Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: meta gem choices for holy

dunno if it was said before, but another criteria to prefer the insightful would be the requirements of the ember thing (3 reds doesn't sound that good for me)

there is no choice. You do it the right way with insightfull or wrong with everything else.

simple as that. it's math. 1 + 1 =2 not 4. it will always just be that way, you can't choose which math is better.

you have right or wrong. many things in wow is just pure math. there is right way to play and wrong way and different styles and that's up to interupt. but not the math part of the game. Insightful for healer, period.

Quote Originally Posted by darthceltic
    there is no choice. You do it the right way with insightfull or wrong with everything else.
    This couldn't be further from the truth, actually.

The question of which meta gem to use is just a bit more complicated than that. It all depends on what exactly you need your meta gem to do for you.

Obviously, Insightful Earthsiege Diamond is the correct choice IF you need the mana regen. Many healers will, especially while they are trying to upgrade their gear.

Not everyone will need the boatload of mana that the Insightful gem gives you, though. If, for whatever reason, the mana regen is superfluous, then Insightful Earthsiege Diamond is obviously the wrong choice.

If mana isn't an issue for you at all, then Ember Skyflare Diamond is a good choice for throughput, particularly for Flash of Light pallies (who will have lots of red and/or orange gems to activate it anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by sailorforce

The question of which meta gem to use is just a bit more complicated than that. It all depends on what exactly you need your meta gem to do for you.

Obviously, Insightful Earthsiege Diamond is the correct choice IF you need the mana regen. Many healers will, especially while they are trying to upgrade their gear.

Not everyone will need the boatload of mana that the Insightful gem gives you, though. If, for whatever reason, the mana regen is superfluous, then Insightful Earthsiege Diamond is obviously the wrong choice.

If mana isn't an issue for you at all, then Ember Skyflare Diamond is a good choice for throughput, particularly for Flash of Light pallies (who will have lots of red and/or orange gems to activate it anyway).
    That may sound reasonable intuitively, but in reality when people are asking questions about holy pallies, they mean HL-centric builds. FoL-spam is not a mainstream build, and is not advisable at all unless your raid already has an HL pally. The idea of gearing explicitly for throughput through spellpower is not compatible with HL in that HL itself already provides the throughput, and the entire point of your gearing is maximizing the frequency at which you can spam HL (i.e. efficiency), because the primary throughput stat is haste.

Deleted

insightful

Quote Originally Posted by sailorforce

nah, it's basically that way for all healers. The amount of regen you get from that meta far outweights the throughput you could get from any other meta. Allowing you to gem and chant and pick gear with more throughput on it if you need to while keeping the meta for regen.

no healer in proggression content can say "i never need regen" if so, you are not healing correctly or building the rest of your gear correctly. if you are clearing ulduar in 264 gear, sure, use whatever meta you want who cares.

Well alot of people don't realize the OPness of Seal of WisdomThe More mana you have,the more you get back from each melee swing .

Quote Originally Posted by o_0
    Well alot of people don't realize the OPness of Seal of WisdomThe More mana you have,the more you get back from each melee swing .
    If you're melee swinging on heroic mode bosses then you're playing with your tank's life.
    No, do not respond but for my content i can melee swing.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

Quote Originally Posted by FiveDkp
    If you're melee swinging on heroic mode bosses then you're playing with your tank's life.
    Melee swinging, nono. But judging for mana, yes. Still doesnt outweigh the mana gains from insightful. Youve got the proc and about only 50 mana lost per proc of SoW
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

Quote Originally Posted by FiveDkp
    And how's that? Just position yourself in melee, right-click the boss, and use mouseover-heals to heal people. As soon as you aren't casting (lots of mini-breaks in healing after all) you'll whack the boss and get some mana. If one actually targets people to heal then of course it's a far worse idea, but I didn't think anyone still did that nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkompetent
    And how's that? Just position yourself in melee, right-click the boss, and use mouseover-heals to heal people. As soon as you aren't casting (lots of mini-breaks in healing after all) you'll whack the boss and get some mana. If one actually targets people to heal then of course it's a far worse idea, but I didn't think anyone still did that nowadays.

Still quite not enough to be better than the manarestore regem.

Seal of Wisdom IS amazing and CAN be used more often than most of paladin realize, but a minor +int will never be better than a major +mp5. We gem int because it give us regen and some healing. There is a reason, we do not just stack it blindly. To use a +%int mana is mindless stacking.

Oh, I never ever said something about the metas. There exists no reason what so ever to use anything else than Isnightful Earthsige, no matter the spec. I only commented that it'd be silly not to be in melee getting SoW procs if the boss fight allows it.

I'm not sure where I read it, I'm pretty sure it was on EJ before they kind of.. vanished.
    But, I heard that you were supposed to use the 2% mana after obtaining Solace/Meteorite or Solace/Solace.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobley
    I'm not sure where I read it, I'm pretty sure it was on EJ before they kind of.. vanished.
    But, I heard that you were supposed to use the 2% mana after obtaining Solace/Meteorite or Solace/Solace.

And I belive that you missheard it.

Quote Originally Posted by Telric
    Let's squash this bug before it breeds.

Source

You're not going to reach 5,725 in WotLK. It's just not going to happen. Stick with Insightful.
    lets squash this bug before it breeds

x*0.02=21 solving gives x=1050

pls get a refund for your schooling, cuase it obviously failed you (btw 5725*0.02 = 114.5)

also insightful is still better just thought I'd make sure we all understand what 2% means (ie 2/100 or 0.02) and the gem reqs for insight is better (3 reds for ember)

10+ Year Old Account

i would go with insightful.

why? because you can use the http://www.wowhead.com/item=49110 for the meta requirement and Ember needs 3 red gems for it.

(I might be wrong because i don't play holy paladin)