Raiding and gear issue

Hello, I've not posted in the Paladin forums before. The Priest section is my usual haunt however I got myself up a Paladin alt and I need some help.

Now after a gruelling 1day 2hours /played at 80 I have this: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...land&cn=Cordam

However I'm in a bit of a bind now. This is the best gear I can get from Heroics / Emblems / Normals except for the shield from HoR (working on it but queues take around 10mins as a tank for that). With this gear, I have like 4795 GS, which means I am completely unable to get into anything. I did get together a ToC10 PuG earlier, but of course nothing dropped and when I looked closer, there are no upgrades for me in ToC10, only ToC25 for which I "don't have enough HP or GS".

I'm at a loss as to what to do. It's not an experience issue, http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nd&cn=Infernoa (1/012 25man HC) is my main, but of course PuG people don't know this.

Can anyone offer me any tips? I can't think of a way out of this gear paradox. My guild has hit some hard times recently and long story short we're doing a lot of PuGs recently, but the 10man ones are all in HC mode so guild isn't even an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann
    They thought for some reason I would be as viable for tanking as a soggy piece of toast, while a paladin or warrior would be an incredible fortress with cannons specially designed to hold threat.

Re: Raiding and gear issue

There are still some upgrades you could get from frost emblems (well, a lot actually, but of course without raiding ICC it takes forever to collect enough) or crafted ICC stuff.

But aside from that, I'm afraid there's not much you can do. If you don't find a pug taking you with them, or a guild run, then have fun tanking heroics endlessly... well, until Cataclysm.
    /thread

Thing you could do to increase your HP on this alt is to spend some time and get mining and JC up as profession or any other profession thats helpfull like Blacksmith or enchanting.
    Second I can only imagine that you use you Emblems on both your main and alt to get the orbs to get some crafting items.
    This would only help a little sadly, could do some onyxy maybe for the trinket?

dude i have an equally geared prot pally alt. I can tell you first hand that your gear/skillcap should be plenty to pug any toc and icc10 at least. Encounters are so ezmode atm with any decent heals and non-retarded dps, you will have no problem. As for all the morons who use GS as the "end all be all" /facepalm! they are 98% that tunnelvision DPS that dies from not moving. Just try to talk with some1 to let them understand your current gear situation and your "wow xp" on ur main. It sounds like u have a shitty server or simply are talking to the wrong people. Don't get discouraged by all these 12 yr old fuktards calling you "undergeared" or labeling u as a "baddie" based on your alt's gear--tell them to go eat a schlong.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

There are a few upgrades from ToC 10 for you - shield, ring, belt, boots, sword. You might want to start looking at loot tables a bit more closely.

If you have emblems and/or gold spare on your main, get the 264 tanking items made.

We 15-manned ToC25 earlier. Let a pug that doesn't want to take you know that that's possible, and your gear is fine. It should shut them up.

Cheers guys. I hadn't noticed the ToC10 stuff, I'll take a look in a sec.

Also hadn't considered a prof, that's sure to net a bit more thank you Koffie.

Yeah frosts I'm working on, the trinket mostly. But as I said, only 1day ish at 80, I only have 27 I think so far :P.

I'm looking into trying to get Pillars and Knightly Upheaval made, but I need to find another source of def then. As you can see I'm pretty much on the spot (5.66 crit reduction) and I'd like more as it is. (539 def, +0.16 from shoulder enchant resillience). I guess shoulder enchant and gems could make it up. I'll have to see how my AH ventures go this week, only been making a few K each week which covered the craftables I currently have.

EDIT: Boots are an upgrade, belt too. However the rest isn't except the shield which is something I am currently working on. Thanks for the advice anyway.
    They thought for some reason I would be as viable for tanking as a soggy piece of toast, while a paladin or warrior would be an incredible fortress with cannons specially designed to hold threat.

The problem is that even if you DO explain all this stuff to the pug, there is a better tank available 95% of the time (with better I mean better gear in this case, because experience shouldn't be an issue any more).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the OP is bad, neither do I use gearscore or similar sh*t, but there is no reason for a pug to invite a tank with heroic/emblem gear when they could have one in ICC stuff instead.

And I also have a (slighty better geared) tank, facing the same problems...
    /thread

Um since no one has pointed this idea out,...Your guild can clear LK 25, Have then carry you threw Icc 10 and Toc25.
    There you go easy epics.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Yeah thing is, a while ago our GM/RL committed suicide, we were fine for a while and made even faster progress but it all fell to shit last week with our 2 MTs leaving the guild. So currently we aren't doing much. It'd be quite hard for me to try and persuade people who did ToC endlessly to get Realm First! Grand Crusader to take me back to gear me up :P.

As I said, the ICC10 runs we do are all HC, which I attend on my Priest most of the time.

Ah I see well then Farm reg Toc with a few patient people for the stam trinket off the last boss and when you get 50 frost get the cape. Other then that just do alot of Toc 10 for the sheild/sword and other things you need from there and you dhoulf be good for Icc 10 runs.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Yeah got the stam trinket today took ages >_<.

I was thinking of going for the Stam trinket from Frost Emblems first because although it might not be the est EH boost (haven't worked it out, though it probably is), it'll boost my HP by a further 1,400ish.

It took me forever to get over that hump. It sucks but if you put up with it, you'll find yourself coming into gear soon enough. I've recently started putting together pug 10ICC's with a dk buddy of mine tanking along side me. ToC25 has been a pain for me, haven't been getting any drops, as you can see some of my gear is still pretty far behind, but I find I'm getting into groups more readily.

http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone...as&name=purusa

Also don't forget to get your VoA's done each week, and keep grinding those Frost emblems.

Yes, I'm still level 80. No I don't have cataclysm.

I would jsut liek to add that GS is crap and you can easily do at least the first 4 bosses with the entire grp not being retarded and eveyrone in 4500G or less even if there good. Unfortunatly my server also weighs everything so heavilg on GS that im also having trouble doing anything on my warrior tank who is a 5kGS but has the acheive for the first wing down the 3rd day icc was luanched (which i tanked btw),but yet according to ppl on my server 5.2k GS is minimum or its impossible to tank,heal,or pull over 3k dps.. . P.S.- my server is horrible all the pugs fail on toc10 and most ppl on it with a 5.8k GS pull a whopping 5k dps =p