Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will you farm for Polymorph:Rabbit?

I have a baby Mage alt, only level 38, but she was actually the first alt I played around with. Anyways, with the Noblegarden holiday upon us, I figured it's now or never to get her that tome for later use, as it requires level 60 to learn. I've been treating her as a poorly-equipped bank alt for a while so one more thing to carry around won't hurt. I even got the pet, and Elegant Dress, two Blossoming Branches, and two of those Spring dress outfits whilst running around getting the 110 eggs necessary for the basket quest and the tome. And no I didn't camp them, I found it much faster and more fun to just do laps around Kharanos.
    So I was going to put a poll on here but I'm not seeing an option for it, so: are you farming for the tome for your mage? Do you already have it from last year? Or maybe you trained Polymorph at whatever level you get it at and you're happy with your sheep? Do you enjoy the fact that Blizzard has so many Polymorphs to choose from or do you see them as time/money sinks?

Edit: Ah, I see, you have to make a Poll topic not a regular one. Oh well.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Will you farm for Polymorph:Rabbit?

Already farmed it. It took me about 25 minutes running around Falconwing Square. I got all tomes except cat now, which I am likely to get now.

About Noble Garden. It's the worst world even blizzard ever came up with. Seriously, it's so boring I wanna rip my eyes out, good thing it's easy.

Continuation of rant: It's also great that you can get a 310% speed mount by running around hunting eggs and similar. Could at least put one or two challenging raid achievements for each event to make it well-earned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna
    Already farmed it. It took me about 25 minutes running around Falconwing Square. I got all tomes except cat now, which I am likely to get now.

About Noble Garden. It's the worst world even blizzard ever came up with. Seriously, it's so boring I wanna rip my eyes out, good thing it's easy.

Continuation of rant: It's also great that you can get a 310% speed mount by running around hunting eggs and similar. Could at least put one or two challenging raid achievements for each event to make it well-earned.
    So you think completing some scripted raid is any more difficult than a years worth of time involved for completing achievements? Some of which are a royal pain in the ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account

I did it on my Mage alt, only took me about 30-45 mins
    Proud Healer Since 2007
    "Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid."

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

I didn't farm it last year as I was getting the title for my 19 twink (this was before xp could be turned off so pretty hard to do). This year I'll be getting the mage his rabbit polymorph though. I enjoy the variety in polymorph spells, and hope they continue to add some more. I really wish the penguin wasn't a glyph myself, but I suppose that lets the younger mages have fun too.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna

Yeah man, everyone who spent a year grinding this achievement totally didnt earn it.

Got it last year along with everything else. So no, no farming for me.

Got it last year on my level 14 or so mage. A month later I deleted that mage as I never played it and wanted to neaten up my character login screen. :-\

Its kinda easy, atleast if you have the room for the chocolates ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus
    So you think completing some scripted raid is any more difficult than a years worth of time involved for completing achievements? Some of which are a royal pain in the ass.
    I love the scripted encounter response. Mainly because it's usually from people who don't have one, but claim PvE is easy. If it was easy as you like to make it out to be, -everyone- would be riding them, and raiding guilds wouldn't be making money selling them. Yet they also seem to lack a glad mount too, so basically it's just some whiny kid running his mouth on the interwebs.

Oh, and just like PvE content, the various requirements for each holiday title and thus the overall achievement have been continuously nerfed over the past year and a half with certain achievements either being made easier, or removed from a holiday's meta achievement altogether.

P.S. Many of the achievements only get easier as each year comes around as well, because there are less and less people needing it as each time goes by, or Blizzard learns their lesson and completely re-works a holiday, such as Love Is In The Air.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus
    None of the holiday achievements are difficult or time consuming, the amount of time it takes to complete every holiday achievement on multiple characters is less than the amount of time it would take to progress on even on end instance boss.

I got it last year.

i finished farming the 100 i had to eat and got my meta, im gonna wait a few days for all the egg hunters to either finish all their achievements or lose interest later in the week to get the 100 for my poly, im burnt out after farming like 300 eggs in a day
    Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23
    My guild leader once went
    "Brb baby is crying"
    5 mins later
    "Okay killed it"
    I lol'ed.

definitely worth farming. I would also like to comment that doing these achievements was more frustrating than getting my frostwyrm.

Deleted

Got it last year, along with all the other achievements. Feels so good not having to do the world events achievements this year

Got it last year when my mage was level 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Antik
    None of the holiday achievements are difficult or time consuming, the amount of time it takes to complete every holiday achievement on multiple characters is less than the amount of time it would take to progress on even on end instance boss.
    so you're saying you can't buy achievement mounts from raiding guilds for no effort at all?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Antik
    Totally agree with this.

My fiancee and I - both nursing impressive hangovers - still managed to grab the 'Noble' title yesterday with just a few hours of farming, despite not having bothered with any associated achievements in past years.

Noblegarden is even more straightforward than most World Events, due to the lack of group requirements and the fact that virtually every item needed for 'Noble' achievements can be purchased with easily farmed chocolate.
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

how often do you guys even use polymorph? i have just lvled 1-75 and i cant remember using it even 1 time
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv78rXLi64k <-- watch it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by goodzumber
    how often do you guys even use polymorph? i have just lvled 1-75 and i cant remember using it even 1 time
    Once you start pvping, you'll use it so much you won't remember when you weren't using it.