Gearing and Gemming Advice

So, I just recently started leveling up my warlock whom I raided with in BC. He is 76 right now and I've noticed raiding with locks a bit different than it used to be. I get the rotation and all and at 76 in 5man dungeons I usually pull 1600-1850 dps in demo spec. All I really wanna know is what the different specs and whatnot are putting all there stats into gem/enchant/gear. I am strongly thinking about raiding in demo spec at 80. Anything helps. =)

I am The Scourge - Play Free Online Games

Re: Gearing and Gemming Advice

Red: +23 SP
    Yellow: +12 SP/+10 Haste
    Blue: +12 SP/+10 Spirit

For Demo specifically you want to make sure you always gem for as much Spellpower as possible. Since Spirit gives .649 SP per point you should gem blue if a bonus is 5 SP or more. For yellows it's more complicated and you need to look up your personal DPS values and check to see at one point the personal DPS gain from haste is larger than the rDPS gain from more SP. In 25s it's almost never worth it. If a socket bonus is +7 SP or more it should be worth it, but sometimes it isn't. For any socket bonus you don't want use +23 SP.

Thanks for the advice and even more for the math, this really is gonna help out a lot. =D

I am The Scourge - Play Free Online Games

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40132#comments

i was just wondering about this... with the changes to lifetap would a better purple be spellpower/stam?... with all the aoe/add damage in icc and the newest 5 mans?...

15+ Year Old Account

stamina doesnt offer anything in pve, dont even think about it 8)
    if u gonne fill a blue socket for socketbonus its always and without exception spellpower/spirit.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Spirit was never taken in blue slots for mana returns anyway. It's just taken because of the spellpower gains, which haven't changed.