Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: ICC (WotLK) raid system is killing my guild!

It's a game...seriously. ???

If you're not getting what YOU want out of it, then you quit. It's that simple. There is nothing forcing you to stay...nothing makes you spend your free time in raids that you don't like/enjoy anyway.

Burnout happens...a lot for raiders. Even when the game was "perfect" in the eyes of most hardcore raiders, people still burned out and quit. I did...twice. There is nothing wrong with taking a break. And if taking a "break" turns into quitting forever...so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Traejun
    It's a game...seriously. ???

If you're not getting what YOU want out of it, then you quit. It's that simple. There is nothing forcing you to stay...nothing makes you spend your free time in raids that you don't like/enjoy anyway.

Burnout happens...a lot for raiders. Even when the game was "perfect" in the eyes of most hardcore raiders, people still burned out and quit. I did...twice. There is nothing wrong with taking a break. And if taking a "break" turns into quitting forever...so be it.
    I agree with you to a certain extent... but if you enjoy raiding... your 'enjoyment' depends on the other 9 or 24 players there joining in....

its not as simple as .. "hey raiding is not fun now because 3 core members are burned out.. so i guess ill quit the game till they decide to come back!"

Sure you can join a new guild... but that comes with a whole other set of crap.
    It's just a game.

We just had 2 officers and our GM step down because they burnt themselves out. You just replace them, it's the way it is for raiding guilds, especially right before Summer. Although that's granted we are an 11/12 25HM guild, so replacing people is never really an issue and I can see it being problematic for the more casual raiding guilds.

Regardless, when people leave, and they always do, you just gotta replace them.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Drizel
    We just had 2 officers and our GM step down because they burnt themselves out. You just replace them, it's the way it is for raiding guilds, especially right before Summer. Although that's granted we are an 11/12 25HM guild, so replacing people is never really an issue and I can see it being problematic for the more casual raiding guilds.

Regardless, when people leave, and they always do, you just gotta replace them.
    This is a mature way to see it. Burnout does, in fact, happen. Most frequently for hardcore progression raiders. If someone leaves, you wish them well and do your best to replace that person. Will that cause some issues or perhaps slow progression for a while? Sure it will...but that's the way it goes.

I've been around since bc and I've been somewhat on/off again. Every once in a while I get bored and stop playing for about a month. Then I get back into it and everything is all right again. I can't be the only one who does this.

Btw are you raiding? In case yes, you must have a very forgiving guild for not caring when you are on/off...

Just asking as this thread is about raid/raid system.