Rate my demo+imp build :)

Hey, I was making a new leveling build for my alt, and I came up with a possible level 80 pve spec for demonology.

Here's the spec: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...0-abS57,,11723

So is it complete yeti **** or decently viable ?

Edit: moving 2 points from improved corruption into meta and demonic empowerment, still using the imp xD

Rogue/Hunter 80

Re: Rate my demo+imp build :)

Any Demo Imp spec is going to suck compared to it's FG counterpart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

ok, i'm guessing that the FG scales better in a raid with battleshout and icy talons.
    I thougth the 5% increased fire dmg and 5% crit from imp will boost incinerate/imolate(now that it crits) alot.
    Rogue/Hunter 80

I tried this spec. It sucks. Terribly. I hate to tell you.

You AND your imp do less damage.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

51 points in demo and no meta? No

No

Get felguard he is the best pet Of you want imp go destro only spec where he is viable.
    If you really what demo go meta and felguard with dp, good fun.

Why are some demo locks so content with trying to keep out there imp?

You messed up the Meta+Imp spec....horribly. It looks like this: http://wowhead.com/talent#IZcG0hkAkihsgoAoE0MV:bTn

It actually does more single target DPS than standard Demo, but only if the raid lacks melee buffs. If you do have melee buffs the Felguards pulls like 500+ DPS ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    You messed up the Meta+Imp spec....horribly. It looks like this: http://wowhead.com/talent#IZcG0hkAkihsgoAoE0MV:bTn

It actually does more single target DPS than standard Demo, but only if the raid lacks melee buffs. If you do have melee buffs the Felguards pulls like 500+ DPS ahead.
    ...really? got something to show that?

seriously actually perked my interest
    Quote Originally Posted by 420rogue View Post
    rawrrrr, i decided to make a new toon and now i can't get into the game....
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyth View Post
    this is the dumbest person i have ever seen.

Go do a dummy test? Make sure it's not one of the dummies where cleave hits two targets. It only matters in a poorly executed raid and the DPS gain is tiny even then. All it takes is the major armor debuff to be present and Felguard absolutely creams Imp. You'd need 2 Pally tanks, but neither of them giving Might and also not having a lot of other buffs to it to ever matter in a raid. Most 5 mans even.

Quote Originally Posted by Karpy
    Why are some demo locks so content with trying to keep out there imp?
    Was wondering the same.

What is it you guys have with the imp? Doesn't he big guy with the Arcanite reaper feels more demonology than the little lvl 1 green thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Uffman
    51 points in demo and no meta? No

No
    i did correct the thread shortly after posting it "moving 2 points from improved corruption into meta and demonic empowerment"

@ Karpy: It jsut felt like a viable synergy to get the imp out, that buffs fire spells, and in conjuction with molten core, incinerate spam sounded even more fun.

Overall, I was looking for a fun and "different" spec.
    Rogue/Hunter 80

15+ Year Old Account

It's because Master Demonologist has "Imp: Increases your fire damage by XYZ%" and people immediately try to fit the square peg into a square hole.

There is no square hole. Just one shaped like a giant fucking axe. Sorry.

And yes, in a 10 man situation with a focus on casters the imp will pull ahead, but these days you need melee in your group in order to succeed.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by mindcraft
    @ Karpy: It jsut felt like a viable synergy to get the imp out, that buffs fire spells, and in conjuction with molten core, incinerate spam sounded even more fun.

Overall, I was looking for a fun and "different" spec.
    Karpy? ???

Even with an Imp out Shadow Bolt is much better than Incinerate unless Molten Core is up. Imp builds have larger executes and better MC procs, but their damage outside of that is low because while +5% damage/crit to Incinerate is nice Shadow Bolt still hits for 20%+ more and has the same casting time.

If you care about fun and different then go for it, but the rotation is exactly the same as normal Demo and the pet is less interesting. The only cool thing is DE is stronger for Imps than Felguards (30 seconds of +20% crit is nice) and at Execute you'll do more personal DPS (lower total DPS when counting your Pet though).

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Karpy? ???

Even with an Imp out Shadow Bolt is much better than Incinerate unless Molten Core is up. Imp builds have larger executes and better MC procs, but their damage outside of that is low because while +5% damage/crit to Incinerate is nice Shadow Bolt still hits for 20%+ more and has the same casting time.

If you care about fun and different then go for it, but the rotation is exactly the same as normal Demo and the pet is less interesting. The only cool thing is DE is stronger for Imps than Felguards (30 seconds of +20% crit is nice) and at Execute you'll do more personal DPS (lower total DPS when counting your Pet though).
    Harky* sorry ^^

I have to say, i speced standard demo last night shorlty after dinging 70, and i'm loving the felguard criting for 1k in dungeons. I can't imagine the imp hiting like that, even tho i'll try him on a target dummy today.

Also i quickly realised shadowbolt is better all the way, with 3 incinerates for a small boost, once you trigger molten core effect.
    Overall this is a much interesting spec than destruction. What i love is the utillity it brings in 5man dungeons. Demon armor+Meta+taunt is something useful to help healers when they get aggro and the tank is slow to save them.

Seed of corruption spam on the main focused target is something i found ridiculosly overpowered too xD.

Demo is most exciting spec to play by far right now, followed by affliction

Rogue/Hunter 80