Boomkin or Spriest

i have both a boomkin and a spriest over 70 and am trying to get some inspiration to finish leveling one of them, i dont want to do both because gearing them both out would be overwhelming.

just looking for your personal best experiences playing each so i can apply my own interests to those experiences and see if i can get some inspiration to finish leveling

thanks

Re: Boomkin or Spriest

Boomkin rotation is frustrating due to RNG and stupidly simple
    Spriest rotation is frustrating/interesting
    Boomkin has cooldowns to use which I think is fun
    Spriest does not have dps cooldowns for burn

Both bring 3% hit
    Boomkin brings 3% haste and 13% spell damage.
    Spriest brings VE and Replenishment

If your dps is lower than it should be on boomkin, it means you had bad luck with RNG. If it's lower than it should be as a spriest it means you haven't done enough math. Choose your poison.

Nothing can shake my believe that this world is the fruit of a dark god whose shadow I extend -- Emil Cioran

pvp forum.

pve response.

weird.

Quote Originally Posted by jifjosh
    Spriest does not have dps cooldowns for burn
    Shadowfiend says hi.

The guys does like 20-40k on a single global in a raid, and even more if you pop it right before bloodlust.

lazerchickens are fun in pve and pvp
    spriest is better in pvp but a lot of boomkins dont know how to pvp well

ya i dont really pve much anymore, i tried it with icc on my holy pally it was o.k. but there is just as much carrying going on in raids as there is in pvp and i think its more frustrating to carry a bad player in raid (scripted fights) then in pvp.

so ya, looking for your experiences either playing or playing against good spriests/boomkins in pvp

i think the above poster is correct in saying that a lot of boomkins dont know how to pvp.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tibbywinkz3
    lazerchickens are fun in pve and pvp
    spriest is better in pvp but a lot of boomkins dont know how to pvp well
    I would say that most of both don't know how to PVP well.

To answer the OP, both are very good if played well so pick what you have more fun with.

Quote Originally Posted by Niea
    Shadowfiend says hi.

The guys does like 20-40k on a single global in a raid, and even more if you pop it right before bloodlust.
    Oh, one that I doubt was engineered for its damage output, versus two that are pure damage (and more I'd wager)

Moonkins are jokes in pvp, it's like a giant 'kill me' signboard.

Spriests are bordering on overpowered this season. Go figure.

I love Shadow Priest. More fun than boomkin, IMO

Way back in tBC, I remember while playing my shadow priest "Damn that Boomkin hits like a truck" "orly, where" "BS" "Safe now" and then made him my bitch the rest of the time. We do have an alliance boomkin on the server that is annoying, but he's one of those coward druids and will spam /lol when it took him and 9 others to kill you.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku
    Way back in tBC, I remember while playing my shadow priest "Damn that Boomkin hits like a truck" "orly, where" "BS" "Safe now" and then made him my bitch the rest of the time. We do have an alliance boomkin on the server that is annoying, but he's one of those coward druids and will spam /lol when it took him and 9 others to kill you.

Shadowpriests are good in this season, but guessing it will fail hard in cata...

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gadix
    If your dps is lower than it should be on boomkin, it means you had bad luck with RNG. If it's lower than it should be as a spriest it means you haven't done enough math. Choose your poison.
    Wow. That gave me a real good IRL laugh. I think that's precisely why I got tired of my moonkin. No matter how good I was at math and figuring out the perfect gear some chucklehead would beat me on meters and think he was special because of crappy RNG. It even was at the point where raid leaders didn't want to invite me to a raid because some days I was awesome and others I appeared terrible. Raiders really don't enjoy relying on RNG, and as such you often times will only find one moonkin in a raid for their buffs, and other more consistent damage dealers filling other slots.

I just got my shadow priest to 64 and having a lot of fun so far.

Neither are truly outstanding specs in pvp. But no worries, you picked good classes. All you gotta do is get the balls to heal and rock out with a Resto Drood or Disc Priest.

Both are good and bad for pvp both have cons and pros all in your opinion on what you want to play, Can't have some one choose for you.
    Nerdrage-15 Minute Cooldown. You enter a berserker rage, increasing typing speed by 75%, chance to hit CAPS LOCK by 50% and decreasing chance to get laid by 100%. You feel no pity or remorse and can not be stopped unless banned.

From a more visual perspective: Moonkin is a lot flashier and fun in that sense. I find it kind of painful to play my shadow priest with the sound on.. BSSSHH BSSHHH BSSHHHH of mindflay grinds my gears.

Deleted

a spriests defensive spells is better than boomkins

depends: do ppl on your realmpool know how to counter the buffed starfall? if no, moonkin is an option.
    if yes, stick with an spriest and play shatterplay/rps