Affliction duels - fel armor over demon

So, I'm questioning myself whether I should or should not use fel armor. The only situation I can see it being good is against mages.

What is your opinion on this?

Re: Affliction duels - fel armor over demon

Use Demon Armor if it's a class you can outlast, or against melee. Otherwise use Fel Armor. Mages, Balance Druids, Ele Shaman, etc. You won't outlast them and armor doesn't do crap, so there's not much of a reason to use Demon Armor.

I always use fel armor... the armor contribution from demon armor isn't that great, and since your spells won't hit as hard it's kinda a wash... since you are heal for the amount of damage your spells do (ie. corruption/haunt). I dueled a warrior friend of mine using both and I can only beat him when I use fel armor... not sure how it would be against rogues since i haven't tested that... but I'm sure it would be about the same =\

Fel Armor is not a 20% increase to the damage your spells do, therefore Demon Armor will provide more healing than that from the damage increase.
    Armor does nothing against casters, so yeah against melee or a long battle then Demon Armor should be the more appropriate.
    Since you say it is for duels, then simply get a few friends and try them both out.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinsback
    I always use fel armor... the armor contribution from demon armor isn't that great, and since your spells won't hit as hard it's kinda a wash... since you are heal for the amount of damage your spells do (ie. corruption/haunt). I dueled a warrior friend of mine using both and I can only beat him when I use fel armor... not sure how it would be against rogues since i haven't tested that... but I'm sure it would be about the same =\
    you get about 10% damage reduct from popping on Demon Armor, which isn't anything to ignore. If you're fighting a class that you will be life draining, Demon will most likely heal you for more than Fel would. Obviously for casters, Fel is the way to go, but I wouldn't underestimate Demon when fighting something like a ret paladin or enhance sham

Melee classes/Hunters: Demon Armor
    Casters: Fel Armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenstine
    you get about 10% damage reduct from popping on Demon Armor, which isn't anything to ignore. If you're fighting a class that you will be life draining, Demon will most likely heal you for more than Fel would. Obviously for casters, Fel is the way to go, but I wouldn't underestimate Demon when fighting something like a ret paladin or enhance sham
    Ret's shouldn't give you a problem anyway, and since 1/2 their damage is holy, demon armor isn't gonna do much against that... as for draining, you're probably right... Tho with my playstyle I don't drain life to gain health, I drain to get the instant sb (I play VERY offensive).

And since most warriors are running around with ArP, that extra 10% u get from demon armor is more like 5-6%...

So I guess it depends on your playstyle. I play to kill the other person first, not to live longer... if that makes sense to you! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinsback
    Ret's shouldn't give you a problem anyway, and since 1/2 their damage is holy, demon armor isn't gonna do much against that... as for draining, you're probably right... Tho with my playstyle I don't drain life to gain health, I drain to get the instant sb (I play VERY offensive).
    Ret does a lot of Holy damage, but almost all of their burst damage is modified by armor, so Demon works pretty well.