Affliction Warlock LF help in 2's

Hi. Me and my best friend are trying to run 2's. Hpally / Affliction Warlock. We have some problems that are obvious and small and easily workable that we already know (Like me casting a wrong spell at the wrong time against double dps bursters and having my warlock die because of it)

We believe the problem is on my warlocks end, as I paired up with a different warlock and easily glided up to 1800 and 2000, before leaving that warlock. I don't see a huge difference between the two *But my time is spent mostly eyeing healthbars and cast bars and trying to LoS Manaburns and the likes* He is doing everything he thinks he can, and yet we're still losing.

We seem to ONLY be paired against priests/druids/warriors/shamans. We have done a bunch of arenas and there is always one of those on the enemy team. 9/10 it's priest / druid / warrior with 1/10 being a shaman, obviously. And they just wreck us up. My warlock is extremely annoyed with warriors, he spends his entire time only being able to cast about 1 spell every 30 seconds or so. The warriors just charge him, interrupt via charge, and beat the living crap out of my warlock. The druids spend their time just cyclone spamming me and pillar humping. The priests spend their entire time mana burning me, and running up to me and fearing me, and then mana burning me.

We can hardly seem to get a full dots up on a target, with how much they LoS / Lock down my warlock. And with the CC on me, he's usually dead while I'm seeing life through sheep's eyes, running around screaming my head off, or sitting in a tornado.

Our MMR is around 1600 ATM, but we seem to be fighting teams with serious amounts of wrathful gear.

The Warlock uses his Fel Puppy, and most of the time, Demon armor, because he dies too easily with Fel armor. He tried to fully dot one target, and fear it. But has massive difficulties getting dots up on two targets, as he generally needs a CD to get out of the massive lock down for the first row of dots.

If you need any more information please let me know, I did my best to let you know our situation, now.

What we need is a in depth telling of what we should be doing against most people. In order to succeed, what should the warlock be doing. We don't need "Fear and fully dot" Thats obvious and vague. We need a priority list, what dots should go up first, who should we target first, what can we do to stop the massive CC chain on either of us. How to handle Warriors. How to handle druids. What to do when they are pillar humping so hard we can't touch them.

And as for me, should I be sitting next to him, or at like 35 yards away from him, making myself around 75 yards from the enemy, so they can't easily switch to me.

*An edit since I seem to be getting the same advice, the lock already has his macros, and is using them. So far the only REALLY good thing I've read so far is using the portal in ways we have not yet been using it for.*

Here is our gear so you can see if we're making any glaring mistakes

Warlock

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...beard&cn=Woofy

Paladin

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...eard&cn=Zuthos

*Notes, I know about the blue gems, trust me, you don't need to tell me. Pretty much knock anything but the gems. Just in case I've made a glaring mistake.
    http://www.youtube.com/ThinkingsHard Youtube for WoW PvP, Arenas, BG's, PvE, Starcraft II and possibly more!

Re: Affliction Warlock LF help in 2's

Afflic/Holy paladin doesn't have as much synergy as afflic/druid but it can still work to some pretty high rating if you play well.

As for you asking about distance for the paladin you should try and stay max distance and near some form of LoS you can duck behind to LoS sheeps/cast time CC's damage from your enemy to avoid being quick switched/CC-chained as easily, the only time you should really be up close is if you are going to throw an HoJ and then you get out of there.

Sheeps: You need to always have a plan as to how to get out of the next coming sheep (try not to have to ever trinket, and try to just wait out the last sheep since it's only like 3 seconds). Some ways you can do this are Hand of Sacrifice, Divine Sacrifice, and a REALLY important one is devour magic (It's an absolute MUST to have the warlock use macro's for quick devours on himself and you against CC teams, but against warr/druid etc. you are better off just auto-casting devour.)

Priest fears and Mana Burns: You need to be max distance from your warlock/his pet so that if the priest fears it can't get both of you. Have the warlock use his devour macro (too lazy to go copy mine, but you can just google it or whatever) to remove it as quickly as you can or you will just have to trinket the fear if burns are coming/your warlock is in trouble. If for some reason you are in trouble of getting mana burned (the pet dispel fails, no trinket, or whatever) have the warlock spell-lock or fear the priest off to prevent any/more burns, stopping mana burns is ESSENTIAL to beating disc teams. In 2's the ultimate goal of that priest is to mana burn you, and he will chase you all over that map just to do it. Always pop Divine Plea while the priest is not near you/you are LoS'ing to avoid Divine plea dispels.

To the warlock: Glyph of shadowflame and Curse of Exhaustion are your friends against melee. Kite all melee (it's really easy to kite a rogue (Especially with hand of freedom) and don't be afraid to use your portal offensively (teleport away and then roll dots) or just to get that fear off. Don't teleport against warriors though... save that for the storm. Against warriors you are going to have a hard time kiting and will be constantly be taking heavy hits, for this you really just need to keep up the offensive pressure, if you see the warrior starting to back off so that he can charge/intercept stun again don't be afraid to follow him into minimum range for a second and then back out again (It can really screw with bad warriors). Demon armor is good, but only use it if you are being focused extremely hard (Double dps) or if there is 50% MS effect.

Against shaman teams in general use your pet to stomp totems (I know you can't macro, but manually sending your pet to slap the totem AS you finish the fear can really work wonders)/do it yourself. Roll dots effectively. Shaman teams usually don't have a dispel so you need to just keep appling the DoT pressure and kill the mana tide.

I know that's not everything but I'm tired, I may add more in the morning if any of this was actually helpful.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

As someone who as only just stepped into BGs this is excellent information.

I don't believe we've tried using portal offensively. I believe that will help a lot, to get him out from the constant 'can't get dots off'. We already do about half of your post. He doesn't totem stomp, because I usually take care of them.

If you can think of anything else, please post it.
    http://www.youtube.com/ThinkingsHard Youtube for WoW PvP, Arenas, BG's, PvE, Starcraft II and possibly more!

l2p....

double dps.. against this setup.. is faceroll .. every single comp!

Have the lock put a port where you are. Priest comes to fear you, lock port and Howl of Terrors, proceed to blow up priests' partner. Make sure your lovely lock partner has devour macros for dispelling you, himself, and either enemy, as well as a silence macro. For druids, I'd try to force a barkskin+trinket, and then get him in a fear, HoJ, and try to assist w/ an exorcism/judgement/HoW.

Managed to play this comp to just under 2.2k a month or so ago. Warrior teams bite. Seriously.

Firstly, how are you losing most of your games?

i.e. are you being CC'd for the kill? Are you losing the mana race? Are you unable to keep up with the healing? etc etc.

Good that your armory links work

Tried running this comp.
    Main problem we faced was warrior/paladin or something with a shaman.

Basically is to not let the warr tunnel the pet. Try to stop him any way you can. the pets take unhealable amount of damage if they just tunnel it and your paladin will oom trying to keep it up also health funneling the pet to keep it up is not perfect as it means your lock is putting no offensive pressure. Shamans i just..... good luck trying to oom them

warr/druid is maybe a soft counter and a bit retarded to play against because you'll have to kill the druid
    you'll never get a warr kill unless the druid is retarded and the war is any good
    so when you have trouble with this team i can understand
    your lock can fakecast the war easily he needs to switch stances or put 1h shield to interrupt tell him to look out for that
    if he gets interrupted he can still cast searing pain for extra dmg! (its a fire based spell)
    play very offensivly use portals offensivly my pally can outheal bladestorm when my pet doesn't get hit as well
    if you have trouble out healing BS rather put on demon armor or bop instead of using portal defensifly
    when the pet is dying don't try to save it with everything you got when they switch unto it just los and get another one asap (hard summon) try not to use fel dom unless you really need it!

Holy/Afflic is really strong at the moment
    you should be able to beat all other comps
    ok war/shammy will probably fucking own you unless you get really really really really lucky or they are just fucking stupid
    but thats it!

bind key for demon armor and fel armor switch, and switch armor if needed
    use fel armor most of the time unless facing dual dps! or in a burst situation you should use fel armor!

vs. shaman team: create a mouseover pet attack makro if you havent
    stomp totems all the time
    if lock is stuck in a e.g.: hex tell him to get in a good position and to use his pet to stomp totems
    (you can controll it in hex) and he can focus on it in hex
    stomp tremor while fearing shaman
    you won't be able to cc his arena mate most of the time because tremor pulses when its put down
    however you should still win due to holy pallies endurance compared to Resto Shamans
    use pet to prevent drinking but pull it away after shaman is back infight because of watershield
    keep pet on the enemy or put it on stay a few yards away from you for dispels and spell lock
    avoid aoe dmg on pet! (stay on a position near you)

also shamans can be gibbed quite easily when tremor is down!

Main problem we faced was warrior/paladin or something with a shaman.

Basically is to not let the warr tunnel the pet.
    we haven't lost to a single war/play team yet

when war tunnels pet rejoyce your lock can free cast without unrelenting fucking overpowered assault
    (so you actually have full spellpower not 50% =OOOO X), i usually get a bubble or gib when they do this
    you should heal the pet but when there is no way to keep it up without loosing a lot of mana
    (taunka proc commes to mind) tell your lock to los and hard summon a new pet asap

always use death coil offensivly unless you'll loose the match otherwise

fear ---> dots ---> fear ---> drain life/searing pain/sb spam ---> counter ---> death coil ---> soul drain

safe death coil if bubble or other magic dmg reducing effekts are still avaidable to your enemys you'll most likely waste death coil to see an immune or absorb, save death coil for your next try, because you'll will most likely get a cd anyway if you can succesfully cast through the rotation once soul drain is up and no interrupt is avaidable pressure is going to be insane!

i prefer drain life to do dps unless i could get interrupted then i try juke or cast searing pain (situational)
    drain life is awesome because if fear pathing leads behind a pillar its still ticking also it procs nightfall which is 4-7k instant
    and can really help to burn down a target

your lock should never stand and tank dmg vs. meeles he'll have least problems with ret ua/fear > ret
    use glyph of exhaustion port away roll dots and free cast run, cast more, run some more
    shadowflame and freedom is almost as strong as a portal when kitting meeles

i know it can be really annoying against wars to keep doing it because their charge/intrecept basically always being avaidable
    try to only port when charge is down / stance switch and intercept is win in this case
    can get a charge with freedom plus shadowflame easily
    try to los warrior a little bit after port MS maybe dropping of to get topped off etc. you can throw instants on heal with full spell power etc. also if he doesn't get you, he maybe switching to your pet enabling you more free casting or a place to hide and hard summon a new pet if its going bad
    if you manage to get both and then port you are amazing and can kite warrior like a rogue for up to 10 secs. while casting

when you face pillar humping heals try to get him to the pilar with your portal they will often make the mistake to hide behind the pillar right next to your portal, port instant fear cast cast cast cast cast his arena mate is out of los and you can burn him down!

its long i know but i hope it helps

also 2v2 is a shit bracket and will be annoying most of the time
    if you want to play arena seriously consider founding a 3v3 team, much more fun!