Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Is there a reason not to have Resto T10 4pc?

Most druids I see use it yet, the only resto druid in my guild refuses to, stating "They're not doing what I'm trying to do."

So my question is, wtf IS she trying to do? and is she right/wrong?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ngyr&cn=Lasair

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Is there a reason not to have Resto T10 4pc?

I would say maybe it was to stay haste capped but all she would be replacing is a crit helm with a crit helm and haste shoulders with crit shoulders. Even then she would still be over cap.

Tbh, looks like she's trying to get a high gearscore than worrying about whats best for her class. As the only resto druid there is no reason not to have 4 piece in 25 if you are haste capped.

Not even 264 idol? Is she whoring badges for other things completely? It looks like she has nothing from badges. Only gloves/legs which are available by VoA.

The only reason to get that much haste is to take into account the fact that you *may* not always be in range of WoA and a 3% haste buff.

She is doing right The haste cap without celest is around 850-880 haste (fully raid buffed) and she exactly got it, so If she switch to 4piece she gonna lose haste from shoulder and she will no more be Caped + Tier 10 4set bonus is bugged at moment... (If you have other druid casting reju on your target which got the reju proc from the 4set bonus it's remove it immediatly, so 4 set worth like nothing when you are 2 resto druid in same raid :P

Quote Originally Posted by antoine100
    She is doing right The haste cap without celest is around 850-880 haste (fully raid buffed) and she exactly got it, so If she switch to 4piece she gonna lose haste from shoulder and she will no more be Caped
    Do you mean having that amount of haste WITH raid buffs or having that amount of haste PLUS raid buffs?

Quote Originally Posted by antoine100
    + Tier 10 4set bonus is bugged at moment... (If you have other druid casting reju on your target which got the reju proc from the 4set bonus it's remove it immediatly, so 4 set worth like nothing when you are 2 resto druid in same raid :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooce
    the only resto druid in my guild

Both haste buffs (8%)
    736 haste rating (3/3 CF)
    856 haste rating (0/3 CF)

WoA alone (5%)
    856 haste rating (3/3 CF)
    980 haste rating (0/3 CF)

Moonkin/Swift Ret alone (3%)
    936 haste rating (3/3 CF)
    1063 haste rating (0/3 CF)

No haste buffs
    1063 haste rating (3/3 CF)
    1193 haste rating (0/3 CF)

In 25 mans the T10 bonus is worth 5-10% of total healing. In order to make that up with haste you'd have to have at least 5-10% more haste than with T10. That's ~200-400 haste rating, where if she swapped her shoulders & helm she'd only lose 74 haste.

IMO it's silly not to take 4T10 when it's available to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Quote Originally Posted by Degrador
    In 25 mans the T10 bonus is worth 5-10% of total healing. In order to make that up with haste you'd have to have at least 5-10% more haste than with T10. That's ~200-400 haste rating, where if she swapped her shoulders & helm she'd only lose 74 haste.

IMO it's silly not to take 4T10 when it's available to you.

^^^
    and it looks to me she just wants a gear score. Correct me if I'm wrong. PAssive haste cap is around 735. You should reach a 'hard cap' fully raid buffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolette
    and it looks to me she just wants a gear score.
    Yeah, that's what I thought from looking at her gear. Kind of a big call to make from looking just at armory though

Correct me if I'm wrong. PAssive haste cap is around 735. You should reach a 'hard cap' fully raid buffed.
    With her spec it's ~850.

Incidentally, that's another thing that's a bit strange. Why have Nature's Grace? The only spell it benefits is Regrowth, and only if it's cast within 3s after a crit. Really seems pointless to me. Either go with 18/0/53 for CF to get haste cap, or go with 11/0/60 for the Resto talents (my personal choice).

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Quote Originally Posted by Degrador
    Yeah, that's what I thought from looking at her gear. Kind of a big call to make from looking just at armory though

With her spec it's ~850.

Incidentally, that's another thing that's a bit strange. Why have Nature's Grace? The only spell it benefits is Regrowth, and only if it's cast within 3s after a crit. Really seems pointless to me. Either go with 18/0/53 for CF to get haste cap, or go with 11/0/60 for the Resto talents (my personal choice).
    I don't really think so. I don't know any druids who wear that much cloth. That stuff can't possibly be BiS for her.
    LOL 3am totally wasn't paying attention to her spec. I do 18/0/53 for CF.

I personally don't like the 4pc set. Some of us don't like using rejuv so frequently. For me, I really like using wild growth and nourish. I just can't stand the drudgery of rolling rejuvs, it bores me unless I'm assigned to heal a tank in which case I keep up rejuv, regrowth, and 1 lifebloom 90% of the time while using nourish when needed.

It's also sometimes essential to my raid because we only have at most 1 spot healer other than me. Our raid usually consists of:

2(3) resto druids (3 if they need me to heal)
    (1)2 holy priests
    (1) resto shaman

I would fill in the person with the parenthesis that can't show up. Also one of the resto druids is also a heavy nourish user if I'm not around. x)

So it depends on her healstyle. She may like using nourish frequently like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalmar
    I personally don't like the 4pc set. Some of us don't like using rejuv so frequently. For me, I really like using wild growth and nourish. I just can't stand the drudgery of rolling rejuvs, it bores me unless I'm assigned to heal a tank in which case I keep up rejuv, regrowth, and 1 lifebloom 90% of the time while using nourish when needed.

It's also sometimes essential to my raid because we only have at most 1 spot healer other than me. Our raid usually consists of:

2(3) resto druids (3 if they need me to heal)
    (1)2 holy priests
    (1) resto shaman

I would fill in the person with the parenthesis that can't show up. Also one of the resto druids is also a heavy nourish user if I'm not around. x)

So it depends on her healstyle. She may like using nourish frequently like me.
    Druids spam rejuv because it puts out the most healing. when in naxx with t7 we spammed nourish. It all depends on our gear and talent changes really.. Right now we have a resto druid filler running with us and he's an avid nourish spammer and we all see how much it hurts his healing. there are other classes with Soild healer..we don't really need to use them.

Druids spam rejuv because it puts out the most healing. when in naxx with t7 we spammed nourish. It all depends on our gear and talent changes really.. Right now we have a resto druid filler running with us and he's an avid nourish spammer and we all see how much it hurts his healing. there are other classes with Soild healer..we don't really need to use them.
    Some of us aren't blessed with a perfect raid comp. We are thankful if our resto shaman can make it and that's where I usually come in to heal most of the time. They know I'm a good spot healer. Yes there are other classes better tailored for certain roles but some guilds don't have the luxury of stacked healing groups.

Never at any point in druid history have druids been nourish spammers. In fact, nourish was so terrible in naxx that for tank healing we used regrowth with glyphed regrowth and completely ignored nourish.

Never at any point in time should a druid be a nourish spammer, unless you're tank healing. Swiftmend if you need to, nourish/regrowth if someone is in danger of dying even with a rejuv.

Im sitting with about 860 haste with 4pc t10... so no, no reason to not have it. (Thats with trauma hc so missing out on haste weapon stats).

I posted this on our guild forums for her to see, she replied with:

"Guys, I did my research and like I said before I could not use 4 piece and achieve the haste cap while needing to be specced in to Revitalize which is needed for the raid. Also, haste is incredibly important because it buffs Glyph of Rapid rejuv.

I do not mind you looking in to it on other forums, I am always open to constructive criticism! However my decision was not made ignorantly. Also, my armory shows the upgrades I got two days ago, which made a huge difference in my haste cap, which I am over now, thus being able to sufficiently use the 4-piece. :-)"

She could be right for all I know, I'm not a resto druid, but I'd like another opinion.

Deleted

Lol at the tools saying she is GS whoring, i really dont think she would be using that idol in that case

"Guys, I did my research and like I said before I could not use 4 piece and achieve the haste cap while needing to be specced in to Revitalize which is needed for the raid. Also, haste is incredibly important because it buffs Glyph of Rapid rejuv.

I do not mind you looking in to it on other forums, I am always open to constructive criticism! However my decision was not made ignorantly. Also, my armory shows the upgrades I got two days ago, which made a huge difference in my haste cap, which I am over now, thus being able to sufficiently use the 4-piece. :-)"

She could be right for all I know, I'm not a resto druid, but I'd like another opinion.

Rapid rejuv glyph is really poor for 25 man content imo, it drops the number of people you can heal down from 15 to 8-10 depending on your haste... most of that will go to overhealing. Perhaps the only encounter I can see it working well on is LK hm and perhaps putricide hardmode.

The main idea is to get 856 haste for the 1second GCD, above that haste isnt really worth that much.

She could easily get the crafted boots which have two yellow sockets and haste instead of crit, drop the intellect gems (Why would you gem intellect ?).

Get the t10 head and shoulder's and shes going to lose 74 haste, get the crafted boots and gem SP/haste and will easily hit the soft cap...

The 4pc is a huge buff to healing throughput. There is a way to spec into revitalize and CF, just tell her to spec out of Living Seed.

If your druid is a 25 m raid healer, rapid rejuv is only good for certain fights (Rotface for example). However, for a lot of fights like marrowgar and festergut and any aura fight, rapid rejuv is utter shit. Also, I call bullshit on not being able to use tier and maintain haste.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ul&cn=Kaloryth

This is my armory. I am in 4pt10, I am using heroic Trauma which has no haste on it. I'm even using crit bracers and I'm haste capped without the talent for 3% haste. Let's even assume she didn't have the gear for the haste. I call utter bullshit on what she's saying. Even with speccing into CF I can still spec into revitalize.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0VG0uohZZf0IubuxVuVcsVo

Here's a spec that includes revitalize and CF (which would allow her to have lower haste, around 700 something to reach the haste cap).

So if this person really has done her research, she hasn't done it well.

edit: I just noticed what the person above me mentioned. If she's complaining about not having enough haste, why is she gemming int. o_O