to my arrow, you can't even run. Give my regards to hell, you son of a bitch.
    -Sylvanas Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Surtr
    I personally use BigWigs but it seems like most people like DXE. As far as I remember Bigwigs is for raids only. DBM is for heroics, raids, pvp. I've never used DXE but i'm going to guess it has everything. I only use Bigwigs because it uses the lest memory.
    Nop, DXE supports only the latest PvE instances. Can't find even timers for VoA in it.

All boss mods offer different things, and it depends on person what you want/need. If you want an addon that does everything straight out of the box and has great support go for DBM, if you need extreme customization go for DXE.

Most players do not need the setup options of DXE and it becomes a burden instead of blessing to have all those buttons when you're setting it up when simpler solution would do the trick. Kinda like setting up Grid vs Healbot for raid healing use. Both do the same thing, but you make a tradeoff between extreme customization and ease of use.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Tried all, here is my oppinion:
    DBM - Low
    DXE - Medium
    BigWigs - Good