Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Tips to get that little extra dps

I don't remember claiming that 17/0/54 was better, I wouldn't claim that because it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    I don't remember claiming that 17/0/54 was better, I wouldn't claim that because it isn't.
    I mean prove frost is better. But what do you think is the better blood subspec though?

Quote Originally Posted by Daria Morgendorffer
    I mean prove frost is better. But what do you think is the better blood subspec though?
    I can't prove that frost is always better any more than you can prove that blood is always better. I haven't been able to make blood sim higher that frost though, I have used multiple gear sets representing everything between my current gear and bis. Gear is probably the deciding factor though, blood subspec works better at lower gear levels because of the stat bonuses, frost works better at higher gear levels because of the superior scaling. My sim data represented that, the gap between the specs increased as I increased the gear level that the sims were done with. As for blood subspec, 12/0/59 the best overall version of the spec. Icecrown gear has enough crit rating on it that eventually morbidity becomes better than dark conviction for single target damage, and you get the additional utility of a shorter dnd cooldown.

To stop these out of topic arguements about spec being better or worse, just think about the talents instead, it is very logical.

1) You lose 4% damage done in total, a chunk of AP, 2% crit of all abilities, 9% crit on SS and so on compared to:

2) Black Ice, stronger IT, more RP and all of that.

Bottom line, if you want more DPS, you need more skill. Any DK that has the skill compared to someone who has less skill will always get beaten by the more skilled one. Even on LK 25 HC..

And @ Hellnas; If you want to run around with 10 expertise, feel free to. I will still beat you on the DPS meters due to my expertise. OP asked for tips to increase DPS, and if he is dodge-capped, he will actually HIT the boss and not see "dodge" and lose a GCD of no damage (excluding dots etc etc). Just use your brain please.

On top of that, the amount of expertise items you run into ICC is just ridiculous. Cape, neck, rings, T10 legs, weapons. It isn't too hard to get capped and actually rely more on player skill then RNG and hope "omg i hope i dont' get parried again.."
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier10101
    Yep, humans went around in those days casting balls of nature and stars at each other, and healing each other on the battlefield with thrown leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

You have logged out without a weapon equipped.

0/17/54 is only better if you're using a proc weapon ie bryntroll.

has been already proven wrong, 0/17/54 its better even without a Proc weapon, by only 10-20dps but still better, and easy to manage on multyple targets fight, dont just read the first page, there is a lot of theorycraft on the last pages.

also a DK from my guild tried, "my optional" spec [0/17/54 2/5Necrosis - 3/3 Reaping - Non proc weapon], and his DPS increased by 50-60dps vs SubBlood.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Orange
    Due to the recent changes in patch 3.3.3. 0/17/54 is currently the best unholy build. And no, Glyph og Disease isn't for AoE builds only, lots of Death Knights use it (including me) simply because it will let you fit so many more Scourge Strikes, Obliterates or Death Strikes into your rotation during a boss fight

WRONG
    Frost rune + Unholy rune + Blood rune
    vs
    Frost Rune + Unholy rune + Blood rune

IT PS BS > Pest SS
    4.8k 5.25k 4.5k > 0k 13.5k
    14.55 > 13.5k
    [avg damage with 264 gear]
    also you get more Runic power using IT, PS, BS, and we have enought free GCD to worry about it.

so our best choices are:
    Dark Death
    Ghoul
    Icy Touch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Kpoof
    To stop these out of topic arguements about spec being better or worse, just think about the talents instead, it is very logical.

1) You lose 4% damage done in total, a chunk of AP, 2% crit of all abilities, 9% crit on SS and so on compared to:

2) Black Ice, stronger IT, more RP and all of that.

Bottom line, if you want more DPS, you need more skill. Any DK that has the skill compared to someone who has less skill will always get beaten by the more skilled one. Even on LK 25 HC..

And @ Hellnas; If you want to run around with 10 expertise, feel free to. I will still beat you on the DPS meters due to my expertise. OP asked for tips to increase DPS, and if he is dodge-capped, he will actually HIT the boss and not see "dodge" and lose a GCD of no damage (excluding dots etc etc). Just use your brain please.

On top of that, the amount of expertise items you run into ICC is just ridiculous. Cape, neck, rings, T10 legs, weapons. It isn't too hard to get capped and actually rely more on player skill then RNG and hope "omg i hope i dont' get parried again.."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0/17/54 is superior to any other unholy spec, doesnt matter if you have a Proc or Non-Proc weapon.
    ( unless you want a bit of agrro reduction 1/17/53 )

its not 4% damage done in total(only apply to mele damage, so no Diseases, Gargoyle, Ghoul, Death Coil,,,),, +/-500Ap Avg,,, 2%crit,, and 9%crit SS/BS ( do you remember that the more crit you have the less efective it become? )

VS

15% dmg IT,, 30RP,, 20% Haste(stack with windfury, etc),, 4% Str,,, Free Interrupts,,, 10% more magical damage,,, ( 20% haste to Gargoyle/Ghoul +4% extra Str as well)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expertice suck for Unholy Dks and thats a fact, we have plently of free GCDs to worry about Dodges( lol parry ), but that doesnt mean we should avoid it, but isnt our priority.

Just use your brain please.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back on Topic, get "Tektonic_Attack_Power", to manage you'r Gargoyle, and BS vs DC priority, usually i pop my Gargoyle when my AP reach 12-13k, with 8k-9k BS over DC, 10k+ DC over BS.

with lesser gear im pulling 10.4k DPS on static fights. (not even a 251 trinket )

sorry for my english i hope you guys understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

One little strategy I've picked up on fights where Army is useful off the pull: Just before the pull, drop a Death and Decay and immediately summon your army. This will put all your runes on CD, activating 4p T10 for the start of the fight.

Make a gargoyle macro to use when Bloodlust/Heroism is Popped:

#showtooltip Summon Gargoyle
    /use Potion of Speed
    /cast Blood Fury (for orcs, obvi)
    /cast Summon Gargoyle

Most unholy DK's fail to use the proper opener in fights. Make sure you Plague Strike first, activating Rage of Rivendare, rather than Icy Touching first. This will lead to a DPS increase.

Please link me the post that conclusively proves that 0/17/54 is always worse than any of the blood subspec variations when you are not using a proc weapon.
    http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t72364-u...beautiful_day/

So ya, do some research before you start spewing out random things and say its facts

Bring potions, and pop one before and during the fight.
    If you're Unholy, bring food for your pet.

I tried the flavor-of-the-week frost sub-spec. I found it to be notably worse than the blood sub-spec. I use Shadow's Edge. I'm aware of the sims, I'm aware of the theorycraft, and I'm aware of how to play my class. After being (gasp) beaten on DBS, I promptly respec'd to the blood sub-spec and dominated the meters again. However, since we recruited another DK to cover the Unholy debuff, I'm finally able to respec DW frost. w00t.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    All you're really going to gain is a slightly higher rank on world of logs, which is fine if that's what you're into. You know what I'm into? AFKing in dalaran while hot bitties swoon around me and my good looks.

Getting bad numbers in a single fight doesn't make the spec bad, rng happens.

:-[ Wow, im embarrassed, i totally did not have my weapon equipped... :-[
    I logged back in and put on my shadow's edge and then logged back out.
    And i am using 14/0/57 because ej says that it is best with 2p t10 and without a proc weapon.

so if the people from EJ jump off a bridge...
    The sim is correct, it isn't generally well known but war token really is a six thousand dps increase over deaths choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericdaroude
    so if the people from EJ jump off a bridge...
    You probably should too, because they're better than you and have all sorts of ways to prove it.
    Armory available upon request, but here is a small preview:
    It is better than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by SC2 Beta Key
    You probably should too, because they're better than you and have all sorts of ways to prove it.
    You win, sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    All you're really going to gain is a slightly higher rank on world of logs, which is fine if that's what you're into. You know what I'm into? AFKing in dalaran while hot bitties swoon around me and my good looks.

Quote Originally Posted by SC2 Beta Key
    I loled so hard. And yes you should do what they do because they are much better than you

Also to clarify for you new people to EJ, the stuff on the first post is proven theorycrafting. Anything after that is just theory crafting that hasn't been proven yet

Quote Originally Posted by Galthor
    http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t72364-u...beautiful_day/

So ya, do some research before you start spewing out random things and say its facts
    another one that just ready the first post from EJ, do some research before you start spewing out random things and say its facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

To gain dps increase? Go frost dw. Last changes to tree are huge increase to personal dps. I've been unholy since patch 3.2 and i recently spec'd to frost because i like the playstyle more. I've seen over 600dps increase on fights like saurfang and festergut. And this is without the zone-wide buff. For unholy i used brynntroll the skillarbiter and for frost i use 2x251ilvl weapons and i still beat my unholy dps. Also when people saying that getting expertise capped isnt increase they are wrong. Most of our dmg comes from physical attacks in both 17/0/57 and 0/17/54. So what ya think is it good thing that boss dodges or parries our strikes?

EDIT: Also in my opinion people trust too much on sims over personal experience these days.

Few things I find very helpful.

1. Haste / Indestructible pots - Popping a Indestructible pot pre-pull is extra dps (assuming you are sticking with blood sub spec) and haste pot before popping your garg. I personally just use a haste pot pre pull and during the fight.
    2. Spiced Mammoth Treat - Should use this for every single fight, most people tend to forget about this.
    3. AoTD - Ask your tank to give you a count down before pulling.
    4. 10 str / 10 crit gems - Assuming you have a socket bonus of 4 + str and have a yellow socket, use this gem in there.
    5. Run speed enchant - Very helpful than most people think.

Now I personally haven't had a chance to test out 0/17/54 (on vacation and no access to my gaming comp) but I would suggest to test it out. Good luck bud.