High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Question for Frost Tanks dinging 80

I recently found some love for my DK that had been stowed away since the release and have gone on a 15-level spree with him.

I decided to level as a Frost tank and I'm definitely enjoying the playstyle (minus the little 2 sec rune gaps sometimes).

I recently picked up a few nice pieces that look to last me until I can start equipping epics at level 80.
    My question is this: Which pieces are a near NECESSITY for a newly dinged frost DK tank.
    I'm guessing The Seal of the Pantheon due to DEF starved gear choices, but is there anything else that is a "must have" and will last for a bit while I replace the rest of the pieces?

Thank in advance !

Edit: I'm aware of the sticky for pre-heroic gear, just curious of WHICH piece will do me best / last the longest, therefore is most crucial / beneficial.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickster
    does any1 know how much these new heirlooms will cost ?:O
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseous
    $15 a month

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    Performance correlates to a function of your skill and your gear level, it doesn't matter how high one is if the other is low.

Re: Question for Frost Tanks dinging 80

Quote Originally Posted by Evoic
    I recently found some love for my DK that had been stowed away since the release and have gone on a 15-level spree with him.

I decided to level as a Frost tank and I'm definitely enjoying the playstyle (minus the little 2 sec rune gaps sometimes).

I recently picked up a few nice pieces that look to last me until I can start equipping epics at level 80.
    My question is this: Which pieces are a near NECESSITY for a newly dinged frost DK tank.
    I'm guessing The Seal of the Pantheon due to DEF starved gear choices, but is there anything else that is a "must have" and will last for a bit while I replace the rest of the pieces?

Thank in advance !

Edit: I'm aware of the sticky for pre-heroic gear, just curious of WHICH piece will do me best / last the longest, therefore is most crucial / beneficial.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37220
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47216

One or both of those for a fresh 80 would be the best
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

[i]A quick death...like the one you gave me? No. You're going to suffer as I did. Thanks to my arrow, you can't even run. Give my regards to hell, you son of a bitch.
    -Sylvanas Windrunner

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Thanks for the posts!

I was kind of thinking along the same lines.
    Seal of the Pantheon for the +DEF and The Black heart for the +STAM.
    I remember attempting to get Essence of Gossamer and it took 22 (!!!!) tries to get it to drop on my Prot pally.
    That trinket can burn in hell. : -)
    $15 a month

Performance correlates to a function of your skill and your gear level, it doesn't matter how high one is if the other is low.

Thanks for the posts!

I was kind of thinking along the same lines.
    Seal of the Pantheon for the +DEF and The Black heart for the +STAM.
    I remember attempting to get Essence of Gossamer and it took 22 (!!!!) tries to get it to drop on my Prot pally.
    That trinket can burn in hell. : -)
    LOL Both my tank toons got it on the first try. Same with Black Heart, guess I am just a lucky SoB.
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

Using horn of winter during a rune blackout helps with more RP and something to do while waiting ;-)
    "Got my teacup here, now all I need is a tea bag"

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...emperor/simple

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrellas
    Using horn of winter during a rune blackout helps with more RP and something to do while waiting ;-)
    Which would be a perfect segway for me to ask why the HELL do we have to refresh this thing every 2 damn minutes to keep the buff up?
    (Three if glyphed, but still)
    $15 a month

Well, that's blizzards way :]

You should of course be aiming for def cap as a new tank with low HP, but keep in mind that if you are with a healer that has atleast decent gear, you won't have any trouble. I usually tank everything in my DPS gear (for faster heroics except for the 3 ICC ones), if the healer doesn't ask me to put on my tank gear.

Using your CDs (since you are frost, you've got the sexy unbreakable armor) in well timed pulls with alot of mobs won't be any trouble. By the time you get to the raid parts, you'll have enough gear (and you'll puke on heroic emblem farming after that)

So yeah, 2 of those 3 trinkets are nice. The Glyph of blabla trinket would be a better choice practically due to the GS part, since you most likely won't get into any group with running with a 200 trinket. Experienced this today on my alt for icc25 -.- main has around 6k, alt has 5.2k. Dude whispers and says "what's your GS?", and I reply "5200, kingslayer 25 man on main aswell, can link if you want.". Reply: "No sorry, too low GS, mages need high GS to do good dps sry k."

Bottom line, get black heart and glyph, you'll live a happier DK life!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier10101
    Yep, humans went around in those days casting balls of nature and stars at each other, and healing each other on the battlefield with thrown leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kpoof
    ..........Dude whispers and says "what's your GS?", and I reply "5200, kingslayer 25 man on main aswell, can link if you want.". Reply: "No sorry, too low GS, mages need high GS to do good dps sry k."

Bottom line, get black heart and glyph, you'll live a happier DK life!
    Drag that person through the screen and punch him in the Jimmy for being a nonsensical farktard.
    $15 a month

Which would be a perfect segway for me to ask why the HELL do we have to refresh this thing every 2 damn minutes to keep the buff up?
    Spoken like someone who's never played a warrior and didn't play a paladin pre-LK.

Anyway, I think your line of reasoning is right where it needs to be. Happy tanking, hope to see you on the circuit.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly
    Spoken like someone who's never played a warrior and didn't play a paladin pre-LK.

Anyway, I think your line of reasoning is right where it needs to be. Happy tanking, hope to see you on the circuit.
    I started playing right after Vanilla.
    Don't think for a SECOND that I don't remember constantly having to re-seal, constantly having to rebuff might, and praying to god that a 25 man guild would let me be their one "token" Ret pally......

I'm simply spoiled now, that's all.
    Everyone else gets their never-ending buffs, would it really kill them to give horn at least a 10 minute refresh time?
    They're just doing it to be petty because the class started out so ridiculously OP.....I can feel it.
    $15 a month

The one thing that people didn't mention and has been bugging me for months.

USE SLOW DPS WEAPONS. EVEN FOR TANKING! Best early on bets are Nighttime and Black Icicle from H:FoS and H:HoR respectively. Yes they have agility. More dodge for you. Our ability damage is calculated from the DPS rating. put the better of your two weapons in MH obviously. I hate seeing Frost Tanks using fast tank weapons and then get pissed off when I try and let them know what they need to be going for. I'm sick and tired of the stigma that Frost Tanks suck because most of them don't know how to gear.

1) Segue.

2) Your main reason for spamming HoW is Runic Power.
    Quote Originally Posted by jai151
    The wings are spot on for horse anatomy though.

At least you get RP out of it.

Battle Shout -costs- 10 rage.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

You can always glyph it to 3 minutes. It's not like there's a better minor glyph out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedrunes
    The one thing that people didn't mention and has been bugging me for months.

USE SLOW DPS WEAPONS. EVEN FOR TANKING! Best early on bets are Nighttime and Black Icicle from H:FoS and H:HoR respectively. Yes they have agility. More dodge for you. Our ability damage is calculated from the DPS rating. put the better of your two weapons in MH obviously. I hate seeing Frost Tanks using fast tank weapons and then get pissed off when I try and let them know what they need to be going for. I'm sick and tired of the stigma that Frost Tanks suck because most of them don't know how to gear.
    The poster is talking about -just- hitting 80. He's going to be farming badges and specific drops for a few days at the least even with instant queues, before he's comfortably farming H-HoR. While I agree with a slow DPS MH period, until he's comfortably above the def cap from getting 232/245 badge gear and any crafted gear he might be making, I'd use a tanking weapon in the offhand for the stats, and then once he's comfortably beyond def cap can do as you suggest and run double slow DPS weapons.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.