Thread: Trauma

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Trauma

Good or bad for paladin,just got it,not sure if its any good?. It replaced my miserys End

Re: Trauma

I'd say situational. Overall I would say it should go: Dru > Sham > Priest > Paladin in terms of who should get it first.

Overall its not that wise of a choice for a pally but an upgrade is an upgrade. You didn't say what you were using before.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabious
    Overall its not that wise of a choice for a pally but an upgrade is an upgrade. You didn't say what you were using before.
    He said Misery's End.

ah didn't notice. Its getting late and I just finishing briefing my 8th case tonight :-(

In that case personally I would have kept Misery's End.

The little loss of Int and the lack of haste/crit really don't make up for the proc.

As stated before druids really benefit a hell of alot from this as it procs and bounces off their heals.

Bad. There's no "situational" about it. It's just bad.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

None of the our druids ,shaman or priest healer were jumping on it,waited about 30sec and none of them said anything,so i just went and grabbed it.

Quote Originally Posted by strydder
    None of the our druids ,shaman or priest healer were jumping on it,waited about 30sec and none of them said anything,so i just went and grabbed it.
    Your resto druids are insane, then.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Your resto druids should be jumping off the walls trying to get that. The proc can do from 2% - 13% of my healing depending on the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    Thought I'd read around that it can be quite useful on fights where people are often close together (say Festergut) but was really bad on fights BQL where you'd spread out a lot. Think that was in a thread on PlusHeal, but I agree it is much better suited to the other classes before paladins.

Im going to try to talk our druids into it. I think the reason they didnt want it was because they dont have a offhand to go with it and that we use epgp to distribute loot,so they just want to save their points for 264 tokens.....idk

I actually found it quite useful. i'm still plus 835 haste with it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Skulldancer
    I think Fire meant that the proc is worthless.

Bad, in the sense that it is a single-target throughput decrease and that is typically the job holy pallies are given.
    The "situation" it would be useful in is the case where you are told to beacon the tank and heal a grouped up raid. So basically, Festergut.
    If you and the rest of your healing team follow healing assignments rigidly, it's probably not going to be very good, i.e. on progression. The more casual you get, the more cross-healing you are doing, the more Trauma's proc can shine on a fight like Festergut or Twin Valks.

In summary, get your resto druids to take it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahippo View Post
    We are gunna use some dust brown to paint some happy little tornados here, and one more here. Then we are going to use some white to paint happy little wind blasts here. Just dab the brush along the base of al akir, and there you have it. THE GAYEST FIGHT EVER

Quote Originally Posted by Ciah
    Bad, in the sense that it is a single-target throughput decrease and that is typically the job holy pallies are given.
    The "situation" it would be useful in is the case where you are told to beacon the tank and heal a grouped up raid. So basically, Festergut.
    Negative. It has a 1% proc rate with no ICD and the proc only works on direct heals. This means that Beacon, HL Glyph, JoL, etc do not trigger the effect (otherwise, imagine the shenanigans you could pull with JoL!). A Holy Pally will only see ~3 procs in any given fight (assuming a direct heal is cast every 1.3 seconds).

So yeah. When I said it was universally bad for us, I meant just what I said. Unless a weapon that has nothimg more than Int, Stam and SP is somehow better than what you currently have and every single Shaman or Druid already has it, there is no reason for this to ever end up in a Pally's hands. Hell, even Holy priests should have prio on this over a Pally.

In summary, get your resto druids to take it.
    This is correct. The reason being that their HoTs count as direct heals. Each tick counts as a direct heal. And if you imagine that a Resto Druid can easily have HoTs rolling on 1/3 of the raid at any given point in time, it becomes very clear as to why their chances of proc'ing are way higher than a Holy Pally who is only getting one chance every ~1.3 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulldancer
    You should go back to whatever you had before. I can't imagine that this was actually an upgrade over your previous weapon. Since you are in the odd situation of being a Pally with this weapon, you can actually go check out exactly what it's doing for you. Look for the healing done by "Fountain of Light" in your Recount. This is the name of the proc'ed heals. If it's more than 1% of your total healing, I'd be very surprised.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

Does it proc off the glyph of holy light? I believe someone alluded to it earlier. But even if it does, proc chance is still much lower than a druids, the glyph just might make Trauma *marginally* more useful for a holy paladin.

It does not. Like the weapon itself says - it only can proc off of direct heals. Otherwise it would be crazy OP with JoL.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

Negative. It has a 1% proc rate with no ICD and the proc only works on direct heals. This means that Beacon, HL Glyph, JoL, etc do not trigger the effect (otherwise, imagine the shenanigans you could pull with JoL!). A Holy Pally will only see ~3 procs in any given fight (assuming a direct heal is cast every 1.3 seconds).
    It procs all the time, its almost always 2% of overall healing for free in most fights, and in certain fights where people are clumped up enough, it's 7-8% healing. It procs off of the splash from the HL Glyph.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=9249&e=9486
    8.4% doesn't suck.

It does not. Like the weapon itself says - it only can proc off of direct heals. Otherwise it would be crazy OP with JoL.
    I'm fairly certain it procs off of JoL... we just can't get our ret paladins to stop judging JoL, because they're retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMocking
    It procs all the time, its almost always 2% of overall healing for free in most fights, and in certain fights where people are clumped up enough, it's 7-8% healing. It procs off of the splash from the HL Glyph.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=9249&e=9486
    8.4% doesn't suck.
    Yeah. The weapon is sick on Festergut. Definitely a situational weapon, but with enough people in one spot I definitely prefer Trauma over my usual Lockjaw.