Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Deathbringer's Will for Retri pally over Dk.

Wow, why are there so many people willing to agree with the OP given how little information we were given?

For all we know said DK won a Bryntoll, Blood Soaked Saronite Stompers, and Polar Bear Claw Bracers already that night. He could be absolutely terrible and they're planning to kick him. He could be brand spanking new. He could have won the WFS over the Paladin recently. They could just hate him for the fact that he doesn't seem to know how type (no, this isn't a case of non native speaker, only lazy people use r for are).

One thing we do know is that losing this trinket, which was an upgrade to the person he lost it to, affected him so deeply he decided he needed to make an account on MMO-Champ just to post about it. Of course he posted in the DK forums because, lets be frank, you've basically got to share the same class to read this whine and not immediately think "suck it up princess".

The problem has a simple solution that you didn't need anyone's help in figuring it out. If the loot council is frequently making decisions you feel are questionable, try to figure out why. If you can't come to an understanding, then you find another guild. The only real information I can trust in your post is the fact that this trinket was an upgrade to the paladin. Since it was an upgrade there are many situations where it is perfectly acceptable for a loot council to loot it to him.

The point: Crying about loot on a forum that has nothing to do with your guild is not productive. We should not be handing out sympathy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

@OP Even with your explanation, we can't possibly have all the factors your guild loot council had in deciding to assign the trinket. What I can assume, is that you felt it was a bad call and are looking for support in that belief. Tough call.

Though all loot distribution systems are imperfect, the flaw of loot council is human judgment. If you cannot accept the decision your guild leaders made, then leaving for a different guild and loot system is a good option. If you can accept their call, even if you don't fully agree with it, then stay. Try to earn your desired pieces by being a valued guildie, and preforming your role in the highest caliber.

If you decide to stay with your guild, I recommend this read 10 Things To Make Your Raid Leader Love You!, alternately you may enjoy How To Get Accepted Into Any Guild. Good Luck.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pawelek
    Im ret myself and i need to say that priority on this trinket is how much phisical dmg DPS is putting.

It like (about):
    - Feral,warrior - 100%
    - Combat rogue, MM Hunter, Blood DK - 75%
    - Frost,Unholy DK, Ass rogue- 50%
    - Rets, Ench shamans - 40%
    Wrong. ArP scales just as good as STR in higher gear levels, and with GoD you will have ~75% physical damage as Frost aswell, or almost.
    So Frost should be moved up the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Urass
    Only reason that it's BiS for Unholy DK's are the proc.

The classes / Specs that should have priority on this trinket is

Warrior
    Druid
    Hunter
    Blood DK
    Rogue
    Frost DK
    Unholy DK

that's the order i see people getting it, since it's best for those classes, due they use to arp more than the other classes / specs do
    Wrong. The ArP is just as valuable as the proc. Might want to look at stat weights for DKs before making asinine claims.

freaking loot council....I feel your pain bro

Quote Originally Posted by Urass
    Only reason that it's BiS for Unholy DK's are the proc.

The classes / Specs that should have priority on this trinket is
    Druid
    Druid
    Druid
    Druid
    Druid
    Druid

that's the order i see people getting it, since it's best for those classes, due they use to arp more than the other classes / specs do
    fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    It's not a matter of loot council being unfair, or the pally being unfair. It's a matter of both being stupid. <.>
    This. Change guild because
    1) they hate you
    2) they're retarded
    3) maybe both

Quote Originally Posted by Pawelek
    Im ret myself and i need to say that priority on this trinket is how much phisical dmg DPS is putting.

It like (about):
    - Feral,warrior - 100%
    - Combat rogue, MM Hunter, Blood DK - 75%
    - Frost,Unholy DK, Ass rogue- 50%
    - Rets, Ench shamans - 40%

Proc is really strong, but with DV, TaiJ from Putricide, WFskull there are many better choices for ret. Even badge haste trinket is about to equal to DBW for rets.

One of examples why Loot council works mainly in hardcore guilds with perfect knowedgle of class mechanics coming from council members.
    Enh shaman deal more than 40% physical damage. The only reason why we don't want the trinket is cause in BiS gear or close to it. We're above the crit cap. Also I'm going to have to go with some of the other posters, the entire stroy wasn't being told.

It should be priority for combat rogues=mm hunter=blood dk=feral kitty= Dps warrior as arp is the best stat until hard cap for all those specs by far.

After that it tends to be a decent stat for all but mut rogues.

1st of all, the pally shouldn't even be rolling on DBW, mainly because ArP is WAY better for DK's than it is for pallies.

2nd of all, if he already won it once, why would he give it to the hunter? It's quite obvious he really wanted the trinket, because he rolled on it a 2nd time.

And finally, the raid should not have given him the trinket because he had already won it once, and everybody else got screwed over. DBW should have gone to the highest roller BESIDES the pally, somebody else should have gotten the trinket.

I've only seen this drop twice, and yes, I'm a blood dps DK, so of course, it's something I'm rally trying for. I've lost the roll once, to a frost dw dk, and lost the roll again to a mm hunter. Both rolls, i was the 2nd highest roller.

But I swear, if that roll against the DK would have ended like a normal roll does, (this roll went on for like 2 minutes AT LEAST), then I would be using DBW right now, the frost dw DK rolled at the very last second, which seriously ticked me off for like 2 seconds, but w/e.

Anyways, i know where you're coming from. It sucks losing this trinket to a class/spec that doesn't need it really need it. (talking about the frost dw dk here people, don't qq)...

But anyways, a DK should always get this over pallies, actually, my entire server must think the same thing too, cause I have yet to see a pally with this trinket from my server. I don't know, maybe just none have won it yet, but seems like just hunters, DK's and warriors winning this trinket, which I must say i like.

Silly pallies, ArP is for DK's!!!

(trix referance, don't qq)...
    I'd tell you to get at me, but you smell like shit, so keep your distance, please.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't blame OP for being pissed about losing Deathbringer's Will to a ret. If I lost a roll for DBW I will fucking nerd rage. The ret is a retard for wanting DBW and the officers are retarded for rewarding the trinket to said ret.

To add, I will never join a guild that uses loot council, never again. My last guild used it, and after loosing upgrade after upgrade over dumb ass things like seniority, attendance, and guild contribution. What class and spec that can use a piece of loot use came dead last when they considered who gets a drop. It's a good idea on paper, then again, so was communism.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfiregum1
    Your guild obviously hates you, and thats why they looted it to the paladin. You should leave.

Quote Originally Posted by I stand in fire

To add, I will never join a guild that uses loot council, never again. My last guild used it, and after loosing upgrade after upgrade over dumb ass things like seniority, attendance, and guild contribution. What class and spec that can use a piece of loot use came dead last when they considered who gets a drop. It's a good idea on paper, then again, so was communism.
    Yeah seriously, who wants to award loot based on silly things like who shows up the most, who's been there the longest, and who does the most for the guild.

::eye roll::

Of course people in forums want loot awarded based on notions of who an item is better for -- it allows them to get loot over people who have been there longer and waited their turn.

Then that person or persons can nerd-rage quit later after they got their item, go join another guild and milk the "who is the item best for" system again and again while the raiders who bring stability to a raid get shafted.

Consider this -- how little are you trusted and how poorly are you thought of that a loot council would give someone else loot that is better for you?

Quote Originally Posted by I stand in fire
    So which loot system would you prefer?

DKP? That awards points for attendance and guild contribution and rewards seniority.

SK? That rewards attendance (you only move up the list if you are there), not so much on the guild contribution or seniority, though. And who can best use an item is still dead last.

Random? Doesn't reward a damn thing, but who can best use the item is still dead last.

Tell me, what system would you want?

the problem is that this pally, if he has half a brain, will replace deathbringer's will.... the OP will not.

Quote Originally Posted by jai151
    So which loot system would you prefer?

DKP? That awards points for attendance and guild contribution and rewards seniority.

SK? That rewards attendance (you only move up the list if you are there), not so much on the guild contribution or seniority, though. And who can best use an item is still dead last.

Random? Doesn't reward a damn thing, but who can best use the item is still dead last.

Tell me, what system would you want?
    He wants the system that gets him his loot as quickly as possible.

Keep in mind the "who benefits from it more model" would often have loot councils giving upgrades to people who have the worst gear first.

I can see it now:

"Sorry you didn't get that [insert piece of ICC25 loot here], that new recruit would get a larger dps boost from it so you can wait til he gets to your gear level before you get an upgrade."

10+ Year Old Account

Sorry, let me try that again.

In my old guild was relatively hardcore, they mainly focused on progression. However, the loot system undermined progression a great deal because people aren't getting the upgrades they needed. I was passed over three times for Justicebringer from 25 ToC when I was still using the edge of ruin from the H 5man ToC, to people who already had decent weapons (at the time) from Ulduar. While people acted like progression was a priority, however how loot was distributed did reflect that.

Don't get me wrong, I attended all raids despite one or two tardies, I try assist my guildies, and I try to preform to the best of my ability. I put a lot into the guild and our progression runs. So according to the loot rules I should be eligible for a few upgrades, but it didn't happen that way. Towards the end of ToC, the loot council became who can kiss the most officer ass gets the lewt. Officers started abusing the system to get favors out of us. I remember I ran my GM's spriest through several lowbie instances in order to get a damn trophy. As a result of this bullshit, me and several others /gquit and found new guilds for ICC.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

That's not a problem with loot council.

That's a problem with leadership.

If you can't trust your guild leaders to act responsibly then of course loot council won't work.

Rolling on items doesn't assure it goes to the proper person and DKP doesn't either, nor does SK.

Those systems reward luck or attendance.

Those systems do, for the most part -- there are always ways to game the system -- take decision making out of the equation so you don't get the kinds of abuses you mentioned.