Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Strength of Wrynn + Power Word: Shield

I've been getting some inconsistent absorb amounts in Icecrown Citadel with the Strength of Wrynn buff active, in 3.3.3.

Inner Fire and Strength of Wrynn were the only buffs I had.

Before I went into ICC, I tested my absorbs on a mob outside the instance, which gave me my absorb amount of 8781.
    http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9531/nosow.jpg

Inside ICC, I took screenshots of combat logs. If you'd like a WoL/WMO parse let me know and I can make one.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/6843/none1.jpg
    http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/1864/none2o.jpg
    http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/8707/none3.jpg
    http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/270/none4.jpg

On one of my tests however, I got an absorb amount of ~12k.
    http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/5325/sow12k.jpg

I was wondering if others were having the same problem, or maybe someone can point out an error I'm making.
    Inferno and pandemonium...

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Strength of Wrynn + Power Word: Shield

Absorbs have been showing up funky in the combat logs. SP procs will increase absorbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury
    SP procs will increase absorbs.
    I didn't have any.

15+ Year Old Account

Didnt have any Demo locks?

Quote Originally Posted by Zixx
    I didn't have any.
    chances are you do.

demo pact (locks)
    ICC 277 healer ring
    Vote Pengu for president!
    "For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons."

8.5k shields? jesus do you have like 2k spellpower or something?

mine are hitting for 13k with the 10% buff

Procs would have shown in the combat log. I was alone inside ICC with Inner Fire and Strength of Wrynn as my only buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by patrin

( [Base + (Spellpower * 1.207)] * 1.15 * 1.05 * 1.04 ) * 1.10 = 13000

( [2564 + (Spellpower *1.207)] * 1.2558 ) * 1.10 = 13000

[2564 + (Spellpower *1.207)] * 1.2558 = 11818.182

[2564 + (Spellpower *1.207) ] = 9410.879

(Spellpower *1.207) = 6846.879

Spellpower = 5672.642

Do you have 5672 spellpower unbuffed?

Bullshit
    {broken signature}

Quote Originally Posted by Zixx
    I've been getting some inconsistent absorb amounts in Icecrown Citadel with the Strength of Wrynn buff active, in 3.3.3.
    Should have tested before. It's always been dumb like that. You really can't trust how much logs claim you shield. There is no way to accurate parse the combat log for shields. Blame Blizzard.

Oh and 13k shields = lulz. What are you taking a crit from the PW:S glyph and multiplying that number by 5? That would work out to right around 8.6k, which is about what a well geared Priest in ICC gear will get. :P

10+ Year Old Account

OMG are you the Priest that apped to my guild, claiming that you could do 13k HPS?!

-Libertor's Armory!- "AGGRO" ~ LOOSELY TRANSLATED, IT MEANS "THE PRIEST DIES."

Quote Originally Posted by Libertor
    OMG are you the Priest that apped to my guild, claiming that you could do 13k HPS?!
    You know 13k+ HPS is possible on some ICC fights, right? As Holy, certainly not Disc, but yeah... You might have turned away a really good player. :-\

You know 13k+ HPS is possible on some ICC fights, right?
    Maybe if your other healers are dead + Unchained + incredibly bad, sure.

No, you just need to trust good healers and not run with so many. There's no fight in ICC hardmode or not that requires more than 5 healers. There's a reason you see 16k+ HPS parses on fights like BQ. Bring more DPS and fewer healers instead of letting all your good healers sit at 75%+ overhealing. :P

Why would I bring 5 healers to Sindragosa 25HM when I could do it with 6-7 and not waste LK25HM attempts on wipes to unlucky Unchained + Ice Tomb combos?

Edit: Maybe your guild's DPS should stop being terrible and require you to underman healers for every single encounter even with the 10% buff. Just sayin'.

Because 5 healers is actually more than what's needed on the fight. Because having 2 extra DPS means tombs go down faster. Etc, etc. There's a reason the high end progression guilds use so few healers, especially with the buff. 10% more health + 10% more healing/absorbs means healers/tanks have it easier than DPS. Get better healers.

Sorry, my guild isn't terrible enough to require us going 5 healers on Sindragosa 25HM with the 10% buff to be able to DPS tombs before Asphyxiation kills the person inside.

What's the point of going for a faster kill (ours go by plenty fast already) if an unlucky alignment of "what ifs" get together and shaft you out of LK25HM practice? Get better DPS.

Oh and by the way, just riffling through a couple "high end progression guild" WoLs will tell you that the average number of healers used for Sindragosa is 6-7, not 5. Maybe everyone is just worse than you! Juggernaut used 8 on their latest kill, they must have TERRIBLE healers!

So are our DPS terrible, or are your healers terrible? We didn't see a reason to use more when we realized that adding more healers didn't increase raid HPS, only over-healing. It's the same reason we 4 heal Blood Queen. There's no danger of people dying any more with 4 than with 5 and everything goes faster. Adding 24k+ DPS is better than adding 30% more over-healing.

And I'll just say it again. DPS has never been an issue for us in terms of needing to drop a healer. If we ever ran head-first into an enrage timer, it was a matter of poor execution from the raid at their role (be it DPS or healer).

So go on then, link me a WoL run of a "high end progression guild" going 5 healers on everything. Can't find any? That might have something to do with the raid leader not wanting to take any stupid risks where they are completely unnecessary. ICC25HM isn't Sunwell in speedrun mode just yet, considering only one guild's even cleared the place.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Clemx
    And I'll just say it again. DPS has never been an issue for us in terms of needing to drop a healer. If we ever ran head-first into an enrage timer, it was a matter of poor execution from the raid at their role (be it DPS or healer).

So go on then, link me a WoL run of a "high end progression guild" going 5 healers on everything. Can't find any? That might have something to do with the raid leader not wanting to take any stupid risks where they are completely unnecessary. ICC25HM isn't Sunwell in speedrun mode just yet, considering only one guild's even cleared the place.
    pretty sure paragon used 5 healers on LK25HM just saying. if they used 5 on him they can most likely use 5 on everything.