Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...

Re: Don't spank the tank

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown
    You Misdirect pull a pack to me. I am a paladin. If I notice that you cast MD before shooting, I'm taking it off and you're on your own. If I notice it after, I am bubbling and you are still on your own. Either way, guess who's tanking that pull. I hope you're as pro as you claim, because that's a ton of kiting you're about to do.
    Actually I think you'll find in this scenario the hunter would be using Feign Death, and your selfish, petulant, self-righteous actions will get 3 other people killed while you're busy sperging out about how it's your god given right to be pulling the mobs in question.
    But by all means carry on with your pseudo-intellectual ramblings about how being a tank means you're a very special boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrawnudo
    I have a Dk tank with 4.2k GS ( just using to see how i compare to some other players)
    I don't loose aggro , unless i have ICC25 geared dps or 2 in my group.
    even then i don't mind, cause the mobs will die fast anyway.

I do how ever mind if dps start telling me to go faster then my CD's.

DPS should also remember that there is now also a crossrealm ignore..if all the tanks use that for pug dps....guess what...your
    queue times will grow longer.
    ^^ this, i like to set the pace so that each pull has a dnd (blood spec) for the aoe crazy types. when dps pull while all runes are on cooldown and my rune reset button is down.... people are going to die. its not my fault that the person which pulled did not understand the class. remember the times of vanilla wow and waiting on sunders? same thing. the problem is that now we are so spoilt into having fast runs where 0 cc is required. not a single sheep, sap, sleep, mc... sad really.

i do agree however that some tanks have a "god complex" - however it's because of people who flame and rush that this is the case.traumatizing an upcoming tank who needs to learn strats, gear up etc... others in the group can either be helpful or add to the problem. unfortunately there's usually one in the group who adds to the problem... they're actually the ones with the "god complex" because they're only thinking about themselves and not the group.

/rant

Threads like this are awesome, makes me realize how many tanks feel as I do.

Now, I have a Blood DK tank, 5.7k GS (useless) and 45k unbuffed in a random with 1 stam trinket, even though I rarely lose aggro (even on packs) as blood, if someone ninjapulls I get annoyed (not if it's a hunter/rogue and he tells me that he pulls with MD/TotT on me) Yesterday I actually had a DPS telling me I was a nooby DK for telling him to shape up his DPS, which was below 1k with 4k GS and he actually told me that his gear wasn't allowing him to do more dps. (I've seen rogues getting boosted in totc25 with a GS of 3k doing 4k)
    Anyways, back to the DPS who couldn't pull more than 1k, he said "obviously this isn't my main, thus you should shut up" in my direction, which made me ask him what his main's name and class was. It was a DK, Ulduar geared. And I'm standing there in icc25-gear having a POOR dps telling me I'm a noob.

I besically whispered the rest of the group that I was going to wait until I could kick him, which I did.
    The run went smoothly from there, even though I was 2nd highest in DPS.

God, I hate it when DPS who can't even DPS properly tell me what to do. *nerdrage*
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Girls who play Warriors?! What the hell? My world was just turned upside down. Did they remove the Paladin from the game?

/salute.

id love to see more dps and healers read this..

i mean, i get INSANLY yelled at last night for having under 5k gs for a hc on my alt. BEFORE we had even pulled anything..

i told them to reroll a tank themself if its such a fuss ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Nice read, I personally don have any problems with ninja pullers or gogogoers. I generally don't give them time to do either!
    But for newer tanks I can understand the headaches caused.
    I do think it's kinda funny that the dps who post here say thngs like "psh whatevs I'll pull what I want cause it'll be AoEd down supafast anyway" but then the same people are the ones who bitch and moan when the tank can't hold aggro! It's just a little humorous, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by mhp
    Can I give you +1k internetz, Chokaa?

I play a tank but lately have been queuing as dps, not because I hate tanking, but because I'm screwing around with Frost DPS and having a blast because of its reactionary playstyle with procs, etc. So, I have been on both sides of this coin. But, here's my take.

Does waiting for a "slow" tank suck? Yes, but why are you waiting? If I am waiting because the dk wants death and decay up, or the pally consecrate, or whatever, that's fine. I can handle that. If I am waiting because the tank is running the healer lom nearly every pull, that gets annoying, but it depends why (if I am pulling threat for instance which can happen with a frost build since I don't have subversion). If I'm waiting because my retarded ass is pulling threat and draining healer mana because it's a lower geared warrior tank and he can't out threat my KM+Rimes on a random pull I get them like mad, ok. If I am waiting because it's a pally who for whatever reason can't hold aoe threat, then I'll either vote to kick or leave. This will be after I ask the tank (regardless of class) if they need any tips, etc. If it's bad enough I'll just tank (Did this in HoL).

If the tank is good, and the dps are still whining it isn't fast enough, I'll pull up recount. In most pugs, if not all, I'm out dpsing everyone else that I run with for whatever reason. With a slightly over 5K gearscore (in both specs actually because trinket drops hate me) I can pull over 5100 dps in a 5 man (with kings because for some reason pally healers won't might me). In full tank gear, in blood spec tanking I can clear FoS heroic in 10 mins, so there is no excuse as to why any run has to be really slow if your tank is geared enough. The only CD they have to wait for is death and decay. That's it, and usually that's timed enough that it's up while rtunning between pulls.

In conclusion, if you are waiting for aoe cds for the tank, shut up. If not, try and help the tank. If those fail, and you are a class that can tank, then tank it so you know the tank won't suck. If you refuse to do these, quit whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor
    Yes they do, they deserve that you acknowledge that THEY pull and THEY decide the tactics and speed - aside from that you are right.
    And the healer HEALS tanks. If they fail, tank dies and it is a wipe. Healers to a certain extent also decide speed. If you have a over zealous tank and the healer can't pick up the slack it is a wipe. Again you're reward is the short queue time. If you feel justified in getting more things, go run heroics by yourself and see how far you can go without said healer and if you succeed you get to collect everything in that instance. Healers have just as a important role as tanks. I hate to admit this as I mainly play dps, but we're just there to speed things along, nothing else. Tanks can gear up faster than any other class in the game due to those short queues. While tanks could easily run 4-5 instances a hour, dps can only run 2-3 instances thus allowing tanks to get more emblems of triumph faster than anyone else and have more shots at drops. How is this not a reward enough for you? I wish while I was gearing up through heroics that I could have the chance to possibly to gear up that fast. Tanks have more than enough "rewards" for being a tank.