Self updating ui?

Ever since the recent patch LUI hasn't been working for me.. The grid + omen dissapeared, along with the toggle bars uptop and the one on right.

Is there a way I can update these myself, and not do any drastic changes? I just want it back to normal.. zzz..

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...&page=213#info

Re: Self updating ui?

use curse client to update each addon and make sure out of date addons is checked and it should be fine

Quote Originally Posted by littlevamp78
    use curse client to update each addon and make sure out of date addons is checked and it should be fine
    do i just drag and drop those addons?

the curse client will scan your folder, tell you which to update then you click update and it does it all for you..no dragging and dropping needed.

Is it as easy as dragging the addons in client? It won't reset the settings on it will it?

You do not even need to drag them.
    The curse client will automatically recognise most of the addons that you are likely to have.
    Each one that is recognised will appear on the list, with each one thought to be out of date marked as such.
    Clicking the "update all" button at the top should suffice.
    Or even the update button on the affected addons only if you do not want to risk anything.
    The curse client does not touch your "saved variables", basically the settings you asked about unless you tell it to do so, or you remove an addon.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd
    You do not even need to drag them.
    The curse client will automatically recognise most of the addons that you are likely to have.
    Each one that is recognised will appear on the list, with each one thought to be out of date marked as such.
    Clicking the "update all" button at the top should suffice.
    Or even the update button on the affected addons only if you do not want to risk anything.
    The curse client does not touch your "saved variables", basically the settings you asked about unless you tell it to do so, or you remove an addon.
    The update all button only works for premium accounts. It's still pretty easy to update every addon individually though, and certainly easier than downloading the zips yourself.

Deleted

Load out of date addons. :P

15+ Year Old Account

Yeah, check Load out of date addons, as well as getting an update client. Curse isn't as good as Wowmatrix. I stopped using the Curse updater last year.
    For the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn
    Yeah, check Load out of date addons, as well as getting an update client. Curse isn't as good as Wowmatrix. I stopped using the Curse updater last year.
    It saddens me to hear you say that, after everything nasty that WoWMatrix has done in the past. Haven't heard anything about them in a while, but I know how bad it was and it's turned me off of it forever.

Indeed.
    Wowmatrx was a very good updater, just they went about things the wrong way.
    Tending to use the curse client myself only due to the majority I use being present amongst others on curse though come a potential ui overhaul I may start from scratch a lot and make notes specifically where each one comes from, particularly since I use some from wowinterface too.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Just don't update Quartz, I had to completely re-install LUI because the Qaurtz update f'ed up the casting bars.
    Mike Morheim: Rift is totally gonna fail
    Ghostcrawler: Yeah good thing we made healing harder!
    Metzen: Guys, what soul should I get to go with Paladin and Beastmaster?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

LUI uses Quartz-Ace2, while recently Quartz was changed to Ace3 - so all settings were reset.