Poll: Which?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Dungeon leveling, holy or disc?

Which is a better healer 1-70ish?

Re: Dungeon leveling, holy or disc?

The mana regen from the tree and the power word shields > AoE heals + renew in my opinion. leveled both priests disc and holy in dungeons, enjoyed disc more.

Get Meditation first regardless.

My vote is for holy, because I personally don't care for the disc playstyle and a lot of people don't understand it, even more so at lower levels. Being holy lets you avoid the noob tanks whining about your shields, and it plays better with less glyphs imo. You won't get Penance til 60 anyway.

I finished leveling a month or so ago and I went for holy. At lower levels you either have:

* New players that take damage or;
    * experienced player that have an urge to pull everything before the tank pulls.

Holy is very nice when multiple targets take damage!

And like someone above said, meditation in the disc tree is a must have!

Quote Originally Posted by Fortunado
    When I first read the title, I almost pooped myself. Then I clicked the link and laughed that poop out!
    /lol

Switched from Holy to Disc at 48. I lost a lot of spellpower, but the mana regen and improved shields more than make up for the loss of spellpower. By comparison, healing Mara at 47 as Holy, I stopped and drank every 4th pull (chain pulling tank). As Disc at 48, I did not drink once (and never dipped below 3/4 mana) in Sunken Temple. The shields rarely broke, and, when they did, I got mana back. Flash Heal glyphed with talents uses very little mana as well. I have read that you should wait until 60 to switch to Disc for Penance, but, for me, so far, Disc was a vast improvement in mana efficiency over Holy.

Note: My group had a 51 SPriest so I need another run to confirm that my mana efficiency and healing ease was not directly related to VT and VE.

I leveled 1-68 as Discipline. With Reflective Shield it's pro, and quite versatile. If you know what you're doing you can actually be a decent single target dpser to boot that brings the sexy buffs.

15+ Year Old Account

Because I leveled my priest 1-60 pre-TBC I cannot speak to that level range, but 60-80 was a breeze as Discipline. Granted, the LFD tool didn't exist when wrath came out, myself and a Druid friend quested and instanced together.

I enjoied Discipline because I could solo kill things on my own withou much downtime due to reflective shield, and hasted smites/holy fire.

If I were to do it again now using the LFD tool exclusively, I would go up to meditation in Discipline (as others have said) and then start moving towards deep Holy. The +flat percentage healing you get in the holy tree will help prop up your lack of large amounts of spell power at low levels. Once you hit burning crusade and wrath content I would consider Discipline again due having nice blue drops which, compared to pre-TBC drops, ooze spell power.

tl;dr: Holy to early 60s, Discipline to 80 and heroics.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

15+ Year Old Account

Discipline is a lot more mana efficient than Holy, and I think it runs better as well with less SP, so it would get my vote. OOM moments aren't funny, and they occur too often as Holy.

Deleted

Its all about the mana baby.

And as disc, you have more of it. A lot more.

Spec Meditation as Holy (even though it's an "omg disc" talent). Stop healing Ret Paladins with Righteous Fury up. Tada, I fixed your mana problems.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~