Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: how do I get in to raiding?

As some already said, getting all the items from the emblem vendors that you need, does indeed help. Don't be a cheapstor (bad enchants, gems...). Know your class well!.

Now, most ICC PuGs require 4/12. Getting the first 4 bosses is quite easy. One way would be to join a freshly made guild. You may not like the people, they might even be retarded, but as long as they can get you the first 'required' achievement, then just suck it up!. Once you have gotten it, feel free to leave!

The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

plenty of casual raid guilds out there that accept new recruits my guild certainly does
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/rchmarkert_2007/Signatures/cpt.jpg

Like several people have said, just fill out an app, be honest, and make sure your answers are thorough.

Don't waste your time/money using epic gems on gear lower than 232, it will be replaced in no time i guarantee you, and also don't fake achiv's even though you know the tactics from all bosses, it makes you look terribad : "omg i got achi *30 minutes later: Player has earned the achievement [xxx]".

Also there must be a guild on your realm recruiting for lower raids, there always is a guild which is new and need to gear up members. Low guilds usually don't ask for achives, GS, etc.

GL

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    You should just apply to any entry level guild that just raids normal modes.

Beforehand you should do a few things to make your character look better.
    - At the very least, get all the gear you need from heroics/triumph badges
    - Use all the best possible enchant, no pvp enchant shit
    - Use all the best possible gems, epics only, and fix your meta
    - Buy dual spec, not having it makes you look cheap
    - Get rid of the PvP gear, there's no reason to be using that
    This, pretty much. You can gain raiding experience and perhaps loot from pugging raids, but for a real sense of how raiding should work it's best to belong to a raiding guild. To that end, much like moving up in a career, you want to start at the bottom and work your way up. You may begin your career as an intern for a small firm, then after you've gained sufficient experience you'll want to shop your resume around to other companies to increase you responsibility, your experience gained, and your pay.

Of course, that's not always the case. If you find an entry level guild that you really enjoy than you should by all means stick with it; even if it's only for a few months until you feel that you've outgrown it. After bouncing around a few guilds beforehand, I found a core group of people that I enjoy playing with and have been guilded with now for 3 years.

It's all about testing the waters in the beginning and eventually finding a guild that's a perfect fit for how you enjoy playing the game.
    Constructs in *my* raid?

It's more likely than you think.

get alot of gearscore. seriously.

Do heroics, get all the badge gear you can get. Then hope you're lucky enough to find someone that actually have a brain (we're rare these days) and have realised that gearscore and achievements isn't everything. Maintanked ToC10 and icc10 with a 4,8k gs and I had only read a short summary of the tactics before each boss.

The raids aren't hard. Getting into a group is.