Thread: See ya later

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: See ya later

This is a sad day. In light of today's events I will be opening

www.SwampmoosesInternetFunZoneforPaladins.com

where we will laugh, be merry, and post without fear of regulation on all topics related to World of Warcraft including Paladins, Icecrown Citatadel and preferred cheeseburger condiments.

I welcome everyone to join me (for 12.99 a month).

I rarely visit the pali forums, but I have witnessed the same as well, in other forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    I am ashamed by the fact that you hate me so much prentice.
    oh wait, i am not.
    i say we start a poll to ban me or not for all the eternity.

edit: have i ever flamed w/o a reason? have i ever insulted someone w/o a reason?
    who else makes a bit of poetic justice on the forums these days?
    it breaks my heart to see you acting so... so childish.

What?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    GoD isn't so great for unholy
    Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    i dont understamd ???

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose
    This is a sad day. In light of today's events I will be opening

www.SwampmoosesInternetFunZoneforPaladins.com

where we will laugh, be merry, and post without fear of regulation on all topics related to World of Warcraft including Paladins, Icecrown Citatadel and preferred cheeseburger condiments.

I welcome everyone to join me (for 12.99 a month).

damn it, i actually clicked that link.
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice

That certainly was not my intent. Having brought this up in PM's prior to this post, this is the answer to any future "Where did Prentice go?" posts. Had I intentionally desired to open that can, I would have done so in a different manner.
    Hate to say it, because I know where you're coming from, but intent or not, that will be the effect of you having posted what you posted where you posted it.

Quote Originally Posted by det
    As for moderation and such: Their forums, their money, their spare time dedicated without pay.
    License to do whatever the hell you want, regardless of the rules in place set by said moderators/admins, awesome.

MMO-Communist.com? Please no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    GoD isn't so great for unholy
    Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    i dont understamd ???

It's a shame really. Some really great threads have been locked, and although they may be borderline, they have provided some great fun to me and I'm sure others as well. The mods in my opinion, were picked hastily, and or more or less not qualified to moderate anything, much less a popular forum.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

Quote Originally Posted by det
    As for moderation and such: Their forums, their money, their spare time dedicated without pay.
    Only the most desperate of non-profit organizations accept volunteers who are unfit for the job.

10+ Year Old Account

Stick to the hunter forums or general forums. Best mods. Day one of all the new mods I made a topic "fake" trolling the hunter forum Mod, he called me an idiot, told me why I was wrong and didn't even lock the thread. <3 Hunter forums.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

I think I've been left more or less free of moderation. I'm not really sure as I don't follow my own posts that closely.

But therein is some of the problem. Threads often get locked or posts get deleted without any reasons given. It may be pretty clear to the mods why certain things happen, but that clearly doesn't apply to the people who's writing goes away.

If a thread is locked, the last post should be a mod saying why. If a post gets removed, there should be a message about it in that user's mailbox. Every time. This is just Moderating 101 stuff... Givens that should not have to be explained. So I do have to agree with others that have said the newly picked mods may not entirely know how to do their job.

In retrospect, I probably should have applied. =/
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Deleted

Suprised to see no lock/delete yet nor a reply from a mod.

Quote Originally Posted by NaitFury
    Suprised to see no lock/delete yet nor a reply from a mod.
    Right or wrong, locking threads about free speech as soon as they're made usually just helps out the other argument.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Free speech doesn't exist on forums, the only exception I can think of is /b/ and we're not going to go further into that.

Quote Originally Posted by XaCez
    Free speech doesn't exist on forums, the only exception I can think of is /b/ and we're not going to go further into that.
    Perhaps not, but the illusion of it is important to some people.

Obviously, everyone saying whatever they want is a bad idea...but where to draw the line is subject to interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice

Chron and I have had this conversation before. His perception of the situation trumps all. That may sound like it was intended to be an insult, but I assure you that it is not. We agree to disagree.
    Not to be rude, but that's not the person to talk to. Talk to an admin.. not someone like Chron (Or whatever he changed his name to now). He's... Not the most mentally stable when it comes to the Mod personality.

I haven't really had a problem with mods though, the only problem I've had all with MMO-Champ's such was a random ban for awhile without a warning, but talking with the admins got it worked out .
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    Chron actually approved that i'm not a useless troll yay mee :3
    btt, Prentice, if you have some problems with me personally, have it at PM.
    i thought you were satisfied enough when you got me reported and banned tho -.-
    Drink a Drink.

Now Throw up all the liquid you just Drank.

Still satisfied by the drink?
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx
    You see Prentice, had you not had so many good posts, i'd have probably banned you for flamebait and trolling. However, it's because you've made such an effort and added so much to the community that i'm being lenient with you. This topic itself isn't strictly allowed, but i'll let it stay to answer some of your questions.
    So...good post and post count are supposed to count when banning?

Can I ask a serious question, then? I got banned for 2 weeks for "flaming" after some warrior with 20 something post called Paladins easy-mode and such...they then sent me a hateful letter calling me "a retarded 12 year old," among other things. Now, I guess I can understand...but I'm unsure about the other poster. Reported them...and they didn't get banned.

Was it BECAUSE they had such a low post count, like trying to give them a chance to even out? Or is it because you guys hate meh =(

Deleted

Yeah I think I'll take my leave along with Prentice after reading this post and looking through some of the other moderated posts I've seen lately.

Good luck running a forum without any flaming going on; oh wait that's impossible.

Just a sidenote:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-warlock/warlock-green-fire!/30/ the mod there has the same attitude as all other mods around here; their opinion is the right one and you dare to question it and your post will get deleted and you will get a warning.

Ciao MMO-C, back to WoR

10+ Year Old Account

This thread is quite rude...

No one has said bye yet =\
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

I think MMO-Champion has a bit of an identity crisis. I come to this site to see new information about the game I play way too much, and occasionally drop a comment when I see ridiculously wrong information about my class. I also enjoy reading posts by the very few people who actually know what they're talking about and play this game at a high level.

I certainly don't come here for information about my class. MMO-Champion is the trade chat of WoW forums. It's sad, because so many people come here because of the excellent and nearly always accurate information that Boub manages to come up with, but when they try to ask legitimate questions about their class they're fed a giant pile of horse manure by people like Hollow_sorrow(great example by the way, Prentice).

Moderators don't ever really interfere in threads like those, because frankly I don't think they really know nearly as much about their respective classes as they should. What moderators DO jump on is threads where people talk to each other rudely, even when it's occasionally justified(the shockadin thread... is useless shit like that really what you want your forums to be about? Really guys?).

Prentice is a bit of an asshat sometimes. But he's definitely the best source of retribution information on these forums. Sorry to see you go.

The posts in here by Copain and Hollow_sorrow illustrate how bad things are. Those two have posted over two thousand times, combined. I challenge anyone to find ONE single piece of interesting or relevant information they've contributed to this forum.