Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do locks ever use soulfire in any pvp situation??

Question says it all xD

Re: Do locks ever use soulfire in any pvp situation??

The only situation that comes to mind is a cyclone, maybe a sheep or repentance.
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

and roughly how much damage does it do in both affliction spec and destruction spec??

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Bojangles
    The only situation that comes to mind is a cyclone, maybe a sheep or repentance.
    Why would they use soulfire then?

Well, if a demo locks hits someone below 35%, the soulfire is faster than the shadowbolt, if you are able to cast anything.
    You cannot bandage a bleeding target...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    This gets my vote for thread of the month.
    If WoW was "just" a game, you wouldn't be in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Taun
    Why would they use soulfire then?
    They cast so it hits as the CC falls off/Too remove the CC.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

They could use it in arena with a pro demo lock to finish people off

damage??

Quote Originally Posted by Angeal
    They cast so it hits at the CC falls off/Too remove the CC.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=47825

I'm sorry but that's among the most stupid comments i've seen. Both sheep and repentence break from any damage. Therefore a quick spell would be more viable and cyclone makes the target immune.

Why you would like to remove CC from your opponent i'll never know.

Why i asked is because i can't see any reason to use soulfire when you or your enemy is cced. There's alot of better spells to lign up for that.

Unless your demo a target is under 35% and you got molten core.

Yeah, it's only useful if you're a Demo lock with all the applicable talents, and your target is <35% HP. Otherwise, it's pretty useless.

As for damage it does, given that very specific situation? I wouldn't be completely sure, but in a raid with Meta popped, I can crit for around 25k with it. Let's compare this to Incinerate, which may see as high as around 19k. Long story short, it hits a little harder (~20-25%?) than Incinerate.

I'm sorry but that's among the most stupid comments i've seen. Both sheep and repentence break from any damage. Therefore a quick spell would be more viable and cyclone makes the target immune.

Why i asked is because i can't see any reason to use soulfire when you or your enemy is cced. There's alot of better spells to lign up for that.

... maybe you should read what he typed again. For cyclone you would cast it so it lands right after it ends, and he knows sheep/repentance break on damage. lets say your target dies and your switching to the next one in bgs arena what ever. Do you want to hit him with a weak spell then let him come after you or unload your biggest nuke before hes set free.

Soulfire is not that much damage. It's not like the godly days of OMGWTF PYROBLAST ONE SHIT. If someone is Cycloned you can just wait and land a chaosbolt or fear etc...
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Yeah, affliction is only like 5 times better and 10 times less cheesy.

apart from that. if you do soulfire, then you have all the cds free to still do the above. soulfire at the beginning is basically free damage that doesn't block up a cooldown.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

As for hitting a cc'd target as an attempted finisher, then it is pretty pointless hitting someone who is sheeped since they will be on or near full health.
    It will hit fairly hard, but only realistic if necessary as a finisher.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Why? Do it to someone sheeped/feared and THEn do your normal cooldown rotation. It's free damage.

/\ this... /\

You soulfire a cc'd target because...

1) You are going to break the cc one way or another.
    2) Breaking the cc with 1000 dmg >>> breaking the cc with 500 dmg.
    3) Saves other spells/cds for after soulfire.
    4) Long cast time makes soulfire difficult to cast unless your target is cc'd.
    5) Pvp is about BURST, not steady dps.

And we're talking about reliable cc here (sheep, sap, rep, seduce, ect), not a FEARed target already taking dmg.

You asked what situations could it be used in, I was only giving examples. So not the most stupid comments you have seen.... Try too understand first

(This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

There is never a spell you /never/ use in /any/ PVP situation.

But soul fire? That would be.. a very rare situation.

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    Yeah, affliction is only like 5 times better and 10 times less cheesy.

apart from that. if you do soulfire, then you have all the cds free to still do the above. soulfire at the beginning is basically free damage that doesn't block up a cooldown.
    Correction, Affliction is far more cheesy and is a lot better until very high brackets of arena. DoT, DoT, DoT, Fear, Teleport, LoS, repeat, win. Panic = Death Coil.

Destro is far less cheesy because you have to have LoS, have to stand out there to deal your damage. Affliction may be reliable and steady damage but it's a very cowardly way to play, for me anyway.

I could have a lot better arena ratings if I played that spec, but what fun is that? I like to blow things up or die trying! =D

Soul Fire is really only for a decent damage up front to break a CC target that you're now going to focus, as has been said here.

affliction is harder to play, at least most locks I know seem to think so.