Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Ret Paladin/ Lich King fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy
    Not to mention the deminishing returns on stuns. Best to use 3 long AoE stuns while their together and take advantage of the cleave damage available. Piercing howl and holy wrath are usually enough if there is a frost trap down, so no need to use that seal and suffer a dps loss.
    Stun procs don't share DR with stuns.

Click sig for armory!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphe
    Stun procs don't share DR with stuns.
    They do.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    RNG stun with a 5,000 DPS loss..... Yeah.....
    Also you might mess up a stun rotation going through DR faster.

They do.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Diminishing_returns
    They don't, they are in two different categories. Unless I'm mistaken and that's for pvp only.

Click sig for armory!

15+ Year Old Account

They don't, they are in two different categories. Unless I'm mistaken and that's for pvp only.
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.wowwiki.com/Seal_of_Justice
    There are diminishing returns with multiple uses of the stun, with the target becoming immune after the third.
    15sec of Immune after that? or is it 30?

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    15sec of Immune after that? or is it 30?
    Oh, not so sure myself. As far as i know it's over 20 seconds but under 30... So something between 20 and 30 seconds.
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

Yup third stun is third strike for 15 sec of stun immune, same thing if 3 players
    stuns at the same time=the stun wears off right away and immune kicks in.

Back when I tried to use soj on faction champs it and hammer shared dr.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Who doesn't??
    my guild. We only have orc warriors. Not even kidding.
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

I dont claim that this is the best way to do it. It is however the best setup I was able to get working with my comp in 10 man. (9.5~10.2k are the general marks for me here with this.)

P1 -> SoCor

Trans1 -> SoRight (Nothing lives long enough for stacks(2~3 at most), and never more than 1 up for Command)

P2 -> SoComm untill the Spirits are down, switching to SoRight for Valks/rest of the phase because they drop so fast for us. I found that I could burst more dps on them with SoRight than SoComm they are also never close enough to the LK to cleave.

Trans2 -> SoComm Pretty much always 2 Spirits up.

P3 -> SoComm till Spirits are down, switching to SoRight after. (We use the full spread and take the vile hits strat so I have very little dps time in this phase.)

For Referance the comp is.

Prot Warrior
    Prot Pally
    Disc Priest
    Resto Druid
    Resto Shaman
    2x Boomkins (Dont ask)
    Aff Lock
    Combat Rogue
    Ret Pally

15+ Year Old Account

Seal of Command until after valks then swap to corruption is fine, any tank worth a $1 can hold aggro on the adds and you just kill them off faster. Some guilds use the plague to kill the adds some guilds you 1 ghoul next to the shambler and take it further away.

Do what your guild advises.

Quote Originally Posted by Veritis
    I dont claim that this is the best way to do it. It is however the best setup I was able to get working with my comp in 10 man. (9.5~10.2k are the general marks for me here with this.)

P1 -> SoCor

Trans1 -> SoRight (Nothing lives long enough for stacks(2~3 at most), and never more than 1 up for Command)

P2 -> SoComm untill the Spirits are down, switching to SoRight for Valks/rest of the phase because they drop so fast for us. I found that I could burst more dps on them with SoRight than SoComm they are also never close enough to the LK to cleave.

Trans2 -> SoComm Pretty much always 2 Spirits up.

P3 -> SoComm till Spirits are down, switching to SoRight after. (We use the full spread and take the vile hits strat so I have very little dps time in this phase.)

For Referance the comp is.

Prot Warrior
    Prot Pally
    Disc Priest
    Resto Druid
    Resto Shaman
    2x Boomkins (Dont ask)
    Aff Lock
    Combat Rogue
    Ret Pally
    Seal of Command will out damage SoR regardless the amount of adds because SoR can't crit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Requital
    Seal of Command until after valks then swap to corruption is fine, any tank worth a $1 can hold aggro on the adds and you just kill them off faster. Some guilds use the plague to kill the adds some guilds you 1 ghoul next to the shambler and take it further away.

Do what your guild advises.

Seal of Command will out damage SoR regardless the amount of adds because SoR can't crit.
    Its not "what your guild advises" its what I planned out, from going over our parses along with lots of trial and error. Saying Seal of Command will out damage on papper or in theory is one thing, going over 40~ attempts of log parses showing proof is something else. For me, in my group comp. I was able to push a solid 20% burst damage increase on the valks, with Seal of Right, instead of Command.

I've found that the ability to front load the damage into the judgement, out weighs the addition of critical seal hits based on the time the valk's are alive for me.

IE: The valk is killed quicker via the burst so there are fewer chances for the seal to hit, and thus fewer chances for the seal to crit. Over a longer period I could agree that Command would catch up if not surpass SoRight, however that is dependant soley on the lifespan of the valk.

Quote Originally Posted by Requital

I might be wrong, but in 10 man, those spirits will have around 850k health(?). I just checked, in my OS gear my SoV take over time is around 12 seconds, so unless all your dps are pumping out over 12-14k dps single target, use SoV.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream
    I might be wrong, but in 10 man, those spirits will have around 850k health(?). I just checked, in my OS gear my SoV take over time is around 12 seconds, so unless all your dps are pumping out over 12-14k dps single target, use SoV.
    me thinks they're talking about valk for SoC..

Nope: "Trans1 -> SoRight (Nothing lives long enough for stacks(2~3 at most), and never more than 1 up for Command)"
    I am the lucid dream

15+ Year Old Account

Nope: "Trans1 -> SoRight (Nothing lives long enough for stacks(2~3 at most), and never more than 1 up for Command)"
    Command will out DPS Righteousness at the 258+ iLevel of gear, even on single targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Veritis
    Its not "what your guild advises" its what I planned out, from going over our parses along with lots of trial and error. Saying Seal of Command will out damage on papper or in theory is one thing, going over 40~ attempts of log parses showing proof is something else. For me, in my group comp. I was able to push a solid 20% burst damage increase on the valks, with Seal of Right, instead of Command.

I've found that the ability to front load the damage into the judgement, out weighs the addition of critical seal hits based on the time the valk's are alive for me.

IE: The valk is killed quicker via the burst so there are fewer chances for the seal to hit, and thus fewer chances for the seal to crit. Over a longer period I could agree that Command would catch up if not surpass SoRight, however that is dependant soley on the lifespan of the valk.
    Unless you're skipping CS/DS for consecration, exorcism or holy wrath, there's no way that righteousness will outdmg command.

Hell, even if you are skipping CS/DS it's just mathematically not possible. If you are ONLY casting judgement then maybe, just maybe righteousness will pull ahead.
    Too cool for a sig.

Command will out DPS Righteousness at the 258+ iLevel of gear, even on single targets.
    Yes, but what I was trying to say is that SoV will out DPS both after around 13 or so seconds.
    I am the lucid dream

Yes, but what I was trying to say is that SoV will out DPS both after around 13 or so seconds.
    i think its dependent on your gear,

when i rawr myself, SoV > SoC after only about 9.7 seconds

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Todyn
    i think its dependent on your gear,

when i rawr myself, SoV > SoC after only about 9.7 seconds
    depend on your amount of haste and if you have TaJ (if i remember it proc seal and act like a white hit)