Which cloak would you get??? if you were resto like me

Hi all

I am a resto druid wi9th 3 pieces of t10 atm. Waiting for the t10 gloves to drop in voa and havent given up hope on that yet - so I have decided to use my next frost meblems to get a new cloak (and not the gloves).

But I am not really sure what cloak to get. I have a choice between these 2:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50469
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50468

This is me

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...rhorn&n=jelved

For some reason I am a Tuskarr on armoury (???) But in wow just a normal green haired NE druid

My issues are that I am not all capped in haste yet and my manareg isnt all there yet either. Both stats used to be higher but all this crit tier gear has ruined it :-\

So if you were me, would you go for the cloak with the yellow socket and put a +20 haste gem in there and get some mana from the spirit? That way I only loose a little haste and still get some manareg but not much. Or would you go for the cloak with the blue socket and get the extra mana but not much haste out of it?

If any of you have the time to give some advice on that I would be really grateful.

Re: Which cloak would you get??? if you were resto like me

Get Volde's
    Socket Spell Power

10+ Year Old Account

Restos have a very basic gemming "rule"

If the socket bonus isn't SP, gem full red sp gems
    If your bonus is SP and worth it, aka no 2-3, gem the colors. Red should=sp, Blue=SP/Spi, Yellow=haste unless you are capped.

Stop worrying about stacking SP and get haste capped. You have a lot of gems with bad socket bonuses doing haste and sp, or pure sp. Before you are haste capped those yellows should be pure haste.

By regemming alone you could be close to cap and able to take the 1st cloak and put a SP gem in it.

Haste should always take priority over mp5, and generally speaking mp5 is viewed as inferior to spirit.

In terms of those two choices just basically speaking, I would go for the Volde's Cloak of the Night Sky as it makes more sense statwise. However, just taking a quick look at your armory there's a huge way that you can benefit from haste without altering the gems as much.

Your current spec is 14/0/57, but having a spec like that seems like your wasting points, at least imho.

First off, Tranquil Spirit only benefits one of your spells, assuming your not using Healing Touch (unless glyphed which you aren't) or Tranquility except on very rare occasions. This really isn't a huge mana boost, and it seems like a big waste of points right there.

Instead of those 4 extra points (you need 1 point at least to go to the next tier), try this instead.

The 3% bonus to haste is a huge bonus, as you don't have to worry about over 100 haste now that you would otherwise gem for.

Also uh, I don't think the way you gem is best, but that's just my opinion. I'd gem only a Reckless Ametrine in yellow slot, and as for blue slots I'd use Purified Dreadstones instead of that Eye of Zul you're using in your boots. Just a little suggestion. If you have to reach the haste cap, just stick more Reckless Ametrines in your red slots until you get there (with 3/3 CF it'll be 735 haste).

honestly i'd try to convince your raid leader to take you to kill 10 man blood princes so that you have a shot at this cape. However, if you are truly dead set on replacing your cape and/or you don't see Blood Princes being on your radar any time soon then go with the Volde's cape.

Also, i'd strongly advise against counting on getting a drop out of VoA. I have run that place every week since wrath was released and I have won a main spec item of the current tier once (and that was on an alt character that I rarely even play). Once in over a year of trying, so I think you are much better off grabbing the gloves to finish your T10 set bonus and then coming back for the cape. Your current cape isn't all that terrible TBH.

As far as mana regen goes, you should have more than enough. If you are running out of mana during the fights then you are either misusing your innervate or you are missing mana regen buffs in your raids. In fact you have a little more MP5 on your character sheet than I run with and I have to work at getting my mana pool below 70% at times in 10 man.

The cloaks suck, don't get either. I'm in full 264/277 gear, and I'm still using Flowing Sapphiron Drape. Your mana regen is fine unless you're attempting ICC25 hard Modes (Which you aren't). Use your badges to upgrade your gloves, it's a big upgrade. Yes they can drop in VoA, no you shouldn't rely on them to. If you can, get the crafted 264 boots. Those combined with the gloves should get you right around the soft haste cap. However, you need to spec 3/3 Celestial focus to achieve this. You also want a different weapon (MH) with Haste on it, until you have access to Trauma. I was using Maghari Chieftain staff until I was able to get Dying Light (Trauma refuses to drop for me -.-). MCS has gobs of Spirit and Haste, it's VERY NICE. You'll take a hit on spellpower, but honestly most of your HoT ticks are going to be over healing anyhow.

TL;DR: Don't buy emblem cloaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

If you don't have regen/mana issues, go with this: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=51332
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis
    The cloaks suck, don't get either. I'm in full 264/277 gear, and I'm still using Flowing Sapphiron Drape. Your mana regen is fine unless you're attempting ICC25 hard Modes (Which you aren't). Use your badges to upgrade your gloves, it's a big upgrade. Yes they can drop in VoA, no you shouldn't rely on them to. If you can, get the crafted 264 boots.
    Completely agree with xGLxAnubis on this. The caster EoF cloaks are basically junk for Resto druids, so don't bother. 4T10 is a huge bonus for 25 mans, and well and truly worth more than anything else you could get.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

I'll second what Degrador said. Honestly this is the pre-277 BiS cloak: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50014 and unless your server is just horrible then you could at least pay a guild to bring you in on saurfang for it. (It probably wouldn't cost more than 2-4k gold, and you could technically use those 50 badges to buy and sell saronites to pay for it if you don't have any gold, but I'd recommend you go for the tier set first and earn the gold elsewhere). You should also try to get these: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47277 (the 258 version preferred, but the 245 will do if you don't have access to ToGC25), the heroic version of these gloves are BiS until full 277 gear I believe. He also drops http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47041, which I would go with over the spark of hope since mana shouldn't be a problem and the solice gives both raw SP and mp5. (Again, go w/ the heroic version if you can)

Ty so much all for taking your time and helping me.

Sounds like those t10 gloves wont drop in voa before hell freezes over :'(

I will redo my talents. Moving points from tranquility, I have been thinking about that for a while, since I have had the advice before - I just wasnt really sure where to put them then. Ty for showing me.

And I have now gotten the pvp cape - Didnt occur to me to get that, so I have the extra 60 haste untill otherwise haste-capped by getting the t10 gloves with emblems. And then I will change it to the frost-emblems one if I cant get one of the dropped ones.

About my manareg. I have been a bit puzzled about that as well. I used to have a much higher manareg, so I am used to not keeping an eye on my manapool at all. And I dont really run totally out, but in ICC 10 man I almost do atm. Probably because I normally tank heal and then also has to keep an eye on the raid. So I just slash heals left and right, rejuvenating or regrowing everyone when I can let the tank go a bit. I guess I just have to be a bit more conservative with that

And again ty so much - Really great and helpfull advice as always

I found myself putting off the t10 4pc, allbeit for a warlock but still for the hope of a voa drop.
    I had drops from every tier at some point, some of which were not needed either due to duplication or already having better, but for t10 so far.
    2 weeks I spent with 2/4 and enough emblems to go from 2-4 so I would not hold your breath in voa.
    Rarely if ever will a single upgrade in another slot be enough to better a set bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.