Thread: Which Prof?

Which Prof?

Currently i have one Level 80, Whichis a Blood Elf Paladin, and only have 1 proff which is mining, in Cata im gona roll a Goblin Shaman WIth BS and JC as its profff cuz those 2 work hand in hand with Mining but im starting to think that i need a sconed proffesion on my Paladin currently so these are my Options keep in mind i want the best money making combo)

1-Blood Elf: Mining and BS, Goblin: JC and ???

2-Blood Elf Mining and JC , Goblin: BS and ???

3-Blood Elf Mining and ???, Goblin BS and JC

Please sugest a proffesion in a ??? id aprrecitate it thanks

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Which Prof?

Why not go with the one that is the most fun?

That being said: For money, take option 3 and pick Herbloring as the 4th Profession.
    Dawwwwwww

Get yourself Mining and JC and on goblin get Herbalism and Alchemy
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercrunchy View Post
    I play both factions and theres not much difference, we're all idiots

The last time I looked the min/maxers were leaning toward a JC/BS combination. You'd have too look up the current favorites if you intend to do some Hard Mode Raiding.

I managed to get all the profs up to 450, here are a couple of my observations.

Least Useful
    BS/Tail/LW - Crafted epics were nice at LK release, but are too quickly replaced now. There's still demand for rare crafted items, but the recipes can be hard to get. I used these heavily while leveling and almost never at max level (only Tailoring Weave cloths when the long CD was still in affect).

In the middle
    Alchemy - Good demand for transmutes, so it can be profitable. However demand, and prices, for potions and elixirs varies. Flasks are fixed value items, i.e. +125 spellpower, that haven't scaled with the better gear. As a result, demand has dropped with their decreasing usefulness. I was happy with this profession on the whole and would recommend it.

Inscription - Most glyphs on servers I ran on sold in the 5-25g range. Good trinkets but the cards are random, so you can spend a lot time and mats making poor selling items. Personally, I really didn't like this as a profession.

Engineering - Probably the most fun profession, but also of limited use. Crafting ammo was nice, but the AH was flooded on my server so the prices were horrid. Some nice Eng only items, but like Tail/BS/LW it can be quickly replaced by raid gear. This one you take for the fun of it and not for the usefulness imo.

Most Useful
    Ench/JC - Always lots demand for high level enchants and gem cuts. Every gear upgrade requires new chants/gems, so there is a steady demand. Both can be expensive to level up, but well worth it in my opinion.

Gathering

Skinning - Outside of LWs, some Engineering, and a few other recipes, there is not much use for the mats.
    Herbalism - Similar to Skinning in that Inscription and Alchemists rely on the mats. However the mats themselves AH'ed at very low prices on my server (12-30g a stack in most cases).
    Mining - Heavy demand from JC, BS, and Eng professions, so this was a money maker for me. I ran three alts with this profession.

10+ Year Old Account

3. Go for Engineering on your paladin! it's great fun and if you are using him as an alt anyways, why bother min/maxing? Your mining can supply your goblin with ores for both BS and JC.
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

thanks guys ive decided to go mining/JC on my paladin and Eng/Ench on my shaman

now they question is... what kind of engineering is best for elemental shamans? :P thx alot for the help

Deleted
    engineernig

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by This-Sith-Hits-Shit View Post
    engineernig

Holy 6 year old necro, Batman!
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Herbalism and Inscription or Alchemy is best for legion until next patch