Looking for a holy focus macro

On my pally alt the biggest problem I have is remembering to keep sacred shield and beacon of light on the tank i'm focused on. I have a cooldown timer and i keep pretty good watch on the tank, but when having to also cast judgement of light on the boss and then having to re-click on the tank to recast these two spells. I've seen the useful macro for pallies on wowwiki and I'll probably use the assist macro for using judgement of light, but I'd love to find/be given a macro that will allow me to cast sacred shield and beacon of light on my focus target but so far I haven't been able to get one to work. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Looking for a holy focus macro

/cast [target=focus] Sacred Shield

/cast [target=focus] Beacon of Light

These should work

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Feels strange, shouldn't you have sacred shield on the one spamming and beacon on the other tank?feels kinda useless having both on the same target.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Banan
    Feels strange, shouldn't you have sacred shield on the one spamming and beacon on the other tank?feels kinda useless having both on the same target.
    what you can do is change focus to whatever the specific players name is. You'll have to change it a lot, but unless you use a mouseover macro or healbot or grid it's really your only option.

Also to the OP, I would recommend using focus rather than assist for you judgement macro just on the off chance you're healing someone other than the tank when you hit the button.

Quote Originally Posted by kiliaan
    On my pally alt the biggest problem I have is remembering to keep sacred shield and beacon of light on the tank i'm focused on. I have a cooldown timer and i keep pretty good watch on the tank, but when having to also cast judgement of light on the boss and then having to re-click on the tank to recast these two spells. I've seen the useful macro for pallies on wowwiki and I'll probably use the assist macro for using judgement of light, but I'd love to find/be given a macro that will allow me to cast sacred shield and beacon of light on my focus target but so far I haven't been able to get one to work. Any help would be appreciated.
    Step 1: use grid type of healing addon
    Step 2: Get 5 button mouse
    Step 3: Bind sacred shield to mouse 4
    Step 4: Bind beacon to mouse 5
    Step 5: simply mouse over your intended targets in the healing raidframe addon for beacon/shield and click the right button

There are times when you won't want SS and beacon on the same target and your focus can change in an instant if the tank dies or the correct swap doesn't go down.

Simple solution.

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover, help][target=target, help][target=targettarget, help] Holy Light;Holy Light

Same with FoL, BoL, SS. Just use those macros and target the boss. Use judgement when needed, else use those macros so your tank will be healed / beaconed etc. If your focus is not the MT, do the same, but before casting say Holy Light, mouse over your focus.

I'm doing like that and it works perfectly good. Also, you should check BOLT (Beacon of Light Timer) addon (http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ght-timer.aspx). It tracks your timers on BoL, SS and JotP. You can also assign your primary target to these spells (except judgements), so when you see that one of them wears off, simply right click so it will be refreshed / recast without even selecting the target.

Hope it helps.

Get the Paladin Beacon of Light, Sacred Shield Tracker addon, and use mouseover-macros for sacred shield and beacon.

I use E key for sacred shield, shift-E for beacon.

Macro:
    Code:
    /cast [mod,@player][@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@targettarget,help,nodead][@focus,help,nodead][@focustarget,help,nodead][@player] Sacred Shield
    Always puts a sacred shield on something.

you should check BOLT (Beacon of Light Timer)
    This is indeed a ftw addon, check it and you will fall in passionate love with it