Thread: drinking in pvp

drinking in pvp

how can some classes drink water in pvp?
    i know if there is a mage in the team they can but today i was fighting agains rogue/priest and the priest started drinking, how they do that?

Re: drinking in pvp

You can buy '' PvP water'' costing 12 honor per stack of 20 at the goblins in Dalaran sewers where you buy PvP gear (the one in mage gear)

10+ Year Old Account

It's not that hard, you just have to get out of combat. As a healer isn't not that hard to go out of combat, just don't heal (I think healing someone who is in combat will put you in combat, not sure) for a couple of seconds and make sure you don't get attacked.
    Forget everything you know about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergall
    You can buy '' PvP water'' costing 12 honor per stack of 20 at the goblins in Dalaran sewers where you buy PvP gear (the one in mage gear)
    k ty didnt know that u can use them in area

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana
    It's not that hard, you just have to get out of combat. As a healer isn't not that hard to go out of combat, just don't heal (I think healing someone who is in combat will put you in combat, not sure) for a couple of seconds and make sure you don't get attacked.
    thats not the thing, some sort of waters cant be used in area

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana
    Healing someone in combat will put you in combat.
    And yes, healers can buy water tat restores mana.
    Only Drink+Food combo is mage biscuits.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jubix
    Healing someone in combat will put you in combat.
    However, if you are smart you wait till you are out combat and start casting a heal and smash on the drink key while casting. You can land the heal and start drinking allowing you a few extra seconds of drink before having to spam heal again.

Also if you are a druid you can go in cat form, hit drink, and then stealth and get a full drink off without anyone seeing you.

There are two threads like this on the front page

Quote Originally Posted by Chimpzilla
    However, if you are smart you wait till you are out combat and start casting a heal and smash on the drink key while casting. You can land the heal and start drinking allowing you a few extra seconds of drink before having to spam heal again.

Also if you are a druid you can go in cat form, hit drink, and then stealth and get a full drink off without anyone seeing you.
    If you really need to heal badly, this won't help. Drinking requires 6 (?) seconds before kicking in, so it's almost impossible to drink while there is pressure on your team. Unless of course you play mage/priest where the mage can keep both opponents off your back long enough for you to drink 50%+ mana
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

I'd imagine all classes would need a good stiff drink to put up with the annoyance that is pvp

"It turns out the only signature he needed was my fist! ... But with a pen in it ... that i was signing with."

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    If you really need to heal badly, this won't help. Drinking requires 6 (?) seconds before kicking in, so it's almost impossible to drink while there is pressure on your team. Unless of course you play mage/priest where the mage can keep both opponents off your back long enough for you to drink 50%+ mana

Either you need to drink or you need heal. You gotta make the decision. The suggestion I made provides you a chance to toss and big heal and hopefully get to drink in a situation where you normally didn't. Not to mention it doesn't matter what comp you are playing as and smart player can get few ticks off. I've sat and drank right in the middle of fighting people before. If you play a tree druid people don't even notice whether you are drinking or just standing there half the time. I stopped playing 2s a while ago, but our druid drinks plenty in 3s. He say's "hey I'm going to drink" and our ele shaman watches our health bars for a few. Our druid can even toss a regrowth out right before he drinks too.

If you drink open field and the enemy team doesn't notice, it sounds to me liek "hai guiz, this workz on 1300, wai not hairaiting?"
    I rarely if ever let my opponents drink, or if they do they catch a sap for their efforts and get rewarded by a dead partner.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

I'm sorry but it works just fine. Sure you get interrupted for it sometimes, but if your teammates let a rogue restealth and open on your drinking healer your doing it wrong. Maybe that works in 1300s, but the second I see a rogue go stealth mid fight ill be intervening my healer.

What battlegroup are you playing on, that you can drink open field? Gladius alone spouts out a fat warning "XY IS DRINKING" and, well, we aren't excactly blind. Btw, you can see my ratings in my sig. (Yes, sapping after a drink only works 1 out of 10 times, but I don't restealth, I vanish. Most healers seem to assume I want to keep them in combat, but vanish => sapping they somehow don't expect)

Quote Originally Posted by Hegar
    I'd imagine all classes would need a good stiff drink to put up with the annoyance that is pvp
    You sir, win the internet.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

I play in the US Shadowburn BG (although I have a druid on Tichondrius too). My ratings aren't quite as high as yours however my 3s team is currently around 2050 with a 2200 mmr (playing with a buddy who just RAF'd a druid) and I have posting rights on Arena Junkies. In other words, I'm not playing at really low brackets and in a somewhat decent BG. I also used to play 2 different druids before switching to my warrior. One night elf and one tauren, and my other lvl 80 is a mage. I have lots of experience getting drinks off in arenas.

I'm well aware that a big flashing raid warning gets brought up on my screen when someone is drinking. I'd figure as someone who was playing at higher ratings (especially as PMR) you'd understand how to coordinate resets that allowed your healer to get some ticks of a drink off. I'm not saying that you can always just sit and drink in the middle of people without consequence, but drinking doesn't become irrelevant at higher ratings either.