getting a new line

hi all, i need some advice.

i have moved from home due to work reasons, and now i live alone. im planning go make myself a new ADSL line, because internet keys just suck here (im kinda in the middle of the mountains, so the signal is not strong enough).

ADSL can reach my place, anyway the max speed should be 1Mb (instead of the 7Mb). is it enough to raid in WoW? dont mind having a little lag, i need not to crash every time i enter in a raid istance.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Re: getting a new line

Normal WoW+vent traffic is half of that 1Mb line at most, so it's more than enough. Problem might come from disconnects depending on telephone cables quality since you're living close to the maximum possible ADSL line length.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

ok, that's good^^

the cables also should not be a problem, because the central hub (dunno the proper english word XD) is just outside my house.

anyway, that's good news^^

Goes bit more technical, but there are few separate things that define the maximum speed of ADSL line.

Dumbing it down there's basically fiber optic cable coming from your telephone company to some big box where special router splits the line into plain old copper wires that goes to all nearby houses. Length of the fiber optic is not really limited, but the length of the copper cables from the router to your home is. ADSL line speed drops about 1mbit/sec for each 1km from the router, so at 8km (5mi) you're down to 1mbit maximum due to line quality.

If your telephone company sells only 1mbit even though you live next to the router you will have really good connection. If you get 1mbit only because the router is 8km away you might get disconnects due to poor line quality.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

1mbs is plenty of bandwidth for WoW and vent. As long as you are the only user on the network and nothing else is using your bandwidth you will not have problems.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

ok, thanks of the useful tips.

in my zone there are very few people, so i don't think i will have problems of bandwidth available. just as vesseblah said, i don't really know how far the router is, i know anyway that the router should be an old-type, so this is the cause the companies sells only 1Mb lines (like 200mt from my house there is another router, and the speed there is 7Mb, i'm confident my line should be plenty enough for playing)