10+ Year Old Account

Tailoring, the most underrated profession?

So I got bored this morning, dropped Jc (I love eng too much to drop) and power leveled tailoring for the back enchant, and I love it. 400 ap, over 15 seconds with a 45 second ICD, with the proc chance percent of WFS. I know JC/BS is supposedly the best profession for hunters but, I don't see why, "You can gem whichever stats you want" is the most common reason, gemming agi/arp is what most hunters will do. With the amount of Arp on gear atm, I think they lose some value for MM hunters, for surv you could still argue you it I guess. So am I the only person who thinks tailoring > Jc/Bs?

Also when I say "geming" I mean using the Jc Gems/BS sockets. Not completely gemming.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Re: Tailoring, the most underrated profession?

Passive Jeweler's Gems are pretty good, bro. I've had both a tailor and a jc, trust me, jc/ench is the best combo if you want to buff yourself on up.

Tailroing isn't bad.

But the ap boost you gain is about 2x the agi boost you gain as jc. And 50 agi> 100 ap.

That's just the way it is. JC/BS is the best cause you can get whatever stat is best for you.

I'm tailor/engi and loving it.

Deleted

JC is the best general profession ebcause you can customise it however the hell you want, the same with BS.

If you like mana procs (Healers), spellpower procs (Caster DPS) or AP procs (Melee/Hunters), then Tailoring is a perfectly fine profession.

In fact, I remember seeing somewhere that the spellpower cape proc was over-budget (don't ask me where, probably wrong), but most people jsut didn't know and discounted it.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    I'm tailor/engi and loving it.
    Personally see this as a bad combo, because both use cape enchants, and you can only have 1 =[. Not that clued up on hunters though.

Quote Originally Posted by Abb
    Personally see this as a bad combo, because both use cape enchants, and you can only have 1 =[. Not that clued up on hunters though.
    The engi cloak enchan't isn't leagues better than the base cloak enchant, so you don't lose much by using the tailoring one over the engi one.

JC is the best general profession ebcause you can customise it however the hell you want, the same with BS.

If you like mana procs (Healers), spellpower procs (Caster DPS) or AP procs (Melee/Hunters), then Tailoring is a perfectly fine profession.

In fact, I remember seeing somewhere that the spellpower cape proc was over-budget (don't ask me where, probably wrong), but most people jsut didn't know and discounted it.
    It was hugely overbudgetted at launch.

It still is but only by a tiny margin. Since it's a procc it's gonna be hard to have a perfect uptime and that's why.

Tailroing still is the best Casterproff since you can get the mana as healer or spellpower (which is the best stat). But as melee you get ap which is worse then str and agi for alot of meleeclasses.

That's why JC/BS is the best for meleclasses.
    JC is also like 2-4 sp overbudgeted over enchanting for example. Still i use tailoring enchanting on my shaman because i like what they offer.

10+ Year Old Account

This is why I put off leveling tailoring till now, but tbh, if all eng was, was just the hand enchant I'd still take it over jc/bs. Also not having the parachute takes some getting used to, died twice to fall damage qq.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

That proc is barely an upgrade over 22 agi on cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Soothing Voice
    Passive Jeweler's Gems are pretty good, bro. I've had both a tailor and a jc, trust me, jc/ench is the best combo if you want to buff yourself on up.
    jc/bs beats out jc/ench because with the gems you get to pick out the exact stats best for you.

Deleted

Engineering is the most underrated.

Everybody knows what any other profession's bonuses are, but most of the people also think that engineering doesn't bring anything for tanking or healing or even DPS. They'r all wrong

i would drop one of my proff's for it but theres 2 thing that stopped that:
    its roughly a static 80ap- bsing gives me 2 sockets= "80 ap"(not that i use ap gems)
    a warriors one true love is ArP and the jc gems help with not being 6 over the cap or w/e random # it could be
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

Quote Originally Posted by smartAXE
    i would drop one of my proff's for it but theres 2 thing that stopped that:
    its roughly a static 80ap- bsing gives me 2 sockets= "80 ap"(not that i use ap gems)
    a warriors one true love is ArP and the jc gems help with not being 6 over the cap or w/e random # it could be
    this is the hunter forums, not the warrior forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simbert
    No, with 4. You gain 4 additional girlfriends once you stop playing WoW. It is statistically proven that WoW equals 4 girlfriends. No one exactly know where they come from, but WoW is the only thing that prevents the world from being flooded with insane amounts of girls.

Edit: Actually, that is the sole reason we even play WoW. We simply could not stand all those girlfriends jumping at you at every corner of the street if we didn´t.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisa_69
    this is the hunter forums, not the warrior forums.
    and this is a thread about tailoring being underrated not a "its our forum not yours" thread

And for OP, in my opinion use whatever you like to use :P