Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Lich King 10 - Defile

You have 3 healers and you have a discipline priest in those 3, What on earth is your disc priest doing before a defile. He can just roll shields on 10 people and bye bye defile. Thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeppo
    You have 3 healers and you have a discipline priest in those 3, What on earth is your disc priest doing before a defile. He can just roll shields on 10 people and bye bye defile. Thats it.
    I think you're getting defile mixed up with infest. Infest is the dot that disc priests essentially negate, defile is the aoe that expands if it does damage to people.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Jeppo
    I think you got it wrong, he's talking about DEFILE (ability in p2 and p3 that creates big black pools) not INFEST.

a shielded person will be able to run out of defile without taking direct dmg
    meaning defile doesn't get bigger
    if EVERYONE has a shield on them, and they fail to spread out
    tick tock tick tock

NO Mages???? >.>

Quote Originally Posted by xham
    NO Mages???? >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Clothiee
    The problem is obvious! You dont have a mage in there ;D
    inb4 SEE GUYS I TOLD YOU! PARAGON DID LK WITHOUT MAGES AND NOW NO ONE WILL TAKE US TO RAIDS!!!!!111!!!one!!!!1!

Also, the setup doesn't really matter, you just have to make sure you spread out.

Defile is only generally complicated when it comes paired with a Val'kyr spawn, on this occasion some pre-planning goes a long way.

Before the pull, you get the whole room to use as a demo guide. Take advantage of this.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

What my guild did was to have ranged and healers spread out on the far side of the platform about 5 seconds before defile, and the melee and OT went towards the throne. Then when defile hit the target moved a little more towards the outside, and the rest all ran back into the center as other posters have suggested LK should be tanked. Just to clarify what someone mentioned earlier, it's the second defile that matches up with the valky'r timer. It sucks, but you have to get through it. I would suggest spreading out as best as you can and have some or all of your dps have CDs ready for that valky'r. Good luck =D.

EDIT: Also remind your casters over and over and over again not to stop casting and to just move their damn ass already.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikatrap
    I think you're getting defile mixed up with infest. Infest is the dot that disc priests essentially negate, defile is the aoe that expands if it does damage to people.
    Disc shields prevent defile from expanding. It only grows if you take damage, therefore shields give sloppy players more time to run. Disc is generally invaluable in this fight.

15+ Year Old Account

Merging this with the existing thread..

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture
    Disc shields prevent defile from expanding. It only grows if you take damage, therefore shields give sloppy players more time to run. Disc is generally invaluable in this fight.
    I agree, Disc priest is super in this fight

Re: Lich King - Defile

That was fixed Pasture.

10+ Year Old Account

1st off like said priest absorb was fixed. It still grows. It seems like most of the people with the problems are in 10 so I'll give you the easiest way we found to do it.

Have one person calling our Valks and Defile. Try and call it out 10 and 5 seconds till. Everyone needs to have DBM and chat bubbles on.

When defile has 5 seconds and Valk is no where near or hasn't just happened everyone spread. As soon as he starts casting and you see it's not you run back to the middle. If it is you run out of the circle and drop it.

When defile is coming a second or 2 after Valks just pay attention. As soon as the Valk picks someone spread out as far as you can. If the chat bubble goes over your head run out further from the Valk. If it's not get back on the Valk.

If defile is coming out right before Valk just be smart. Spread out inside the middle ring. If you see it's you stand on one side of the inner circle. All that aren't stand on the other. That way defile is on the opposite side the Valk will take the person off and all your raid will be there to kill it.

Just pay attention. Getting too far out at any time infest may kill you. Not stacking when a Valk comes you may loose a player and LK is not easy a person down. IF you drop a defile in the wrong place Valks are harder and kiting P3 is harder. Practice. It's like all the other ICC bosses were the 1st week they were out. Once you get them you get them and you can't believe you ever struggled on it.

15+ Year Old Account

As many others have said there isn't really alot to do about it more then learn how to move out of it.

Defile was the single most difficult part of learning this fight for my 10-man.

Basically, as has been said, everyone upon everyone in the group needs to learn the importance of it, spread apart from each other when Defile is about to happen, move away from everyone when you get it and move away from the person that got it if it's not you, then immediately shift back towards the center for Valks.

Had several flawless runs end very quickly by a defile ploping in the middle of everyone and filling the whiole platform 5 seconds later.

Defile is basically the end-all of 'move out of ^*&! fire, dumbass' mechanics.

The second defile/valkyr will spawn almost at the same time so be ready to spread out as soon as the valkyr have gripped someone.