15+ Year Old Account

Leggings of Painful Death worth buying when Frost specced?

Okay, so I just got a free 10k gold from a Battered Hilt drop, and I thought I'd spend them somewhere.
    Either I could go for the Leggings of Painful Death or a DMC: Greatness I guess, but I don't know if the Leggings will be worth it since then I'd lose out on the expertise of the t10 legs (as stated in the topic I'm Frost). On the other hand I don't think I'd be able to get any of the other really good trinkets any time soon, since my guild doesn't raid ICC25.

Right now I'm using Banner of Victory and the triumph badge trinket.

Any suggestions on how I should do?

Okay, here is my armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...We+do+NOT+heal
    Why there is a bad blue socket in my belt I do not know, I'll replace it asap.

Re: Leggings of Painful Death worth buying when Frost specced?

Quote Originally Posted by Snoogle
    Okay, so I just got a free 10k gold from a Battered Hilt drop, and I thought I'd spend them somewhere.
    Either I could go for the Leggings of Painful Death or a DMC: Greatness I guess, but I don't know if the Leggings will be worth it since then I'd lose out on the expertise of the t10 legs (as stated in the topic I'm Frost). On the other hand I don't think I'd be able to get any of the other really good trinkets any time soon, since my guild doesn't raid ICC25.

Right now I'm using Banner of Victory and the triumph badge trinket.

Any suggestions on how I should do?
    Link your current armory, please.

it would help if we can see a armory

keep your gold, run icc25 and toc25 gdkp.

Spend your gold on any upgrades you might need.

get a DMC:Greatness at least.

go to a 25toc gdkp run and buy a DC, and some weapons. Everything goes extremely cheap now days.

15+ Year Old Account

Thing is guild doesn't run TOC25 either :-\ , that's why I'm wondering, because if I had a bigger chance to get Death's Choice I'd go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Humantipperr
    go to a 25toc gdkp run and buy a DC, and some weapons. Everything goes extremely cheap now days.
    DC went for 24k in the last toc GDKP run I went to, you'd be surprised what people are still willing to pay for them.

Personally if I were you I'd buy

DMC:G and http://www.wowhead.com/item=50453 (sorry I dont know how to properly link an item)

CAPS LOCK means I'm angry!

If you're bent on being Frost I would aim for the tier legs. By the time you get yourself suited in some T10 gear/ICC weapons you may be wondering where all your expertise went. Tier legs are an easy way to boost it. As it stands right now I'm main-spec Unholy and I use non-tier legs in that spec. When I go frost I switch into full 5 piece T10, switching my legs with the tier ones to make the expertise cap.

In short, I would save that gold and start looking to loading up on frost badges for T10 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Basement Dweller
    If you're bent on being Frost I would aim for the tier legs. By the time you get yourself suited in some T10 gear/ICC weapons you may be wondering where all your expertise went. Tier legs are an easy way to boost it. As it stands right now I'm main-spec Unholy and I use non-tier legs in that spec. When I go frost I switch into full 5 piece T10, switching my legs with the tier ones to make the expertise cap.

In short, I would save that gold and start looking to loading up on frost badges for T10 gear.
    grab the tier 10 legs, you'll need the expertise.

you dont NEED the expertise till your trying to min/max the BiS gear, queen neck badge cape + gems/chants/racial exp.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Area+52&cn=Memm

Quote Originally Posted by Basement Dweller

you know as frost you only need 21 expertise rating. So why would you bump your expertise higher when in reality you need lower expertise as frost...

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Juster
    you know as frost you only need 21 expertise rating. So why would you bump your expertise higher when in reality you need lower expertise as frost...
    Hi, you're completely wrong.
    21 expertise rating gives you less than 3 expertise. At any rate, even if you meant "21 expertise," that's still the same amount you need from gear as Unholy, and one more than you need as Blood. See Veteran of the Third War and Rage of Rivendare.

Also, Leggings of Painful Death are the BiS legs outside of Heroic 25 ICC for Frost, just as they are for Blood and Unholy.