Setting up a 10man Raiding Guild.. Will this do?

Iya folks,

Setting up a raiding guild with a few buddies.. we got most things sorted out.. only thing is our raid comp I'm not 100% certain about.

Do you reckon
    http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000

would work well enough for a 10man?

I'm open for suggestions,
    Only spots currently set in stone are Hunter, Ret pally, Resto Druid
    Wowhead/Wowwiki /cheer! -- iz k I no spiek moonfare LOL! -- twitter.com/flashieme

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Setting up a 10man Raiding Guild.. Will this do?

TBH Almost any raid make up will work for 10 mans. But a nice set up is always good.

Obviously: skill > class (unless that class is a shaman). I would worry more about getting 7 other solid players, and perhaps swapping 1 of your 3 melee dpsers for a ranged.

To me it looks like you, and 2 RL friends are trying to get a 10 man raid going and you want to make sure that your ret pally and hunter are buffed as best as possible - which is fine, BUT you are probably better off swapping either one of the melee to a ranged class - even if that drops a buff for your pally and hunter. It will make target switching/movement fights (which icc is full of) alot easier to manage.

I would also suggest that either you, or one of you other 2 healers has a strong dps offspec, because the first 8 bosses in ICC don't even kind of need 3 healers.

As Zul said, everything goes...

This is Wotlk, Blizzard wanted the: "Bring the player not the class" thing.

Was different before, but now you mostly just could run with whatever combo... You don´t even "need" shammys anymore :P.

we've taken into account that the shaman has elemental as offspec =) but ye we'll start recruiting soon for some good peeps ^.^
    Wowhead/Wowwiki /cheer! -- iz k I no spiek moonfare LOL! -- twitter.com/flashieme

10+ Year Old Account

It most certainly would work.
    As said, make sure one of your healers has a DPS off-spec, because you don't always need 3 healers. Another thing you have to make sure of is to have back-up replenishment. In our guild we only had 1 spec bringing it in our raids and he is currently otherwise occupied.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account

You could replace your prot warrior with a feral tank, and remove your feral dps and throw in a mage or something
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

Quote Originally Posted by Zuldain
    TBH Almost any raid make up will work for 10 mans. But a nice set up is always good.
    What he said.

We are:
    Prot Pally
    Prot Warrior
    Warrior DPS (not sure arms or fury)
    2xHunter
    Mage
    Ret Pally
    Resto Sham
    Resto Druid
    Disc Priest

This is probably not ideal, but we are on LK (and only raid about 4 hours a week). We got to LK last night (night 1 of raid) and will work on LK all Saturday

"Peace is a lie"

Pretty much any 10's setup will "work". I think you'll always be weighed one way or the other (caster/melee)

We've been having lots of luck with this comp.

Usually our Resto Shaman will go Elem when needed. We 1 heal Saurfang (10 norm) so the Holy Pally goes Ret as well.

Although, like other said, skill plays a large part in it.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Heres what I call a raid setup.

Tanks : Prot Warrior
    Frost Death Knight

Healers : Holy Priest
    Resto Druid (With Feral DPS offspecc)
    Holy Paladin

Ranged: Affliction Warlock
    Arcane Mage
    Survival Hunter

Melee : Enhancement Shaman
    Retribution Paladin

Your one would be ok but I would swap a melee for a ranged (The feral druid could have a balance off specc maybe)
    Insert Signiture here.

15+ Year Old Account

Bring the people that do not suck. Then all is good.

Aside from that, you should obey a few criterias if possible:
    - At least one of each of the following classes: Shaman, Priest, Druid, Paladin because of their buffs: Fort, Kings, Lust, MotW
    - One class that provides a high uptime of Replenishment (Destro Warlock is not viable, because it is not in their standard talent build and the uptime is not good)
    - Destro Warlock or Warrior for Blood Pact / Commanding Shout
    - Either Paladin + Shaman or 2 Paladins (so besides Kings you still have someone else buffing mana regen)

As a 10 man raid can not bring all the buffs to all dps, you should decide if you want emphasis on physical or caster dps. You already have 2 physical dps in your roster, so i would suggest something like this:
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

Thanks so far for the positive feedback =)

Mate and I are discussing what we'll do with the 'Melee to Ranged'-issue.
    Since we balanced out our group around loot (leather/mail etc.) and weapon types.

Make the priest play holy, resto druid/resto shaman/holy priest is like the best 3 heal raid comp

also since a lot of the fights don't require 3 healers, make sure either the resto druid or healing priest has a balance/shadow off spec for the hit buff, preferably the druid since it can provide 5% crit and 3% hit.

here's the comp id suggest for when you're 2 healing. (groups 5 and 6, 1 and 2 is your original comp)

http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...ohp80000000000

Deleted

This is what our 10m ICC heroic group mostly looks like.

Yesterday we had a prot warrior instead of the frost dk.

One of the resto shammys is actually Enh, but goes resto on most fights. Also our feral tank goes kitty if need be.

And to OP: Almost any raid comp will work for normal mode, as long as there are 2 healers and 2 tanks.

Here is my suggestion for you. Nice balance of ranged and melee, caster and physical. The affliction warlock spot is just where you place a nice guy that is either a mage or a lock of any specc. And the priest should be disc as offspecc.

Raidcomp