The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Mages and my dots

Has anyone else noticed when dotting up mages, be it with corruption, UA or even immolate, it drops off before it's full duration? Sometimes even with over half it's duration left to tick. Is there some sort of magic reduction talent or dispel mages have that I didn't know about? Anyone wanna explain?

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Mages and my dots

Mage Armor?

Ice Block?

Fire Ward?

Mages CAN remove curses.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

I think I'd notice if it was any of those things I'm not that stupid lol, no iceblocks, absorbs, wards, nothing. I didn't mention curses at all so I don't know how you thought of that, it's magic that they seem to "dispel", or atleast make them drop off before their full duration.

Most likely Mage Armor;

Increases your resistance to all magic by 40 and allows 50% of your mana regeneration to continue while casting. In addition, the duration of all harmful Magic effects used against you is reduced by 50%. Only one type of Armor spell can be active on the Mage at any time. Lasts 30 min.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothean
    Has anyone else noticed when dotting up mages, be it with corruption, UA or even immolate, it drops off before it's full duration? Sometimes even with over half it's duration left to tick. Is there some sort of magic reduction talent or dispel mages have that I didn't know about? Anyone wanna explain?
    Mage Armor reduces the duration of all negative magical effects on the mage by 50%, that is why your DoTs are only lasting half the length they normally do.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

15+ Year Old Account

Well he said he isn't stupid and more importantly he said they drop off before their full duration so I presume he means hes aware of the 50% duration decrease and that for him they dropped of earlier than that.
    Anyhow, no I havent noticed that. You might have some addonmalfucntion, check their debuffs under their portrait instead.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Mage Armor at least from my experience is not commonly used, so it is entirely possible that they were either unaware of it, or at least of that particular effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

15+ Year Old Account

Not commonly used as default no but alot of mages swap to it in lets say a 1v1 situation with a warlock in a bg.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

I use DoT Timers for arena, I am aware of mage armor and it's effect on magic. I think the problem is my current version doesn't register it though, and is displaying my dots as though they will tick for their full length.

That is possible certainly if you do not keep the mage as a target for the duration.
    I am not sure if it is able to detect them falling off when no longer targeted.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.