15+ Year Old Account

A hypothetical (gear) proposal

Consider this hypothetical scenario.

Today you receive a legitimate in-game message from Blizzard. The message states that you (and only you) are being given an opportunity - now - to equip a future expansion's T15 class set.

In the interests of clarity, this is a PvE rather than PvP/arena set, and you will not be eligible to participate in battlegrounds with this gear equipped.

If you accept this offer, the new items will remain with your character for one month. After that period lapses, they will disappear and be replaced either by your original gear or whatever upgrades to your original gear you have accrued in the interim.

This proposal presents obvious pros and cons, depending upon your approach to the game and your reasons for playing.

Would you accept?
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

Re: A hypothetical (gear) proposal

Hell. Fucking. Yes.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

please point out the 'obvious' cons again
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

15+ Year Old Account

Cons - there are those who play the game for the challenge of the encounter, which would be somewhat negated by a tier set that is entirely overpowered. Those individuals would see this advantage as lessening their gameplay enjoyment.
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

but you could always change gear and stock that T15 in your bags for prog runs and than put t15 on when you wanna goof around or if the guild just wants this boss fucking dead already

unless you can't remove it at all
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

15+ Year Old Account

Fair enough. We'll say for the sake of argument that it cannot be removed for the duration of the exercise.

And I'd spend the entire glorious month afk on Dalaran's well, collecting whispers and explaining people the complicated hyper-secret non-existent questline that one must do in order to get the gear.

15+ Year Old Account

I'd be beyond anxious to hear of this questline...

Quote Originally Posted by Taliron
    Hell. Fucking. Yes.