Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Is this ICC10 raid composition good enough?

@People saying theres gonna be problem at Saurfang, he never said anything about hardmodes.

We carried 2 people through 6 - 7 hardmodes yesterday and a Lk kill, they had never ever been in ICC normal modes before.

Raid setup is NOT that important if people are skilled, the boomkin would play a support role in that raid with innervate and tranq.

And range DPs is not really that important for normal modes, we only used 1 in our first LK kill etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuun

And How did you do Saurfang? I would like to hear your tactic
    ive done saurfang with 2 hunters as ranged. frost trap + pestilence + chains of ice = win

15+ Year Old Account

At this stage, any composition of 2 tanks, 2-3 healers, and various DPS specs and classes that have some gear, ability to play, and good teamwork can clear up to Lich King.

If you wanted you could go in there with ten paladins and blow the place up. Comp doesn't matter.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Swap the DK or Rogue for an Elemental Shaman and ur talking good there
    Insert Signiture here.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the minimum number of ranged for fester 4? I only mean Minimum because of the Vile Gas mechanic. If it drops below a specific number of avaliable targets he pukes on the melee and wipes the raid.
    Millions long for eternity that don't know what to do on a rainy afternoon.

Deleted

You didn't specify a spec for you Death Knight tank or your Hunter, so I'll just assume blood and MM. With this setup you are missing:

5% spellhaste (shamans)
    20% melee haste (frost DK, shaman)
    Bloodlust (shamans)
    Health Buff (warriors)
    Intellect (mages)
    Spell Power (shamans, demonology warlock)
    5% spellcrit (mages, warlocks)

You have a very physical dps heavy group, so missing the caster buffs doesn't hurt as much. Missing bloodlust and 20% melee haste does hurt a lot when you have that much melee though. I would recommend to at least have your blood dps DK go frost instead, and dual-wield frost is the highest Death Knight dps spec right now anyway.

Saurfang is perfectly done on 10man with only two ranged. The rogue can beat on one of the beasts with ToTT on a ranged up as mentioned, and they'll die easily. The boomkin should also have a pushback, so he'll be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticalBull
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the minimum number of ranged for fester 4? I only mean Minimum because of the Vile Gas mechanic. If it drops below a specific number of avaliable targets he pukes on the melee and wipes the raid.
    You need only 3. And you can have a healer at range of course, problem solved. In fact, my raid once did Festergut in 10 with only 2 ranged and 2 healers, with both healers standing in the melee. We actually had the tank who wasn't tanking him run outside into range and just chill. Worked perfectly, though took some thinking to come up with the strat.