Thread: Unholy or Frost

Unholy or Frost

Ive been playing around with my dk and im wondering if frost is better than unholy.(DPS)
    I hear that for blood you need to have a certain gear requirment?
    I lvled my dk as frost from 60-70 then switched 2 blood (for the sol fact that it has ds in its rotation)

Im also not really a big fan of the ghoul and refresing the bone shield (Horn i can handle, but the bone shield in annoying.)

So really, is frost better?

This would be the weapons i would get http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44192#comments x2
    Opposed to http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41816 which i have as Unholy

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Unholy or Frost

If you go frost you have to watch for KM procs and Rime proc, so there is no set rotation for frost. While Unholy does have one. So if you dont like that then UH might be better for you. Now if you are lvl 80 and you can't keep Bone Sheild up for the 5mins then you have a crappy tank. If you're not 80 yet skip the BS tallent till 80.

But since you've already said you dont like the ghoul and refreshing BS, I say you should go Frost or even Blood. Go with what you like.
    Naus' Armoury - Armoury

I think frost is awesome for both pvp and pve. If specced correctly, then you can have 30%haste at all times!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackpowder
    I think frost is awesome for both pvp and pve. If specced correctly, then you can have 30%haste at all times!
    I would love to see anyone go frost without haste buffs Oo..

But well imo frost is just SO much more fun than any other spec (And its not even slightly hard to watch for procs .. i honestly have more trouble just watching my Divine Storm procs on my ret pala than the stuff on my frost DK)

10+ Year Old Account

As a long time fan of both Frost and Unholy, I prefer Unholy simply because I love having diseases on my targets and AoE. Frost from when I played it is quite fun whether 2H or DW, but after being a warlock for so long I prefer the disease aspect of Unholy. Constant dots, the gargoyle, Unholy Blight now stopping dispells (though this seems more PvP oriented), SS hits harder, I'd take my chances with Unholy. But in all fairness, it's what you want to play man. All three specs are a blast to play and it just all comes down to preference.

My Unholy spec is http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...GyqM,HpF,11599

If you want a good site for specs, I recommend either wowpopular.com or deathknightbuilds.com

Hope this helps

The bigger they are, the harder I hit'em

Quote Originally Posted by SalcN
    I would love to see anyone go frost without haste buffs Oo..

But well imo frost is just SO much more fun than any other spec (And its not even slightly hard to watch for procs .. i honestly have more trouble just watching my Divine Storm procs on my ret pala than the stuff on my frost DK)
    Power Auras FTW!

Never miss a proc again!
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile
    Power Auras FTW!

Never miss a proc again!
    There is quite a lot of good addons for this, I use Tell me When and it works great to.

The spec question.

While both of these are very competitive atm, and blood is up on there on more non movement fights. It comes down to your own playstyle. Do you like to actively look for procs and make use of them without a rot. Or do you prefer the predefined playstyle that unholy brings.

Also depends partly if you have the weapons for frost but assuming you do, do whatever you feel you would enjoy most, though frost would be good if you're 25 man raid is running without an enh shammy.

If you got an active spot in your guild go unholy unless they got a frost DK

As was said already, it all depends on your playstyle. I love frost dw. I've played it through the buff/nerf/buff. I don't know why I've always had a thing for dw, but I didn't like rogues, fury warriors, or draeneis, so when dk came along I took shot at it and loved it. I was sad that it got nerf, but I'm so happy that it got a buff again.

I'm not sure if I made any sense at all. Sorry.

frost and unholy are the dominant dps specs atm

i have them both for my specs, i use frost as my single target specs on bosses like saurfang, festergut, blood queen etc. i use unholy for movement/multi-target fights such as morrowgar, deathwhisper, lk, etc.

frost is can be unforgiving if lag is hating on you or you mess up your "flow" of your "rotation"...unholy is a bit forgiving.