Shaman healer mana.

Well since i don't know how to ask for the "blue tracker" questions which might get answered by some blizzard developers i decided to post it here.

Well my question is:

1.Do you think Shaman healer mana is fine at the moment?

2.Do you think the manacost of healing spells are fine?

3.Do you think Shamans are fine with one "mana-regain" ability which gives them a fairly small amount of mana back while having an enormous cooldown(Mana tide totem) which can be very easily destroyed even if shielded with Stoneclaw totem?

4.What is your point of view on shaman utility as opposed to what it used to be(we all remember the famous warrior+windfury totem mayhem in the first few seasons of arena)?

5.If you don't think the mana-re gain of shamans is fine do you have any ideas for some new mana regaining abilities/spells(for example i played Warcraft 3.The Frozen Throne the other day and it instantly popped into my mind when playing the Orcs....why not make "Spirit Walk" in that fashion?

I mean Priests have 2 mana regaining abilities(Hymn of Hope and Shadowfiend) which tops them back off more or less,Druids have one but if glyphed gives back a huge amount of mana back,Paladins have Seal of Wisdom(yes,smart paladins actually do melee targets to get mana back since it gives like 3k+ mana per hit) and Divine Plea.

6.Do you think shaman(resto only tbh) survivability is fine? If not are there any changes you have in store for it?

As i was saying about the "spirit walk" thingy under question number 5 i was thinking of it as a Shadowpriest's dispersion,reduce damage taken by X% and giving back Y% of total mana back.

Or another thing i thought of the other day to help ease off pressure off a friendly target-Spirit Link(pretty much the same as Soul Link of a warlock and his pet or Hand of Sacrifice of a Paladin)

I have played at some higher rating with a shaman and any setup that focused him he could die within a matter of seconds and there was nothing he could do about it since the only cooldown he can use is Nature's Swiftness(Priests have Pain Suppression,Druids have Nature's Grasp which kind of lowers pressure off him for a second or two which can be vital in arena,Swiftmend and Nature's Swiftness,Paladins have bubble.)

Also another thing i happened to see while playing 2v2 with the same shaman as shaman/warrior i happened to notice that any double dps setup with a mage it's a free win for them since i take a frost nova and in those 10 seconds he dies so to that i put my last question and apologize for the gigantic wall of text:

7. Do you think shaman healers need a "dispell magic" spell?

To all the people in the forum-This is just a suggestion i wanted to make a change,not saying it should be like it. Flame me if you want,call me a noob if you want,but please put your honest opinion here instead of random stuff like "lol,shamans are fine n00b". Thank you for reading and hopefully replying.

Re: Shaman healer mana.

Resto shamans are fine, they got totems and awesome burst healing.

What they are lacking is a defensive tool except NS thats on a 2 min CD, luckely the game isnt balanaced around 1on1, so theres usaly some there to peel.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenithar
    I mean Priests have 2 mana regaining abilities(Hymn of Hope and Shadowfiend) which tops them back off more or less,Druids have one but if glyphed gives back a huge amount of mana back,Paladins have Seal of Wisdom(yes,smart paladins actually do melee targets to get mana back since it gives like 3k+ mana per hit) and Divine Plea.
    Just to make it clear hymn of hope does only give you mana as long your mana is lower than 3 other team mates and it requires you to channel for (up to) 8 seconds.

If talking arena for hymn of hope to be useful you're of some reason not putting out enough pressure if the priest can get more than a single tick of it from there, and shadow fiend is just like your totem easily destroyed (or in case of shadowfiend controlled) to many priests shadow fiend is used for that extra bit of damage when trying to burn someone down.

Quote Originally Posted by Pozz
    Just to make it clear hymn of hope does only give you mana as long your mana is lower than 3 other team mates and it requires you to channel for (up to) 8 seconds.

If talking arena for hymn of hope to be useful you're of some reason not putting out enough pressure if the priest can get more than a single tick of it from there, and shadow fiend is just like your totem easily destroyed (or in case of shadowfiend controlled) to many priests shadow fiend is used for that extra bit of damage when trying to burn someone down.
    All i can say is good luck doing "enough" pressure against skilled RMP's to make him not finish the whole channel. Same goes for spellcleaves-in LoS=globaled,outside LoS=ok and alive.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zenithar
    7. Do you think shaman healers need a "dispell magic" spell?
    I believe Purge should be castable on both friend and foe alike, removing buffs from enemies while cleansing magic debuffs on friendly targets.
    Dreadmaul US Horde - "Dragonsworn of the Bronze Flight"

why are you comparing classes' mana regen by amount of spells they have?
    just put it this way: paladins reg a crazy amount of mana with plea, 25%max mana every minute, manatide totem only gives around 25% in 5 minutes
    so plea is 5 times better.

oh and manatide is not weak because it could easily be destroyed, divine plea can be dispelled as well

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatenapfel
    just put it this way: paladins reg a crazy amount of mana with plea, 25%max mana every minute, manatide totem only gives around 25% in 5 minutes

oh and manatide is not weak because it could easily be destroyed, divine plea can be dispelled as well
    Yeah and Mana Tide totem gets ofc protected same good as Divine Plea by many buffs and Dispell resistance and ofc Paladin don't have higher mana pool.

Stop with the drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatenapfel

Absolutely true,but you are forgetting one thing. Mana tide totem is much weaker for the mana regain plus it's much easier disposed off(one judgement from an average(relentless) geared paladin and it dies while opposed to it the paladin can just LoS so Plea isn't dispelled. It's a lot different. And playing on 2.1k-2.2k MMR in the worst bracket there is(2v2 ofc) i always see the other healer running to kill the mana tide since they know it's an instant win if he does it,and the same goes for 3v3. 2.4k hp on the "most needed" totem is just silly in my mind.