Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

When does Priest levelling become more fluid?

Well, I'm currently spamming dungeons and quietly questing my priest which is now 34. I was just wondering when it becomes fluid and a complete joy to play. (All classes have this boundary)
    PC: 3770k @ 4.6 / Noctua D14 / 16GB 1600mhz C8 Mushkin / Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H / MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr III / 2x Dell U2311H / Lian Li A71FB / Mushkin Chronos 120GB - Seagate 2TB Green - WD Caviar Black 500GB / RAID0: Samsung F3 103SJ 1TB (x2) / Samsung SH123L Blu Ray
    Audio: Ultrasone PRO 2900s / Audio-GD NFB-3.1 / Neco Soundlabs Mosfett Amp

Re: When does Priest levelling become more fluid?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

Quote Originally Posted by Shæa
    This. 1-39 priests are the most terrible thing in the world (IE, HOLY is better to level than shadow..), but 40 gives you shadowform and makes things pretty.

Im leveling my 3rd priest (34 atm). i do well as shadow. i open with holy fire>mind blast>mind flay x2 and target dies, if not i want the rest which id often less than 100hp

2nd priest was leveled as holy til 40 w/ holy fire glyph (the one that helps smite damage when the holy fire debuff is active) and that went well too

I avergae 120dps doing this, mobs die in about 8s

If you really want to try something a bit "different", you could try this spec http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...EQ4To,Qa,11723

First take the 3 points on spirit tap, then the disc talents and 3/3 Mental Agility. Once you have those, holy nova spam becomes affordable. I was leveling my prot warrior and my guildie jumped along with a priest but he didn't want to be stuck on healing so we made him this spec. Most of the time he ended up being clearly first on the damage as a healer and got a few "stop dealing damage u noob" comments from frustrated dps who couldn't compete. With a few changes it becomes a pretty strong battleground spec on low levels where you just jump along in the biggest group, spamming nova and tipping the scales.

Minus side is that you will have to drink more often than as a healer you would. Its still worth it in my opinion =)

15+ Year Old Account

If it helps, once you get to outland you become the most amazingly overpowered class in the zone.

15+ Year Old Account

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR just level as discipline, and it's vastly easier before 40.

You would get Meditation (vast regen) from 20-22.

Improved PW:S from 23-24 (10% extra bubble).

Mental Agility from 25-27 (reduces cast cost on bubble, dot, DP, renew by 10%). Then finish Imp. PW:S and get Inner Focus.

Soul Warding at 30 (15% more off bubble). Then 4/5 Mental Agility (12% added int).

Enlightenment from 35-37. 6% spirit and 6% haste (if by now you've managed to get anything with haste on it from grab bags).

All of that before 40, and all of that making leveling vastly easier. Not to mention your 5% extra to all instant cast damage and healing, glyph for bubble, and added stam from fort.

Shadowform. Peh.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR just level as discipline, and it's vastly easier before 40.

You would get Meditation (vast regen) from 20-22.

Improved PW:S from 23-24 (10% extra bubble).

Mental Agility from 25-27 (reduces cast cost on bubble, dot, DP, renew by 10%). Then finish Imp. PW:S and get Inner Focus.

Soul Warding at 30 (15% more off bubble). Then 4/5 Mental Agility (12% added int).

Enlightenment from 35-37. 6% spirit and 6% haste (if by now you've managed to get anything with haste on it from grab bags).

All of that before 40, and all of that making leveling vastly easier. Not to mention your 5% extra to all instant cast damage and healing, glyph for bubble, and added stam from fort.

Shadowform. Peh.
    I think i'll try that, looks like good fun 8)
    PC: 3770k @ 4.6 / Noctua D14 / 16GB 1600mhz C8 Mushkin / Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H / MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr III / 2x Dell U2311H / Lian Li A71FB / Mushkin Chronos 120GB - Seagate 2TB Green - WD Caviar Black 500GB / RAID0: Samsung F3 103SJ 1TB (x2) / Samsung SH123L Blu Ray

40, even more so at around 44-46 I think. It's a BLAST after you get some of the shadow spells at that level. Like, I hardly ever played my priest before then, but once I got to around the Feralas level, god... It was so fun.

When does it become more fluid? When you're level 12 and have 3/3 Spirit Tap, so you have zero downtime. Its ease increases further at level 20, with either Mind Flay or Glyph of Smite, and again 36 when you pick up Surge of Light or 40 when you pick up Shadowform.

I'm not sure how fluid you want the class to be, but apart from giving you the .kill command, there isn't really much I could see that could be given to Priests to make them "better".
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    I'm not sure how fluid you want the class to be, but apart from giving you the .kill command, there isn't really much I could see that could be given to Priests to make them "better".
    Yeah, roll a hunter if you want http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=34026. Unfortunately you don't get it until lvl 66.

In other news, I thought the 60s were huuuuuuuuuuuuge for my priest. PoM and Sfiend are such great spells.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Well, i'm playing as holy in dungeons and I oom like crazy. Was just wondering when I oom less and can rage less at tanks and dps that don't understand MB :P

It never really gets better...anyone who says it does at 40 is lying, too because shadowform really does not help all THAT much. I`ve leveled a lot of characters and I`ll tell you I hated priest the most. So much in fact that I leveled holy/disc from 70 to 80, using mostly dungeons.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by La
    It never really gets better...anyone who says it does at 40 is lying, too because shadowform really does not help all THAT much. I`ve leveled a lot of characters and I`ll tell you I hated priest the most. So much in fact that I leveled holy/disc from 70 to 80, using mostly dungeons.
    This.

Hate to be a party pooper, but priest leveling = painful all the way. The only other class that I've leveled that was painful was the early levels of paladin.. yay for autoattacking. But at least that class eventually sees the light (lolpun) and becomes easier. Priest just... sucks all the way.

Fluid is an odd term to use. I'd say when you hit Outland. You get Dispersion at 60 and SP gear becomes extremely common (it's on almost everything). From then on you have 0 mana problems and can easily lay waste to mobs on a whim. I'd say that's the best bet for 'fluid'. Leveling any caster at 58+ is easy as hell.

Priest leveling was fun for me. I was doing RAF with my brother, though and he was a tank. First of all DISC is so much better while leveling AND at all times infinitely more fun than Holy, so be Disc. I can see questing solo being a drag, but if you just do randoms then levelling should be a breeze. And yes, after 40 questing is easier too if you have a shadow spec.
    Anal jokes will never get old.

Somewhere after 40 , but before level 60... and after that its just a breeze, more or less an instant killing machine.
    "Well you know what they say...if at first you don't succeed, rez the guy who died trying."

I'm curious too. Have a level 32 priest as my next project, and all I've bin doing since lvl 1 is SW:P + wand untill I got Devouring plague, which altered my rotation to SW:P, DP and wand.

Oh the joy :P

Well, from my own experience it was horrible until I hit 60 and got Dispersion + items with sockets (Went all out on +16 SPI) and had absolutely no downtime whatsoever.
    Got a bit more bumpy in Northrend, but nothing more than 5-10 secs downtime.