Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Holy: 264 libram decent?

Im still using the ilvl 200 Libram of Renewal and im wondering if, with the crazy amount of int we get these days, the ilvl 264 libram would actually be worth getting. I tend to use holy shock a lot, as it crits a heap and more HS crits = more HL crits...

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ck&cn=Aliandei

my armory...

go wild, please only constructive posts... any trolls will be reported as such

The Moonkin Repository
    Moonkin forums for beginners and experienced players alike
    Moonkin TTT Thread with Wrathcalcs
    Check it out, good stuff in there

Re: Holy: 264 libram decent?

9s window between casting HS the first time and having to cast it again to keep the stacks up, all stacks of any variety have a chance to fall off i dont see why this one is any different...

holy shock costs 790 mana, Holy light with my current libram costs 1161 mana... holy shock when it crits (which is close to 75% of the time) hits for just as much as a non-crit holy light, and crits more often...

just to clarify, im looking for someone that actually has the numbers to say which libram is better... if there's somewhere else i can go to check that out point me in that direction...

The Moonkin Repository

Well, I'm not a numbers guy. But most of Holy Pally's heals go into Overheal.. So no point for the extra SP.

Also, if you go look up many of the top guilds you will see all their holy pallys using The iLvl 200 Libram.. And top end guilds only go for the best.

|Pm Requests: Closed | Current Que: 0 | My Work | My Holy Pally UI|

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Aluana
    9s window between casting HS the first time and having to cast it again to keep the stacks up, all stacks of any variety have a chance to fall off i dont see why this one is any different...

holy shock costs 790 mana, Holy light with my current libram costs 1161 mana... holy shock when it crits (which is close to 75% of the time) hits for just as much as a non-crit holy light, and crits more often...

just to clarify, im looking for someone that actually has the numbers to say which libram is better... if there's somewhere else i can go to check that out point me in that direction...
    Hollow_Sorrow actually summed it up quite well.

The only alternative to using the i200 Holy libram would be the i245 one since that one is at least based on a spell you cast frequently- However most of the time, SP just translate into Overhealing.

Now, if it was something like "Your Holy Shock heals grant 55mp for 15 seconds. Stacks up to 3 times.", it would at least be decent.

No.

The ilvl 264 libram is the worst libram you could get. Even if you really never ever have mana problems, the ilvl 245 libram would be better. (But than you probably should run harder content, or your raid should use less healers.)

Casting HS even only once every 15 sec is suboptimal on most fights.

cheers

The Moonkin Repository

Furthermore, this libram alone, saves you 20700 mana if you cast HL every 2 seconds (complety reasonable). Which is equivalent to 2 DP's. That's no where near as useful as 234 SP, even if you dont run oom, renewal is saving you from casting DP's which jeopardize your tank.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Darkspear&n=Ronnin

No.
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

The problem with HS is GCD, even if its only 1 sec with alot of haste, it still means that u have to wait 1sec before u can cast HL again. so basicly that means HS is using 1 sec of your castingtime, even if the castime is "after the heal landed"
    And since a HL pally just wanna keep a steady flow of HL, its ofc not good to interupt it with HS, therefore the best libram is the ilvl200 one, since it saves u alot of mana.

This is also the reason why the T10 4 set bonus isnt that great. i guess both the 4 set and the 264 libram could be usefull in some 10 mans, in some fights, but its very situational imo.

And just to clarify the 264 libram isn't even especially good for PvP. The stack might fall off in which case you have to start over, and Holy Shock is so prone to bugging out as soon as someone uses CC of any kind on you when you cast it (bugging out = going on cooldown and costing mana but not healing) that you are better off not using HS at all if you can use FoL instead, so PvP librams beats HS-libram.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    you dont cast holyshock often to actually benefit from this libram fast enough.
    Start applying the stacks precombat... ?

Well, you all are forgetting he was using the iLvL 200. which is a very low Gearscore

Everyone knows, if it is 264, it is good, because it has a much higher Gearscore

Quote Originally Posted by Baranfac
    Start applying the stacks precombat... ?
    Even if you fully stack the libram before combat, that still means you have to cast HS at least once every 15 seconds to maintain the stack. As HS is our least efficient spell, you're always better off casting other spells, unless you absolutely need an instant cast (typically while moving).

Besides, I'd still rather have mana cost reduction than extra spell power. If I *were* going to go with a SP libram, I'd just grab a PvP libram and put all that SP into Flash of Light, the spell that unquestionably needs it the most.

@Tenais: I want to cry at your post, but only because I've seen people make this argument in a non-sarcastic way.

Edit: I iz good speller

Quote Originally Posted by Tenais
    Well, you all are forgetting he was using the iLvL 200. which is a very low Gearscore

Everyone knows, if it is 264, it is good, because it has a much higher Gearscore
    /facepalm

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tenais

Well, he has a point. People are looking at the Ilvl more than what the item actually do.
    Vol'jin fanboy

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam
    Well, he has a point. People are looking at the Ilvl more than what the item actually do.
    stop playing with baddy

Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam
    rofl yea wear 264 libram before pugging to meet GS requirement and take it of fduring the raid

pro idea

15+ Year Old Account

u dont use hs, cuz it costs 1 gcd /...

u use fl when u need fast heals and ONLY hs when u NEED to move and some1 is RLY down ...

so no its not good .. u could only use to pimp ur e-peen score (gs)

Atleast this is what i do
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    stop playing with baddy
    Honestly she sounds like someone coming from a realm like the one I play on. Where its mandatory to have 4.8 gs to raid naxx in pugs. Guilds help a little, but even then, its not always enough. And with the stupidly high gs requirements its just annoying.

I have every wotlk libram, and the only one's I use are renewal for every hardmode25 fight and virtually every normal mode too, but sometimes I swap to veracity for normal modes, as well as dreamwalker.