Assassination to Combat

So yeah, got bored of Assassination the other day and decided to spec to Combat. I haven't been combat since TBC (note: this is a new rogue I rolled since I restarted playing in Jan) so with all the ArP changes I wanna know what's wrong with my character? I can't turn back now (too lazy to farm) and I want to know what can I do to those orange slots, the spreadsheet is suggesting me 10agi/10hit but I know that I'm over the 315 hit cap and since my crit is a little lower than I was used to on Assassination... I also have 95 frost emblems and am very puzzled on to what piece should I upgrade... should I upgrade to 3p t10 for the oncoming 4p bonus? should I get the Primordial Saronite to craft the boots? I currently have 858 ArP well fed and do about 5k DPS on Heroic Dummy, is it enough? Any critiques, suggestions, questions are welcomed. Thank you for reading

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...der&cn=Evident

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Assassination to Combat

If the spreadsheet suggests it then do it. The hit "cap" isn't until the mid 700s. Any hit after that still helps. One of our rogues has 20 arp for red/blue sockets and 10agil/10hit for yellow sockets. It's not uncommon.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

the spreadsheet is constantly going to change your "orange" gems. I have a few 20ap/10haste, 20ap/10hit, etc. You are "slightly" under the expertise cap... using 10hit/10exp gems are the best to achieve this. Use maybe one or two.

As for frost badges... get the throwing weapon. Granted you lose exp., but then you can compensate that with more exp/hit gems (accurate ametrines). The 4p is a dps increase, but very minimal. Don't go out of your way to get it. If you want to get the 4p (which is roughly an added 50 dps increase according to spreadsheets I believe), get the helm, then chest.

More hit doesn't hurt. More hit = more offhand procs (for combat potency). Its value becomes less after the poison cap, but its still a good stat.

Ignore heroic dummy DPS. It can never judge true DPS - since you won't have any other buffs or debuffs on the boss.

Hope this helps.

I was starting to think you guys forgot about this thread :P so anyway, it's a little hard to get used to it now since Eviscerate doesn't automatically refresh SnD duration. Also, are the points in Blood Spatter worth it now along with the Rupture glyph? I find it hard to keep rupture and snd up the whole duration of a fight, or should I just go 5cp SnD/5cp Evis and repeat? I have tried throwing EA a few times with no 'real' dps increase or maybe it's just me... Oh and I still open up with garrote, damn you assassination!!!

remove garrote off your bars completely - because you won't ever need it for combat. My 1 key is sinister strike... in the event I do have to vanish, my 1 key as vanish is an un-stealth macro. Gives me the chance to keep pew-pewing and never try out anything else.

As far as rotation... there is no define rotation and it will always change with gear. Excluding our CD's (AR, BF, KS) - I open with two-three points... pop SnD... build up to 5 point rupture. Then watch your timers on rupt/SnD. When one begins to approach the 10-12 second range, dump your current points into an evis (could be 2-5 pts... whatever you are at)... then re-build to a 5 point with whatever runs out.

Granted its a pain if both sync... and they both expire at the same time or seconds apart. If this occurs - SnD takes priority... but I normally put in a 2-3 SnD and begin to pool my energy to 80/90... then right as SnD drops and before I reach 100 energy... pop that 2-3 SnD. Then re-build your rupture again.

Hmm... turns out this has become a lot harder to explain than expected. Just stick to these pointers:
    1) Never let energy hit 100
    2) Never let SnD drop
    3) Always use a 5 point rupture
    4) Its ideal to do a 5 point SnD (expect at the start), but its best to keep it active (so there are times you may need to do a lower point SnD).
    5) Evis should be considered, "hey... my rupture AND SnD are both up for 10-12 seconds or longer... these are my excess points".

Never use expose armor... every raid should have a warrior. If its not a tank - its a lesser RAID dps loss for a DPS warrior to do sunders than a rogue to do EA.

All of the above is considering the combat/rupture spec... glyphs: Rupture/KS/*. * = Tricks of the Trade is best for raid DPS increase. Some people use Sinister Strike... but I recently went with SnD as my third combat/rupture glyph - to minimize the randomness of SS glyph procs.

You could always just ignore the the combat/rupture spec and go combat/eviscerate spec (just 3 points switched around, and different glyphs... sorta). Then just spam 5 pt evis' and pop SnD whenever it drops. Much easier to maintain.

I personally use both depending on what fight it is.

Actually you don't use rupture anymore.

http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t37183-p...updated_3_3_a/

all you need to know
    forumz addict :>

Quote Originally Posted by CobraN
    Actually you don't use rupture anymore.
    Actually since 3.3.3 rupture is again viable in some fights, beating evis when you spec and glyph for it.