Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Arms PVE losing bad to fury these days?

I've been a pve arms warrior for some time now, I just love the spec and rotations. Although, I keep getting my ass handed to me in comparison to rogues and fury warriors on single target bosses, Saurfang for example. I use the priority rotation Rend, Execute, MS, OP, usually timed with a HS, and if all else is on cd, slam spam. I'm close to hard ArP cap too w/o grimtoll, MJ, SF etc.. Compared to the rogues and the other warrior in my guild I am a bit behind in gear, but being close to arp cap with Shadow's Edge should make me at least competitive on the charts. Also when the boss is below 20 % percent do you usually execute spam or ignore it for other abilities and use only on SD procs. Well heres my armory in case I'm doing something wrong http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Elrondzorz. The rogues and warrior are usually pushing 10-12 k where I'm doing 8-9 @ best on Saurfrang.. they all have 4 pc/DBW and high ilvl as well, maybe its just gear difference here I dunno.

Re: Arms PVE losing bad to fury these days?

nj on the leather pants ^^
    arms is my offspec(i love the play style); but for the most part you will almost always be out dps'd by fury just cause of scaling
    you should aim for your 4p since its very easy to make up that 6% arp you lose from t9, blizz also said they were fixing it(or already fixed it) but you would need to find a hit offpiece(LDW neck) so you can drop the helm
    under 20% you dont slam, you use that free gcd area for executes
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

They made a new Ashen Verdict ring, http://www.wowhead.com/?item=52572 . Trade your ring in for that. Your neck, back, belt and pants do not have any strength on them. You have 5 pieces of gear that are not intended for warriors, that might be one problem.

Get a 2nd weapon and spec fury.

Pretty much the best thing you could do to improve your damage.

lol wtf? warriors can wear leather/mail. and the agi ring is actually better then the strength one for arms. you seem to be on the right track for gearing elrondzorz. you are just simply behind on gear. you just need that T10 and the set bonuses and a new trinket and you should be doing a lot better. you will of course not be able to pass fury warriors ever but you can atleast hope to ;\

The int on the belt is really helping dps.

Dude, Go /wrist, its alot of agi shit that is better itemized than plate...
    Mail, wtf? :P

But yes, arms is loosing 2 fury in my experience aswell, and it sucks. Fury is a roflmao hit 4 buttons do 10kdps setup, and its booring. Arms is the shit, but getting less and less competative.

The non-plate pieces are fine, other than the belt. Replace that belt with the Vengeful Noose from the badge vender, imo. http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50995

The story with the belt is that it was free and the noose has some better stats. Although I try to avoid haste at all costs.. maybe if I went fury I'd buy it.

Awesomely geared arms warriors aren't coming anywhere near a skilled fury warrior.

You are absolutely kidding yourself if you think arms is a viable raiding spec (save for raiding sans feral druid) compared to fury, so unless you are in there to provide trauma, you are a waste of a raid slot that could be filled by a hunter.

About 1.5k, or 10% difference.

Quote Originally Posted by nitrizzle
    Awesomely geared arms warriors aren't coming anywhere near a skilled fury warrior.

You are absolutely kidding yourself if you think arms is a viable raiding spec (save for raiding sans feral druid) compared to fury, so unless you are in there to provide trauma, you are a waste of a raid slot that could be filled by a hunter.
    12.5k dps is definantly viable. Fury is only around 14k. If you are going to complain about that you should drop both. Warriors are only good for sunder and prot brings it best, other classes do a lot more dps.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by nitrizzle

Skilled - you mean like "Gear Skill"?

@OP : The dps differences are probably more significantly influenced by your gear(200 ilvl trinket, 2pct10) rather than the spec differences, Arms is harder to master than Fury, imho improve your gear and stay Arms. I'd kill to be able to have the free spec and time to learn and play Arms, I've always wanted to, and I envy the people that still can do it. There are some logging sites around with DPS top 10s that show quite alot of very good geared Arms warrs doing very well on single target, could be a hoax but then again it could also be the real deal.

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

dunno if someone has said it already but it KINDA helps if your meta gem is working.

Quote Originally Posted by Töasty
    They made a new Ashen Verdict ring, http://www.wowhead.com/?item=52572 . Trade your ring in for that. Your neck, back, belt and pants do not have any strength on them. You have 5 pieces of gear that are not intended for warriors, that might be one problem.
    you are new to this warrior thing aren't you?
    going for str only gear will net you over the hit/exp caps and you will have 4-6% less crit than a warr that knows his BiS'
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

Saurfang normal:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/.../Arms_Warrior/
    Saurfang heroic:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/.../Arms_Warrior/

All arms warriors doing 10-12k dps. There aren't many of them nowadays but it's a much more fun spec to play then fury. Leather and mail are perfectly viable for a warrior. Infact some leather and mail are better then the available plate pieces.

As far as the dps priority goes it should be rend, overpower, MS, execute, slam while using ragedumps in between. Overpower or deep wounds should be your largest damaging ability if you do it right. Without a combatlog from yourself there isn't much to comment on though.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2775&e=2940 that's the log from Saurfang last Tuesday.

heroic throw(unless you're using it on a BB to help range) is gonna be a dps loss since it kills your swing timer
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

I was forced to respec fury when ICC came out. I enjoy playing arms much more though as it requires more skill. However I received about a 20% damage increase after respeccing.
    skott#1374 - add me to expand your b.net friends list of reliable players for raiding/arena.

Video if myself raid healing, raid dps, and raid tanking:

http://goo.gl/wNZeS5

From your parse, it looks like you're missing some Overpowers, Mortal Strikes, and using Slam too much. Melee being your #1 damage is bad.

Your Rend uptime is a little low and, with improvement, will lead to more Overpowers.

The fight lasted 2:44sec and I only see 1 usage of Bladestorm. Your initial Bladestorm can be used without worry as beasts don't spawn until a fair amount of time into the fight. It is certainly possible if you watch your boss mod timers to squeeze more Bladestorms in between beast wave spawns. You could have possibly used Bladestorm 3 times in a 2:44 fight seeing as you have the glyph.

Arms is ideally supposed to use EVERY GCD. Try next time without using Heroic Strike at all and make use of every GCD. For the Saurfang fight it's pretty easy to start with charge - rend - MS - (wait less than half a sec) OP - Bladestorm to have BS back up ASAP.