Thread: need help

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

need help

so i just hit 80 on my lock the other day its my first caster ive ever played i understand whats stats to go for what etc. what i dont understand is why i have no burst damage, if someone can help or maybe my rotation is wrong i dont know heres my armor
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...r&cn=Moardotzz
    my rotation is SB haunt UA cor coa sb in down time and reapply as necessary and im farming mats to get my profs up but any help would be appreciative

Re: need help

Well, you gear really isn't bad, but if you're looking for general guidelines for gearing, get hit cap, and then get spell power and haste. Crit and spirit are good too, but don't go out of your way to get it. Always gem either Runed Cardinal Ruby for something with a red slot or a bonus of less than 5 Spell Power, and Reckless or Purified for meta reqs and socket bonuses. If you're using a MH/OH I'd get Black Magic, but since you have a staff, get 81 SP.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

yeah im hit capped with my 3 points in supression and sp haste i figured but as affllic is there no burst at all? should i try a different spec out if im tryin for burst damage on like a fester guy style fight or just roll with my dots as they will tick me up the charts it just takes a while

15+ Year Old Account

Black Magic as enchant is extremly debated and the majority would not suggest affliction using it, me incl.
    Anyways, there is a perfectly fine sticky Raid Compendium, suggest you check it out. Unlike threads like this the answers you will get are more solid in terms of being well established and most commonly agreed to. Threads with random answers are more likely to be a gamble. Maybe the answers you get are right, maybe they are from a complete retard.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-wa...3-(all-specs)/
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by bobsmith06
    should i try a different spec out if im tryin for burst damage on like a fester guy style fight
    Since when do you need burst for Festergut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

15+ Year Old Account

Not to be rude but OP you should read some raiding posts at EJ or here. All the questions you asked are answered as well as giving you an idea of the pros and cons of each spec. Affliction is not meant to be bursty, nor does it need any burst
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

oh i dont take it as being rude ive read the ej threads and its like im not tryin to look at numbers and shit i just want to know how to do the best dps with out kinda limpin up the charts like affliction and ill check out that thread