10+ Year Old Account

Newby JC! advice please?

SO;
    after a couple days of torture and penny-pinching, i've maxed JC (finally, i've wanted to for months, never got round to it)
    but it seems it doesnt end there, getting enough recipis to do decent business, let alone satisfy my own cutting needs looks like it's gonna take months :S

my question is, is there a quicker/cheaper way to grind recipes, rather then dailies, which is one recipe every 4 days, or prospecting titanium (works out as ~10stacks or titanium ore per recipe, MASSIVE money sink)
    is this it? or am i missing something?

thanks, Kaga.
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

Re: Newby JC! advice please?

I'm sitting on 90k gold made entirely from prospecting and selling uncut epics/blue gems.

I have never felt the need to hustle trade for tips. And the only cuts I have are ones I use on various alts.

Also dont complain about recipies being a gold sink, JCing is the MOST profitable profession out

Am I doin' it right??

You can get certain Designs through heroics, and some might drop as a random world drop. But these are not epic cuts, only blue cuts.
    You can also get Damaged Necklaces and complete the quest in order to gain a mark. The necklaces may be quite expensive though

Other than that I can't think of any other ways to obtain the Designs.
    If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

10+ Year Old Account

Ah ty, forgot about the necklaces I'll keep an eye out for good deals I've seen them sell as low as 100g, whereas 10 raw powders is usually 300 and for 2.5 sacks of titanium ore... Well that goes for shtheaps
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaga
    works out as ~10stacks or titanium ore per recipe, MASSIVE money sink
    It's actually not that bad. Obviously you need to have a gold base to work with, but you buy the Titanium Ore, prospect it, keep the Powder, cut the Epic gems and sell them, sell the lesser gems. If you have an Alchemist, you can use some of the gems to transmute Earthsiege and Skyflare Diamonds to sell.

As you aren't guaranteed any set number of Epic gems per stack of Ore, you may take a slight loss now and then, but in general you should actually make a profit per stack, even when you keep the Powder. At the very least your cost by doing it this way is minimal to obtain the powder. If you sell the Powder, you are definitely making a profit.

For my servers economy, I try and buy the Ore stacks at 200g or less, if I get 1 epic gem per stack I should get close to breaking even, should I get two, I'm definitely making a profit.

In short, that's it.

The Necklace is usually the cheapest option, but remember it gives one token and you need 4 for an epic cut.

It just takes time to get the cuts. If it's purely for a money making, you'll have the most important ones in a few weeks.

Unless you plan to turn over a massive amount of gems (and by that I mean, have a huge amount of capital to begin with) you're not going to see some mysterious magical influx of gold from grinding out a bunch of patterns.

Gets designs (the ones that sell the most of each colour).Buy all saronite in the world.Prospect.Cut the blue,auction the green or make green pieces for DE.Sell all.Profit!! ;D
    Buy uncut epic gems.Cut.Sell.Profit ;D
    Don't bother with trade too much time consuming.

Damn how could I forget about skyflares.Sell them wisely don't overflood the market with these.

it's not like you need more than 5? recieps to make gold as some never sell, so get SP/STR, STAM, HASTE and i think those are the best sellers and you can sell any amount as for other colours just sell them uncut.

Hit for yellow are selling for good money and they are in demand.

I would tell you to buy the ones YOU use 1st and cut a few extra and throw them on the AH. Do your daily everyday, buy a new recipe when you can.

In the last week, my first week of doing this, I made about 20k. I only have about 10 epic gem cuts, scattered around all the colors of gems.

I am sure that there are others out there who can/have/will make more than that, but I spent a total of about 10 minutes a night cutting, posting, checking for undercuts per night.