Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: When does Priest levelling become more fluid?

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    Actually, that build has more regen than a normal healing build. The only reason you would drink more is that you are casting more.
    Thats correct. Ofcourse if you don't want to drink so much you could cast nova less frequently. Keeping up PW:S on tank is priority with the build ofcourse. But idea was to make runs go a lot faster. I admit its an "recount e-peen" build. But its fun that way.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...pUd,wdfR,11723

Is when Priests leveling catches up to others.
    Im currently leveling a warrior as arms, with BoA it has been 1 of the fastest leveling classes ive played so far.. untill level 45ish when misses and parries hurt.

Anyway, up until 50ish the best priest leveling spec is Holyfire/Smite
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...YW6,UdfR,11723

Quote Originally Posted by Strykie
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...pUd,wdfR,11723

Is when Priests leveling catches up to others.
    Im currently leveling a warrior as arms, with BoA it has been 1 of the fastest leveling classes ive played so far.. untill level 45ish when misses and parries hurt.

Anyway, up until 50ish the best priest leveling spec is Holyfire/Smite
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...YW6,UdfR,11723
    This.
    I'm currently leveling a priest and considering how god awful MF is without pushback protection and how retardedly slow PuGs are, I stuck to Holy questing and BGs. With full heirlooms (ring, 2 Eyes of the Beast, Headmaster's Charge, Dreadmist Robes and Shoulders) there's no downtime unless the mobs are 3-4 levels higher and resist a lot. Get a Glyph of Smite and smite away. Mobs die in 3 to 4 casts. Players too. While it's really dull, it's efficient and you can also pump out some big heals in BGs.

My current spec http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#bZfxt0bbqbZh:u

I posted this on the solo leveling string, but it sums up my thoughts fairly well.

I've been a frequent contributor to this guide as I continue to level my priest (no BOA gear). I'm at 52 now and figured I would update my thoughts. First, much to my chagrin, I gave up my smite build for a shadow build at 50. There is absolutely no question that Shadow is faster at 50. While I had virtually no downtime using a Smite build, that still required me to be relatively careful. I feel like a Warlock with Shadow. The more damage I do, the more healing I receive. Plus, VT plus MB plus Spirit Tap means unlimited mana. After healing an instance as Disc, I switched from my Disc build to Shadow to continue questing in Searing Gorge. I started wth 700 mana and was at a full 4k or so after about 6 kills. I honestly don't think I can run out unless I fight 6 or 7 equal or slightly lower level mobs at one time and even then, I really don't slow down. Thus, the conclusion is Shadow, without question for questing at 50 (about 150 spell power or so).

As for healing, I made the switch from Holy to Disc around 48 and have not looked back. With the exception of a few bad pulls in Sunken Temple (fear into group), I have not had to drink once as Disc and my tanks and DPS are never in danger. I imagine at 60 it becomes even more op with the introduction of Penance.

Questing v. Dungeons. Overall, dungeons are far more fun, which allows me to play longer (though, I'm in a BRD rut right now). I think questing in a very good, small quest area is always going to be faster, but there are not that many of those. If you have to spend anytime traveling or waiting for respawns, instances are faster, but you should always stop and quest in certain areas like the pirates cove in Tanaris, Searing Gorge (non Slag Pit quests), Stormgarde, Un'Goro, Mudsprocket, Shimmering Flats, Hinterlands (Horde Only as Alliance quests are not as plentiful or rewarding).

Overall, I'm enjoying leveling the priest. The Dungeon Finder as a healer has made leveling fun again and allows me to avoid solo questing in the more boring areas. Next report will be from Outlands with my thoughts on Shadow for questing and Disc for healing in the more difficult (i.e. involve some strategy) instances. I suspect with all of the spell power gear, things will only get easier in Outlands.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    You couldn't be more wrong. Either cast HF or MB not both. They are supported by completely different schools of magic. Glyph of SWP means that SWP gives you more mana than it will ever take away from you (especially if aoe grinding which you should be doing with Holy Nova, Devouring Plauge, SWP on everything while your bubble is up).

The beauty of shadow has always been those dots combined with shield and self healing that let you run through a camp dot everything up and come out with a dead camp of mobs, 100% health and 75% mana (and that was without heirlooms and before glyph of SWP).
    Actually, if you don't go around AOE crazy and dotting up everything you can find, for a single mob doing what he suggested actually works out very well indeed before level 40 when you get shadow form. The Dots don't tend to stay on more than half their duration at the most and are generally a waste of mana. Using direct spells in the order of HF -> MB -> Mind Flay (usually 2 is sufficient) til dead works very well before shadow form.